Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Samira4ever

Aug 22, 2021
Thanks! This set is wonderful. More please!

And can you tell me, what render settings do you use? I render with 5000 samples and Rendering quality 5-10. But my pictures still have noise.
Fantastic, some beautiful renders, and the scene changes are very good. I do not recognize the "new girl" but she is as beautiful as the others....

Samira4ever

Aug 22, 2021
The new intern in the family business is awesome :D
Well, it gets better with each addition. Again, your renders are fantastic, your imagination and talent are equally amazing. Besides, anything with Alice included is always enjoyable.

Samira4ever

Aug 22, 2021
Hi guys, its my first render ever in my life. I found it very exciting and cool to try create something new. I know its waaay under level pictures put in here, but still it was really fun, and i started enjoying using daz :) Here's little Alice!
Beautifully done

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
I wish I have your 'mediocre painting skills' =)
watch few digital painting videos explaining common mistakes with colors etc (Marco Bucci videos on yt I think are very good), work slowly, don't try to do something too quickly, that is all I did, I used couple brushes (one is the regular round one with very soft edge, the other is a noise pattern) with very low strength, paint with quite a small brush zoomed in, zoom out often to see if you're not going in wrong direction or introduce unwanted pattern, resample color often, work on layers, if you did something that looked right, stop, make new layer, continue on the new layer, so it is easy to step back in case something starts to go wrong and you don't have to start over

this is all the amateurish advice I can provide, and fail quickly, so you can improve faster :)

Reactions: firevoodoo

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
You assume I ever tried to do in Daz anything at all, ha-ha.

Thanks for encouragement, however. Maybe I will!

Someday=)

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
The original setup was for Image a - it didn't come out well and took a long time to render.
I have adjusted some settings and changed the window asset color in the scene that was an issue on the first image.

It rendered so much faster, though rendering is CPU only as Video is an AMD one, Used an NVidia at some point on this rig, but it was having issues with a game I play, so it had to go.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
The original setup was for Image a - it didn't come out well and took a long time to render.
I have adjusted some settings and changed the window asset color in the scene that was an issue on the first image.

It rendered so much faster, though rendering is CPU only as Video is an AMD one, Used an NVidia at some point on this rig, but it was having issues with a game I play, so it had to go.
You may already know this, but the Iray rendering tracks the path of light as it leaves its source and travels around to light up the world. So anything that reflects light (mirrors, chrome, the window frame that was causing difficulties, etc) will tend to increase your render time. So will enclosing your space (i.e. having ceiling, floor, and all 4 walls). Reflections and enclosures basically keep the light going and within the scene. Matte finishes that basically absorb light or getting the light traveling where it has moved beyond every object in your scene allows the engine to stop tracking that particular beam.

Transparency and refraction also cause extra calculations along a light's path to increase render time, but don't add to the potential for looping light paths.

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
You may already know this, but the Iray rendering tracks the path of light as it leaves its source and travels around to light up the world. So anything that reflects light (mirrors, chrome, the window frame that was causing difficulties, etc) will tend to increase your render time. So will enclosing your space (i.e. having ceiling, floor, and all 4 walls). Reflections and enclosures basically keep the light going and within the scene. Matte finishes that basically absorb light or getting the light traveling where it has moved beyond every object in your scene allows the engine to stop tracking that particular beam.

Transparency and refraction also cause extra calculations along a light's path to increase render time, but don't add to the potential for looping light paths.
Very new to this so anything information you provide is appreciated, lighting has been a pain point but I have gotten to a point that feels a lot better about how the scenes look, test images are made just to see that final render, but at times do stop and try something else if the issue is glaring.

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
blender_alice.png
The image above was exported DAZ to blender with bridge; it was rendered in 3 minutes and looks good.
Still, just a test of what could be; as there are issues with exported poses and placement of the models, rework on the scenes will be required.
Still a learning process though

The image below is another image with some render issues, which tend to happen while adjusting for speed with Daz rendering with CPU.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes