3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

Ntr Ntr

Jun 23, 2019
another delay... i dont understand why the most of this adult game creators NEVER could keep their word!
for me tomorrow is the worst day of the week because of my work - so i am very disappointed! cant play the new update before friday!
I agree with ya but if he is genuinely fixing bugs as he stated then I would be happy to wait a day or 2 more and play a more smoother game but like u said it is disappointing That they don’t keep their words especially as it’s not the first delay for this version.

Reactions: keer

Summer Love

Jul 5, 2017
High Simp Lord

no its not the end of my world but have you ever worked this in real life? do you delay every month your work you have to do? what would your customers do? and you say everytime "sorry dear customers, its better for you that i delay another time to show you my work becaus it is better for you! we are the customers, we are paying (30$!!!) and when we are paying, then we are allowed to get something - in time!!! thats how it works!

if they do it without taking customers money - then you are absolutely right!!!

the only thing you are right is that fact, that i could go to another creator if i am not satisfied. thats life! 3 delays in 3 days is too much! do you support him on patreon with your money too? if not, then you should shut your mouth!

and every disappointed customer is allowed to say their opinion!
Why yes, I do work with customers everyday. I am intimately familiar with the laws surrounding the sale of product to paying customers. That is why I can with absolute confidence say that Aleskey90 is not obligated to follow a strict release schedule because of one fact: We. Are Not. Customers.
Patreon is not a point of sale platform. It is a creative platform with a subscription service built into it. Meaning you subscribe to a creator and in return you get to see what they create. At no point whatsoever is there ever mentioned in the websites TOS that a creator is required to follow a release schedule. You are not buying something, you are supporting them so they can create.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Why yes, I do work with customers everyday. I am intimately familiar with the laws surrounding the sale of product to paying customers. That is why I can with absolute confidence say that Aleskey90 is not obligated to follow a strict release schedule because of one fact: We. Are Not. Customers.
Patreon is not a point of sale platform. It is a creative platform with a subscription service built into it. Meaning you subscribe to a creator and in return you get to see what they create. At no point whatsoever is there ever mentioned in the websites TOS that a creator is required to follow a release schedule. You are not buying something, you are supporting them so they can create.
Yeah I am trying to explain that Patreon is not a real store to buy stuff.
Even Kickstarter projects usually miss the target time.In some cases with years.A surprise to get a board game 3 years after promised day.

Reactions: mickster101

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
IMO a strict release schedule isn't really a good thing anyway. You can't just stop development at 5pm on Friday and say ok release time. You have to stop at a point that makes sense for the story and also at a point where the content that's done is actually complete, works, is tested, etc.

Ballpark numbers are fine but to say ok release days is the 1st of every month or whatever doesn't really make sense. What if that new event isn't finished yet? Do you cut the whole thing out and release anyway? Do you stay up all night scrambling to finish it? If you do, is the end result as good as it would have been if you had spent a full week getting it polished the way you actually wanted it? Probably not. Does it have a bunch of scenes with obnoxious things like a black screen that just says "placeholder" or whatever? Who really wants that?

The inverse of that where the dev gives no info about status is also not good. 6 months, no release, no updates, whatever and fans would start to think you got hit by a bus or something (not saying this dev is doing that, just giving an example). IMO some happy medium in between works better. Hey, here's where I am with this, probable release in say 2 weeks. That time comes and, oops I didn't quite get everything done, probably another few days. Then you get your release. No set schedule but the fans know what's going on.

Some might bitch and moan but the reasonable ones are happy, whether they're paying customers or pirates isn't really that relevant. A pirate is basically a potential customer who likes it well enough to be playing it and checking progress. Maybe you'll convert them to a paying customer, maybe you won't.

Reactions: greenymph

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Except NLT, i never seen a single Dev who consistently kept their word.
Except NLT isn't a single dev. NLT is a team of experienced people. This is one guy who mentioned he would get a coder, but for the moment, it is unclear if he actually did already.
no its not the end of my world but have you ever worked this in real life? do you delay every month your work you have to do? what would your customers do? and you say everytime "sorry dear customers, its better for you that i delay another time to show you my work becaus it is better for you! we are the customers, we are paying (30$!!!) and when we are paying, then we are allowed to get something - in time!!! thats how it works!
Again, this isn't his "work". It's still a hobby, so that means he's doing it next to his actual job, and guess which one takes priority?

Reactions: LTT82

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
Except NLT isn't a single dev. NLT is a team of experienced people. This is one guy who mentioned he would get a coder, but for the moment, it is unclear if he actually did already.

Again, this isn't his "work". It's still a hobby, so that means he's doing it next to his actual job, and guess which one takes priority?
Yes, your right, and he now has an assistant, but both are inexperienced, and have jobs. Like you say, it's just a hobby. His PATREON is doing ok, but nothing to quit his day job over.

Reactions: LTT82 and armion82

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yes, your right, and he now has an assistant, but both are inexperienced, and have jobs. Like you say, it's just a hobby. His PATREON is doing ok, but nothing to quit his day job over.
I think a lot of fans probably lose site that this is the situation for MOST of the adult game devs out there. I'd love to develop games full time, even if it meant a pay cut but just to cover my mortgage plus the most basic of expenses I would need about $5000 a month take home (after patreon's cut, after taxes, etc). Add in taxes and patreon's percentage and we're talking more like $10k minimum for me to quit my job and that would still be a pay cut.

I haven't even started yet, still need to build a render box first but I'm not under any illusions that I'll hit that mark any time soon if ever. So I'll be following in the same footsteps as most other devs, full time job, game dev as a part time side hobby.

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
I think a lot of fans probably lose site that this is the situation for MOST of the adult game devs out there. I'd love to develop games full time, even if it meant a pay cut but just to cover my mortgage plus the most basic of expenses I would need about $5000 a month take home (after patreon's cut, after taxes, etc). Add in taxes and patreon's percentage and we're talking more like $10k minimum for me to quit my job and that would still be a pay cut.

I haven't even started yet, still need to build a render box first but I'm not under any illusions that I'll hit that mark any time soon if ever. So I'll be following in the same footsteps as most other devs, full time job, game dev as a part time side hobby.
Live your dream so we can play it one day. Good luck to you!

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes