3.00 star(s) 94 Votes

Sion.Savior

May 6, 2017
Man, if he only makes the game progress in a regular basis, in the same state it was, with the same characters, same depness of story, and this graphic quality, and doesn't abandon it, I'm a 100% sure it'll be a success.
Maybe you're right, maybe not.

However, as you read in the previous post, you can clearly see that people want improvements.

In my post I have only summarized these and my own interests.

Of course this does not mean that I do not agree with you.

Reactions: rf96
Jul 20, 2019
Is this one any good? How much has been recycled? How much content is there already? And anything new?
it's alright so far, plays like big brother, looks like big brother, im impressed by the UI. not much content though and it has game breaking errors once u get like a week into it. I suspect these errors actually PREVENT you from seeing some of the current content.

there's some sort of energy system, which has no real effect rn but in the future i'd assume once your energy is too low, you have to nap/sleep to regain it before doing any actions.

it also notifies you when you've increased/decreased a character's mood/relationship, which is a plus.

all in all, i doubt it has been easy taking a game from unity and essentially replicating (to a great degree so far) in renpy.

Reactions: kurokitsune17

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017

However, as you read in the previous post, you can clearly see that people want improvements.

I also agree with you, but I wanted to emphasize that is more important that he focuses on making the content without open many branches that lead to nowhere or trying to get as much money as fast as posible and end up in an abandoned game, like most of starting devs do. If he makes something solid, then he will be able to add anything different stuff he/people wants and get money.

Gok

Jun 9, 2017
So.. any news with the dev? I mean if his patreon is dead, he might quit this game outright. He got twitter or smth?

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
So.. any news with the dev? I mean if his patreon is dead, he might quit this game outright. He got twitter or smth?
I hope he won't kill development. Someone has to make this game playable.

Aug 13, 2017
I'm kinda disappointed with the errors in code thus far considering the length of time the content for a lot of this has already been out.

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
I hope he won't kill development. Someone has to make this game playable.
When people was talking about patreon rules and things that we all know about this kind of games, he was talking like he had all figured out... so let's wait , I can't believe someone takes so much work to do a game without a clue of what he's doing.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017

Sion.Savior

May 6, 2017
I also agree with you, but I wanted to emphasize that is more important that he focuses on making the content without open many branches that lead to nowhere or trying to get as much money as fast as posible and end up in an abandoned game, like most of starting devs do. If he makes something solid, then he will be able to add anything different stuff he/people wants and get money.

Kai Andersen

May 1, 2018
Another talented Russian developer. That's just not clear, why waste your time and effort on a remake of someone else's game? After all, everyone will associate BB with DS. It would be better if he made his own, albeit small, game. As the Russians themselves say: you can't enter the same river twice. :(

Reactions: karagan91

Deluxe4arms

Jul 30, 2017
I keep getting this error when Lisa isn't in her room:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/core/core.rpy", line 236, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "core/core.rpyc", line 213, in script call
  File "core/core.rpyc", line 236, in script
  File "C:\Users\colli\Downloads\BigBrother_AnotherStory-v001001TechDemo-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\colli\Downloads\BigBrother_AnotherStory-v001001TechDemo-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\colli\Downloads\BigBrother_AnotherStory-v001001TechDemo-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/core/core.rpy", line 236, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\colli\Downloads\BigBrother_AnotherStory-v001001TechDemo-pc\renpy\python.py", line 847, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Большой брат: другая история v0.01.TechDemo
Mon Jan 06 23:44:45 2020

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
Another talented Russian developer. That's just not clear, why waste your time and effort on a remake of someone else's game? After all, everyone will associate BB with DS. It would be better if he made his own, albeit small, game. As the Russians themselves say: you can't enter the same river twice. :(
Big brother is not a completed game. The dev probably is planning to continue the progress of this game in future updates. Ι don't understand why are you against this except if you don't like the game which is another story. There are many good games out there that are abandoned and an effort to revive them is always welcome even by another dev. Of course this would be true if there weren't the Patreon rules. I don't know if the dev was so naive to ignore them hoping that people will not report him but as expected his page now is under review. Some games are abandoned for a reason...

3.00 star(s) 94 Votes