T

TMWSTW

Lol. DS already knows about us. He even used to take down our links until we started to upload on dozens of different hosting services. So that comment doesn't really do anything since he already knows. And if he didn't... he got to know us in this version since we were the ones that cracked it and thanks to the people who cracked/moded it every version that took our game (which as far as I'm aware is the only one going around) every time they open the game it says "Provided by f95zone". He could spend a month trying to protect his game and I'm sure Scale would crack it :)
True, but I feel like it's in everyone's best interest not to wave it in his face, or at least not on his Patreon page. He only just acceded to stop wasting his time implementing new DRM methods. Regardless of whether or not it can be cracked (it obviously can) it's still a significant portion of time that's being redirected from developing the game to chasing those "damn dirty pirates" which is bad for DS and bad for those of us who enjoy the game as well.

SRJ

May 2, 2017
Of course he knows about F95zone. But there are many patrons who don't, and he won't be too happy about a user posting details about where to get a hacked and modded game of his, which basically encourages people to not patron him. He may be tolerant of a website he can't stop, but he'll be intolerant about people affecting his revenue source, and that may encourage him to spend more time trying to make it harder to crack, rather than more content.

SRJ

May 2, 2017
If I was DS, rather than add DRM or other nasty shit,.. I'd make images showing things like Eric fucking Lisa and Alice at the same time, or a threesome with the mother and Kira... or even with Olivia..... and also maybe some room changes showing blood pools, and a dead character, even Max or a sister. Maybe throw in some scenes of mother with a sex toy. And absolutely not use any of them as part of the game. Make lots of fake variables that lead nowhere and then sit back and laugh at people bombard forums saying "how do I get this scene?" because people are so stupid, they will ignore people saying they are fake.

Reactions: nickvits

lWFDl

May 8, 2017
Of course he knows about F95zone. But there are many patrons who don't, and he won't be too happy about a user posting details about where to get a hacked and modded game of his, which basically encourages people to not patron him. He may be tolerant of a website he can't stop, but he'll be intolerant about people affecting his revenue source, and that may encourage him to spend more time trying to make it harder to crack, rather than more content.
In every ones interest, everyone of you should at least give him five bugs, because he can't make a good game without money!

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Like I said yesterday, I'm pretty sure that DS is aware of this Forum. Perhaps he called in for legal protection of his product against every Website ho provided his cracked product. Perhaps he does not... Who knows
I really wish that would happen because he is just waiting for license infringement from DAZ right now. He is using DAZ assets that require him to buy at least a indi license which i doubt he has done. Since he is effectively making money with the game and not his artistic abilities ;)

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I just wish, even with the mods, the grind was so much less. It's incredibly tedious to really get advancement, especially along the sensual massage route. I don't know what kind of torture it would be to play without the mods...I shiver to think of the time lost.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I guess you have never had an end-user ask for a new feature that was outside the scope of the original design then, or thought up a new feature that required the storage of new information. Because while it is possible to design systems in ways that leave them open to future un-thought-of extensions they generally involve adding overhead and abstractions that result in a less efficient product. It is not uncommon for independent based projects to not fully (or semi) scope their designs before implementing prototypes/betas, which is what most of the games available on this site are.

NOTE:
I am not says that was what happened here nor that this project is well designed, as I have neither played recent versions of the game nor looked at its source code, although I do have some experience working on Unity based projects.
Valid point and yes i have faced those situations. That is also the reason why i stick to old school definitions of proof of concept, alpha and beta. By providing the game via Patreon and how he advertises it he effectively made it an open beta which should have all the core mechanics in place. Data addition should be possible without breaking the old stuff then. Right now there is a ton of variables not used any-more as he shifted i.e. from an exhibitionism method to a completely different set of stats between 2 minor versions. As of prototypes and beta - thats a long distance usually. I can pump out prototypes daily but to put out even a beta usually takes at least some decent development time and effort. Using an iterative approach in development is also fine - but that is also not the case here if he develops along the line of user requests - thats still lack of concept and design then.

P.S.: Just look at a game like Free Cities and you understand what i mean. Even with major changes in data the core has always worked and is expandable on.

lWFDl

May 8, 2017
I just wish, even with the mods, the grind was so much less. It's incredibly tedious to really get advancement, especially along the sensual massage route. I don't know what kind of torture it would be to play without the mods...I shiver to think of the time lost.
Perhaps 200-400 in game days... I think I would have quite long before day 200

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
As you all probably know even Witcher 3 was cracked after all. I think DS protection is a joke compared to The Witcher 3!
Hmm, AFAIK Witcher 3 was without any copy protection. Witcher 2 initially had one, but it was removed by devs because it caused proven FPS drop.

Reactions: Kaparzo and edp101

Thjis

May 19, 2017
In every ones interest, everyone of you should at least give him five bugs, because he can't make a good game without money!
I would not have a problem with that, but I consider his income to be adequate at this time. If he dropped to making 5k a year or something, I would give him money. I am a former $40 patreon, so I have bought this game completed if you look at it from that mindset.

Each of us has to make those decisions and there is a limit to what I feel is fair market value for his product. Yes I know people can point out that we are playing it for free etc and the ethics and legalities. Most of us are willing to be rather fuzzy on things like MP3 downloads and games. Want to bet that DS has a mp3 player of pirated music? I try to be consistant, which is not always easy.

lWFDl

May 8, 2017
I would not have a problem with that, but I consider his income to be adequate at this time. If he dropped to making 5k a year or something, I would give him money. I am a former $40 patreon, so I have bought this game completed if you look at it from that mindset.

Each of us has to make those decisions and there is a limit to what I feel is fair market value for his product. Yes I know people can point out that we are playing it for free etc and the ethics and legalities. Most of us are willing to be rather fuzzy on things like MP3 downloads and games. Want to bet that DS has a mp3 player of pirated music? I try to be consistant, which is not always easy.
This is totally comprehensible, mate! More then 40$ is insane in total is insane. The only game I pledged more then 40$ is Star Citizen. DS has what over 2300 Patreons? And most of them pledged 10$+. Thats more income then most people have for sure!

lWFDl

May 8, 2017
Hmm, AFAIK Witcher 3 was without any copy protection. Witcher 2 initially had one, but it was removed by devs because it caused proven FPS drop.
But there was one game lately which took several months to crack... But I can't remember. Perhaps it was a joke by some hacker groups.. I don't know!

ThorMcBalbo

May 12, 2017
it's kinda fun to read that people don't want to give money to the developer and yet complain about the game isn't as they want it to be or what DS needs to do. you guyz makes me giggle a lot. thx:closedeyesmile:

do you like my profile pic:tf:

AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017
it's kinda fun to read that people don't want to give money to the developer and yet complain about the game isn't as they want it to be or what DS needs to do. you guyz makes me giggle a lot. thx:closedeyesmile:

do you like my profile pic:tf:
The savagery sent chills down my spine. Even though I'm one of the ones this is directed at, I can't even be mad. x'Dx'D

Reactions: ThorMcBalbo
3.40 star(s) 107 Votes