3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I've said it before. He's a great artist but a terrible game developer. As much as he tried to create his own vision of this game, it's based on an unoriginal and copied premise. Yet he has remade so many pieces over time. He lacked clear foresight when he started this project.
I hope he doesn't revisit it again, but I doubt it. His updates barely even have animations, so it's beggars belief how he is averaging 3 month update windows now.
Lacking clear foresight ... can't argue there (starting with the game originally being planned as a sequel), but he shares that with most Patreon devs.
And that's why I don't do Patreon. One who has a project in mind and plans ahead how much work it is, how long it will take and how much money he needs, can do a kickstarter campaign. Doing piece by piece and see where it goes (and listening to the constant "I need content of xy type" whining, changing the project constantly), that I don't support. Of course not all kickstarter projects succeed as well, but it's still better.

Animations would only work for naked bodies anyway, not with the complex clothing system he implemented.

BigRedRadio

Oct 8, 2022
It's an issue with so many of these games being solo projects and the Devs having day jobs and hopefully social lives.

You spend time on the writing you're not making the art, you spend time on the art your not fixing the bugs, youre fixing the bugs everyone hates the update as you didn't progress the story and you've lived with the characters in your head for way longer than you intended (Belle does a really good wrap up to long live the princess explaining some of this stuff), Serio got sent to South Africa with a container ship from work at one point I think he got 1 update in when he got back and then Patreon killed his account (harsh given Selina had no incest, and I don't think he'd even got to penetrative sex with any main characters) so it's a bigger surprise anything gets completed than it is they get abandoned.

He lacked clear foresight when he started this project. If you find me a Dev that fully understood what they where getting into especially on the first game they made, pump them for stock tips as that sort of insight is rare, but I take your point and agree the Dev probably bit of more than he could chew or at least chew quickly

I understand the frustration but it's BB did you really expect it to get finished? I live in hope we will eventually see something and I'd rather it was slow and right than fast and wrong as that means another rework of day 1 after the next rework of day 1, I'd rather not have day 1 of BB being my version of groundhog day (give me a day after Kira arives and we can talk about it)

Reactions: groq

BigRedRadio

Oct 8, 2022
Lacking clear foresight ... can't argue there (starting with the game originally being planned as a sequel), but he shares that with most Patreon devs.
And that's why I don't do Patreon. One who has a project in mind and plans ahead how much work it is, how long it will take and how much money he needs, can do a kickstarter campaign. Doing piece by piece and see where it goes (and listening to the constant "I need content of xy type" whining, changing the project constantly), that I don't support. Of course not all kickstarter projects succeed as well, but it's still better.

Animations would only work for naked bodies anyway, not with the complex clothing system he implemented.
Thank you I think that more eloquently makes the point I was trying to

Reactions: Nemo56

Carla_BrownBB

Sep 22, 2018
It's an issue with so many of these games being solo projects and the Devs having day jobs and hopefully social lives.

You spend time on the writing you're not making the art, you spend time on the art your not fixing the bugs, youre fixing the bugs everyone hates the update as you didn't progress the story and you've lived with the characters in your head for way longer than you intended (Belle does a really good wrap up to long live the princess explaining some of this stuff), Serio got sent to South Africa with a container ship from work at one point I think he got 1 update in when he got back and then Patreon killed his account (harsh given Selina had no incest, and I don't think he'd even got to penetrative sex with any main characters) so it's a bigger surprise anything gets completed than it is they get abandoned.

He lacked clear foresight when he started this project. If you find me a Dev that fully understood what they where getting into especially on the first game they made, pump them for stock tips as that sort of insight is rare, but I take your point and agree the Dev probably bit of more than he could chew or at least chew quickly

I understand the frustration but it's BB did you really expect it to get finished? I live in hope we will eventually see something and I'd rather it was slow and right than fast and wrong as that means another rework of day 1 after the next rework of day 1, I'd rather not have day 1 of BB being my version of groundhog day (give me a day after Kira arives and we can talk about it)
All these big brother clones draw a lot of attention because It's clearly an addictive and kinky premise.

You hit the nail on the head re. frustration of having to experience day 1 again and again and again.

The marginal increase (if there even will be one) for recreating day 1 at this stage would pale in comparison to refocusing that effort to post BB content everyone has been craving for

BigRedRadio

Oct 8, 2022
All these big brother clones draw a lot of attention because It's clearly an addictive and kinky premise.

You hit the nail on the head re. frustration of having to experience day 1 again and again and again.

The marginal increase (if there even will be one) for recreating day 1 at this stage would pale in comparison to refocusing that effort to post BB content everyone has been craving for
Might be a daft question after all these remakes, reimaginings and continuing mods do we even know how BB was meant to end

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think the bigger issue with animations is that it takes a lot more render time for each scene and it's actually not easy to create a smooth animation. If he's good at animations, great. If he's not then he's better off doing still images.

Some of my favorite adult games don't have any animations and some of the worst ones I've played do have them. They're a nice bonus if they're done right, but they're just that, a bonus.

NecromeN

May 2, 2017
Updates will drag on for a long time, money will be drawn from people's pockets where they receive a drop of content.And who knows if the game will reach its logical end or will simply be abandoned.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Updates will drag on for a long time, money will be drawn from people's pockets where they receive a drop of content.And who knows if the game will reach its logical end or will simply be abandoned.
Sadly, the logical end for a number of great VNs is abandonment. Their creators lack the will and/or ability to continue the story beyond a certain point.

Some great VNs get new life with a new creator but too many of the good/potentially great ones die on the vine (Love and Submission).

If we are going to effectively restart BBAS, then it would be nice for the Dev to put out a roadmap for supporters to show how he intends to catch up to where he is now, then surpass it.

I pay a gym to run on a treadmill - not a creator.

Reactions: bulk31

WankerDxD

Nov 11, 2022
Until we see next update, it's worth, or just wasting the time by changing minor unnecessary interface things that not needing Months of work.

And until we see the bugs he's talking about, so if he'll waste the time more and more , while all what we care about is updating the opportunities

Whatever, there are a difference between Slow progress in game , and slow updates.

For slow progress, it's normal thing for most games, So for Alice , she should have sex in 2023 to consider Aleksey doing a stable progress.

Reactions: Chaosguy

BigRedRadio

Oct 8, 2022
But not for game like this and were so little update.
I like the approach Belle and NTL take where there's a weekly update just to let you know they've not ran off to the Caribbean to become a reggae star, Lazy Monkey goes even further doing a daily update and including a shot from that days renders I mean most of them are people sitting around but VN games that's a lot of the game so you know things are advancing even if it's slow I mean Belle had about a month figuring out particle physics in explosions for ... reasons but you know what's happening and why

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
for the life of me I do not understand why the Dev did not organize the game in chapters. He could have closed the current game at the current status (= end of Eric) and called in "chaper 1". Chapter 2 would then follow and he could have implemented any design change to the new game he wanted etc, but continue telling the story forward.

It will now take the Dev at his current pace easily 1-2 years to get back to where we already are. Why do we have to relive the intro story again, which is anyway already a carbon copy of the original, story-wise?

Dev might as well rename his new game: "BB, Same Story, 3rd Version"

Last edited:

groq

Aug 12, 2017
for the life of me I do not understand why the Dev did not organize the game in chapters. He could have closed the current game at the current status (= end of Eric) and called in "chaper 1". Chapter 2 would then follow and he could have implemented any design change to the new game he wanted etc, but continue telling the story forward.
Good suggestion.
It will now take the Dev at his current pace easily 1-2 years to get back to where we already are....
That's the whole point!
Dev might as well rename his new game: "BB, Same Story, 3rd Version"
Take it easy. You'll upset the die-hard supporters!

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
for the life of me I do not understand why the Dev ...
Try to ask him on discord :)
The 'chapter' thing currently is a way to bring games to stores which don't accept "work in progress" products.
But it leaves a very bad impression if they leave storylines open and apart from the Eric arc there is no completed story arc in BIBOAS. And not even the Eric arc is completed on all paths.

Btw, someone said that the two Eric paths will be combined to one in the next version. Of course I can't confirm that. It would certainly reduce the amount of work needed to make Eric fans happy.

Aleksey simply isn't happy with the game in it's current state and also changed the interface, as you can see in the preview pics.
If he doesn't like it, why release it as a "finished" season?

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes