3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
My experience with modding so far is that the key to keeping the bugs in check is to playtest frequently after adding only a small number of new events. That way you haven't added enough code to really fuck things up, you'll have a small number of bugs that will be pretty easy to fix, then you move on to the next set of events. So you don't code the entire release and then do the bug fixing at the end. You do both at the same time. It's MUCH faster that way. Usually a few broken links or whatever will still slip through the cracks, especially on paths that you don't personally like as well and for that it really helps to let your fans know that you will actually respond to those bug reports.
The problem in this case is the game not being a VN, but sandbox, where the order in which events are played, is not given.
The event to get rid of Eric had some unforseen consequences, his face would appear on schedule in certain rooms, even if he had already been kicked out.
You can say about Aleksey what you want, but he is not great when it comes to planing ahead. That Eric would be gone at some point was always known, so these scheduled events should have included a check from the beginning. But as it is, it had to be added later, which causes more work and more potential errors. Usually a dummy check is used that always returns true if it's not yet known what the check will depend on. So once it's known, only this check has to be altered. But if it's not in the code from the beginning, it can be a pain to find all the places where it should be.
Such mistaktes are one of the reasons there were so many bugfixes.
Some others were related to translations, those don't count.

Last edited:

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
Never could understand the "Big" part in the game. He's not the oldest and definitely smaller than his mom/aunt... I take it, it's for his willie which isn't that big to be honest.
For those who don’t get an obvious cultural reference dev uses this t-shirt in the new iteration of this story.

Btw this stupid t-shirt is one of the many reasons I detest Glamour version of BB quite a bit.

Reactions: Nemo56

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
I haven't even seen that image in game as I'm still grinding away at the start I guess. It's been hours and hardly anything happens.

For those who don’t get an obvious cultural reference dev uses this t-shirt in the new iteration of this story.

Btw this stupid t-shirt is one of the many reasons I detest Glamour version of BB quite a bit.

Reactions: Juninpachi

su wei

Dec 15, 2019
I meant Dark Silver (who came up with the title "Big Brother") and his Glamour - new iteration of original Big Brother.

Apparently, I wrongly assume everyone in this thread as an old-timer. My bad.
This old propaganda of the cold War era is not very popular with young people nowadays. There could have been a deeper story in the older version of Big Brother, but unfortunately it ran aground. The new version of "Glamour" is missing all the successful game mechanics of the original, as well as the interesting emotional corruption of the past.

Reactions: Juninpachi

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I meant Dark Silver (who came up with the title "Big Brother") and his Glamour - new iteration of original Big Brother.

Apparently, I wrongly assume everyone in this thread as an old-timer. My bad.
tbh I never looked at the shirt closely.
There also exists A Big Brother TV show (1999 Netherlands), which then was brought to Germany and other countries
Some people lived in a house under surveillance 24/7 and the viewers would vote each week who had to leave.

It also had some spinoffs with C-Stars, who lived in the jungle or on a Farm in the alps.
It's all about being watched 24/7.

They still produce that rubbish once in a while, many people seem to like it.

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
By “old-timer” I meant “old time BB funs”. I do not recall term confused anyone back in 2017, everyone got the reference.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Always thought that the term 'Big Brother' was coined by the author of Animal Farm & 1984, George Orwell.

Reactions: Pagdor

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Always thought that the term 'Big Brother' was coined by the author of Animal Farm & 1984, George Orwell.
Well, the image on Max' shirt is actually the book cover of 1984.

So you might be right. I am not sure if Orwell invented the term big brother or if that came later, but he certainly explored the idea of total government control and someone watching you all the time.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Well, the image on Max' shirt is actually the book cover of 1984.

So you might be right. I am not sure if Orwell invented the term big brother or if that came later, but he certainly explored the idea of total government control and someone watching you all the time.
It is not 100% clear if Orwell "invented" the actual term, but it became what it means today (mass surveillance etc), because of 1984 :

What's unclear, is what actually truly inspired him, the article states several possibilities, but it seems like nobody knows which one (or if all?) inspired him.

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
Orwell was Brit gov insider, he made his carrier in early era of British Empire’s Ministry of Truth (BBC). “Orwell” is his pen name to protect his BBC profile btw. His book depicts British technocrats’ vision of future for the next 50 years, obviously. Check out H. G. Wells’ ideas for the world government from that era for comparison. Same with Huxley. They differ a bit but idea is the same.

It was in the air since the first world war when elites said “never again, we need to manage this thing in another way”. Long story short Orwell invented nothing. He just spilled the beans on BBC and British Conservative Party (he was a flaming liberal). Contemporary readers understood all the allusions quite easily. Idea ‘1984’ is somehow anti-Soviet pamphlet is from late stages of the Cold war.

Hayoken

Aug 7, 2017
I would say, just go and visit her in the shower in the morning or whenever she is showering. It's called "I think I owe you a favor", it takes place after the memory left of this one.
I can only peek at her or use the step ladder. Is it possible i missed it? i finished all quests already

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
You should be able to peek on her normally as well. I don't know any condition that prevents it.

Of course it's possible that your persistent file is damaged. In that case use the one provided in the savegames post.

Chaosguy

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2022
Don't you have to get a BJ from her at the pool around 3am and than you can have sex with her?

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes