Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

x-interupt

Jun 21, 2017
this is a generic reply to the "too dark" comments on the series i posted. The series is based on the ideas in the game of Kira seducing Ann one night when she goes to sleep with her, and max is watching, if you look at the lighting in the images from the game when max peeps on them at night: t-sleep-c.jpg t-sleep-n.jpg t-sleep-nn.jpg you'll see that while my lighting isn't identical, it is similar, which is the idea with the series.
think of it as a fanfic of Kira seducing ann

Vayleton

Mar 4, 2017
What kind of gpu do you guys have, and how long does it take to make one of those scenes? I made some small scenes in Daz and my machine might just be a potato. But it usually takes 8+ hours. I am considering building a new pc, and would love to see that rendering time go down a lot.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
What kind of gpu do you guys have, and how long does it take to make one of those scenes? I made some small scenes in Daz and my machine might just be a potato. But it usually takes 8+ hours. I am considering building a new pc, and would love to see that rendering time go down a lot.

I have a 390x Radeon and it takes 20min on low setting and 30min on high, but it looks like I am CPU capped, not GPU. i.e. 100% on all four cores, GPU fan relatively quiet. If I were to get serious I 'd probably be able to build a very high value render box for ~ $1200...

x-interupt

Jun 21, 2017
i posted my rig's stats a bit ago, but i'll repost:
CPU: i5 3570K
Ram: 32 gigs
GPU: gtx 1060 6gig
primary scratch drive: Revodrive3 120 pcie 4x

the scenes i posted are actually 2 renders photoshopped together the "dark" version that i overlay takes about 6-7 minutes, the "lighted" versions are 15-20 minutes. but alot of your render time depends on what's actually seen, if it's behind the camera and you can get rid of it, save the scene, delete or derender what's not in frame and then render that.

additional, i do GPU only renders, through IRay, i don't use the CPU except to deliver the data onto the card, and then it renders. i also only render 720p, and i can upscale if needed, 4K/1080 Imho is a waste of render time unless i'm going to print with something. most people have a hard time seeing the difference between a static image rendered @ 1080 and a 720 that's been upscaled. most of the images in the game that i've decrypted have artifacting @ 1080 and indicate that they were originally rendered @ 900 or 720, 900 is a "perfect middle" due to 180 between 720 and 1080 therefore the loss is less moving either direction

Last edited:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I have a pretty beefy machine designed specifically for this kind of thing. But light is always the key - the more light, the faster Iray converges. If you want a darker scene, you can keep the light in the scene, but then fiddle with your "camera" using Tone Mapping. But if you're rendering with your CPU (as opposed to with an NVidia GPU), expect things to take quite a while...

x-interupt

Jun 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the GPU is your bottleneck, the 2Gig is limiting your scene size for assets, i'd go with a 1060, best bang for the bucks, as per a previous posting i made, i got mine aobut 200 bucks, and it pushes a good pixel/buck ratio that the 1070 and 1080 can't approach value for dollar, and it's still able to SLI if needed

additionally, if i were to build a new rig, i'd spend the majority of my money on the best GPU i could buy, I'm running a processor that's at least 5 years old, and i still run current stuff, thanks to the 1060. the difference in render performance right now is all in the GPU due to IRAY (which for those unread in the matter, it's an NVIDIA specific thing, AMD cards are NOT IRAY compatible). but a budget rig like mine renders relatively fast and i think in decent quality. so if i were to upgrade, i'd wait a bit until intel starts firing back and attempting to meet AMD's CPU prices before looking at the MB/CPU/RAM upgrades, i'd get a strong GPU something that will run for 2-3 years once you upgrade the rest.

i used to have a yearly upgrade cycle, every 2 years it was new MB/CPU/RAM, and then the following year, new HDD/GPU, but when the difference between the 3570 and the 6500 was like 10%, i stopped and just hit the GPU cycle and it's been fine now

Last edited:
Reactions: Vayleton

Vayleton

Mar 4, 2017
the GPU is your bottleneck, the 2Gig is limiting your scene size for assets, i'd go with a 1060, best bang for the bucks, as per a previous posting i made, i got mine aobut 200 bucks, and it pushes a good pixel/buck ratio that the 1070 and 1080 can't approach value for dollar, and it's still able to SLI if needed
Ok, I thought it would idd be my gpu that would be the weak spot. And thanks for the tip about best value for gpu.

Reactions: x-interupt

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Looks pretty good, but it's too dark to be honest. I get that it's a night scene, but still :D

Edit: Mhh, maybe it was actually the lighting in my room, it doesn't seem THAT dark anymore XD
Hottest sequence of Ann so far IMO.
- Just needs a bit of light
- and Kira fucking Ann with a strap on to finish her off.
- Or, Ann riding Kira's sybian alone at 1AM
Yeahh, I like it. Very hot scene. But as others already mentioned, a little bit to dark. Lightning would be nice.
yes, it is too dark.. Lights off/out..
this is a generic reply to the "too dark" comments on the series i posted. The series is based on the ideas in the game of Kira seducing Ann one night when she goes to sleep with her, and max is watching, if you look at the lighting in the images from the game when max peeps on them at night: View attachment 17987 View attachment 17988 View attachment 17989 you'll see that while my lighting isn't identical, it is similar, which is the idea with the series.
think of it as a fanfic of Kira seducing ann
29072_sisters_1b.jpg 29073_sisters_2b.jpg 29074_sisters_3b.jpg 29075_sisters_4b.jpg 29076_sisters_5b.jpg 29077_sisters_6b.jpg 29078_sisters_7b.jpg

x-interupt

Jun 21, 2017

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
with the light changed like that it looks less like kira joining ann @ 3am and more like "it's 10pm, lights on" i sorta aimed the scene at kira sneaking into ann's room and starting while ann's asleep, but eh, to each their own, btw, these are the "light renders" they're based on
View attachment 18023 View attachment 18024 View attachment 18025 View attachment 18026 View attachment 18027 View attachment 18028 View attachment 18029
it started with kira sneaking in, and now they've been at it all night and into the afternoon. I'll add a red hue and some sunbeams coming from the window to simulate scissoring sisters at sunset, to complete the 24hour marathon set.

29076_sisters_5c.jpg

Last edited:

x-interupt

Jun 21, 2017
it started with kira sneaking in, and now they've been at it all night and into the afternoon. I'll add a red hue and some sunbeams coming from the window to simulate scissoring sisters at sunset, to complete the 24hour marathon set.

View attachment 18030
We need to find a lubricant tanker truck, or a bunch of office water cooler bottles to make sure they don't get too dry during their 24 hour celebration ;)

rocky1905

Jul 18, 2017
Kira decides to allow Max to join her in the tub after all...

View attachment 18005
Some morning bath scene would also be amazing when kira and alice are in the bathroom just before breakfast. It would certainly hot to see kira and alice in action and max peeking in. May be mom would catch max while peeking.

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes