4.50 star(s) 17 Votes

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

If there's a question about their hair: Yes, both characters use a different (old) hair style when at home or during activities like workouts.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I don't get it.. why rework?? everything is perfect as is o_O
From the dev's public Discord:
For those who aren't keeping up with the devlog or aren't my patrons, just wanted to say that the rework isn't just about swapping out old images for new ones. I've thrown in a bunch of new scenes, introduced a handful of fresh characters, and there's more to come as I keep rolling with the rework.
So, the dev doesn't seem to think everything is perfect.

Reactions: Den1mo

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Normally I kind of dislike Reworks unless they are needed right at that moment instead of a later date as I just want to continue the story. but from the Preview renders im okay with it mostly cause I do think the renders at least to me look better than Summers Gone now at least from the previews we have seen so far.

Reactions: yossa999

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Normally I kind of dislike Reworks unless they are needed right at that moment instead of a later date as I just want to continue the story. but from the Preview renders im okay with it mostly cause I do think the renders at least to me look better than Summers Gone now at least from the previews we have seen so far.
Yeah, I always have to tell myself that this is early access to a work in progress and if you want something finished you should buy it on Steam when it's ready.

And it’s not surprising that you see the similarity of graphics with SG; it seems that the Ocean had a certain influence on Dream’s work. I can't say whether it's better or worse, but definitely the graphics are great, and the scene composition, photo effects and other visual things are looking very alike to what Ocean does.

Unfortunately, the rework flea seems to have jumped on Dream either :HideThePain:
But we can't do anything about it, everyone is different. Someone can draw up upfront a detailed plan of their creation and then strictly follow it. And someone can understand what the result should look like only after completing a certain part of the work.

Reactions: Den1mo

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023

The DevLog was supposed to be out yesterday, but I absolutely didn't have time for it. I spent the whole day dealing with things related to changing my internet connection. Finally, I have normal internet. I feel like I've gone from the stone age to the middle age, haha.

Anyway, today's going to be short...

Unbelievable, but I'm still rendering some animations. I'm starting to feel like it's getting slower and slower, and I'm getting a bit frustrated because I don't like it when things aren't moving. I guess nobody likes standing still.

I'm trying to alternate it a bit. Jumping between rendering and creating content for Ch2, but it's quite inconvenient. As for writing, I've finished everything (some things even for Ch3), but I don't see any significant progress in creating things. Essentially, it's hard to do both simultaneously. It's either creating or rendering (the downside of having only one PC).

However, soon the 'intro cinematic' representing the entry into Ch1 will be uploaded on YouTube. There will definitely be some finishing touches needed afterwards, but I would be glad if I could manage to release Ch1 during the next month (April).

Previews - today I'll show you just one image, and at the same time, I'd like to say something about it. It might be a bit of a minor spoiler, but I want to mention it.

7lc0mfG.png

This image is from a new scene with Susan, which never appeared in the old version of Ch1.

This scene captures our relationship with Susan very well, her friendly and caring approach towards us and Lily. Susan was essentially portrayed in the role of a doctor, where she partly tried to maintain her 'tough' demeanor and not show too many emotions. While that might have been good in the end, I felt it was missing to show her human side and to demonstrate that she's also just a person with feelings, and to show that she's more connected to us and not just some 'friendly doctor' caring for our mom.

However, this scene will only appear if you choose to make the right decision. It's not a sad scene, but definitely one of the most emotional, especially if you pay attention to what Susan says.

I probably haven't really kept my word about Ch1 and the rework, but just so you understand all the delay and why it's taking longer even though I originally thought it would be done much sooner:

• The static renders are somewhere between 1100 and 1200 (old version 661)
  • The animations (including the intro) are around 4900 to 5000 frames/images (not all finished yet - no loops - no sex scenes)
That's all for today. Stay safe out there, and thanks for your patience and support!

//Dream

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
There will definitely be some finishing touches needed afterwards, but I would be glad if I could manage to release Ch1 during the next month (April).
Wait, did the release plans change? I thought reworked Chapter 1 and 2 were supposed to release alongside Chapter 3?

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023
Wait, did the release plans change? I thought reworked Chapter 1 and 2 were supposed to release alongside Chapter 3?
yes. this is from log 14

A few days ago, the staff and I were discussing some things regarding the rework, and we came to the conclusion that it doesn't make sense to drag it out. So, I've decided that Chapter 1 will be released before the rest of the rework is completed. Ideally, it would be better to release it along with Chapter 3, but given my situation (regarding rendering), it would take too long. I understand that the rework can be frustrating for many players, as well as for developers.

However, I still need to sort out some things regarding music, animations, and there's one scene that isn't finished yet (it's linked to Chapter 2, and I need to make some progress to wrap it up). So, I won't be giving an exact date.

Hopefully, you'll soon have the chance to enjoy the entire rework, there's definitely a lot to look forward to

Edit: images from log 14

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
yes. this is from log 14

A few days ago, the staff and I were discussing some things regarding the rework, and we came to the conclusion that it doesn't make sense to drag it out. So, I've decided that Chapter 1 will be released before the rest of the rework is completed. Ideally, it would be better to release it along with Chapter 3, but given my situation (regarding rendering), it would take too long. I understand that the rework can be frustrating for many players, as well as for developers.

However, I still need to sort out some things regarding music, animations, and there's one scene that isn't finished yet (it's linked to Chapter 2, and I need to make some progress to wrap it up). So, I won't be giving an exact date.

Hopefully, you'll soon have the chance to enjoy the entire rework, there's definitely a lot to look forward to

Edit: images from log 14
Damn. That kinda sucks at the moment. I've heard a lot of good things about this one and am looking forward to trying it out. But waiting until later this year won't kill me.

4.50 star(s) 17 Votes