Fan Art Big City's Pleasures: Art Assets (maybe for Fan Arts ;) )

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Tshaw17

Would you be so kind as to upload your .duf for two characters I think you have nailed. Obviously Ms. Cooper from BCP and Jane from Midnight Paradise. If you want to just PM to me that is fine also.

I have updated my fan art morph file and it now includes Elena from DmD; Joyce, Ruby and Isabel from Midnight Paradise. I also edited all the regions they are in, so they all show up now in /Actor/Full Body/Fan Art/. I also think that one of them is just plain incorrect, Stephania from No More Secrets doesn't appear to be the correct morph, too busy to fix it now.

All the Midnight Paradise characters have been scaled, if you take the default recipes from that thread, Joyce ends up being 6'3" (190 cm) according to Measure Metrics and it makes her physically taller than Isabel from the same game, so they are all tweaked to better match their sizes in-game. All of which are guesses, but Ruby, Joyce and Isabel have been scaled to approximately 5'6", 5'8", 5'10" respectively. You can always just scale them up if you want them their DAZ size.

Reactions: Toranion

Tshaw17

Mar 1, 2020
Tshaw17

Would you be so kind as to upload your .duf for two characters I think you have nailed. Obviously Ms. Cooper from BCP and Jane from Midnight Paradise. If you want to just PM to me that is fine also.

I have updated my fan art morph file and it now includes Elena from DmD; Joyce, Ruby and Isabel from Midnight Paradise. I also edited all the regions they are in, so they all show up now in /Actor/Full Body/Fan Art/. I also think that one of them is just plain incorrect, Stephania from No More Secrets doesn't appear to be the correct morph, too busy to fix it now.

All the Midnight Paradise characters have been scaled, if you take the default recipes from that thread, Joyce ends up being 6'3" (190 cm) according to Measure Metrics and it makes her physically taller than Isabel from the same game, so they are all tweaked to better match their sizes in-game. All of which are guesses, but Ruby, Joyce and Isabel have been scaled to approximately 5'6", 5'8", 5'10" respectively. You can always just scale them up if you want them their DAZ size.
Sure I’ll do it by the end of the day, no pb

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Tshaw17

Do you have plans to do a conversion to G8 base some of DoD characters like Mom, Alice, Aunt and Tracy?

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
AlexStone Yes, if I can get the recipes that are fairly accurate. I am willing to load any DAZ package that is necessary, for example, the best MidPar Joyce I could find used Xavier body, I don't like that particular morph package, but I installed it, made my morph then uninstalled it. Morph works perfectly fine without it. For the G3 to G8 conversions, I basically do the same. Create a combined morph, convert it to G8, modify whatever I need to modify and put it in the correct region. Only use 3 applications for all the morphs, obviously DAZ, and also Hexagon and Notepad++. I started out using this tutorial to learn the basics, . And then streamlined the process by watching a video from ITRoy on youtube.

Reactions: ITRoy

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
AlexStone Yes, if I can get the recipes that are fairly accurate. I am willing to load any DAZ package that is necessary, for example, the best MidPar Joyce I could find used Xavier body, I don't like that particular morph package, but I installed it, made my morph then uninstalled it. Morph works perfectly fine without it. For the G3 to G8 conversions, I basically do the same. Create a combined morph, convert it to G8, modify whatever I need to modify and put it in the correct region. Only use 3 applications for all the morphs, obviously DAZ, and also Hexagon and Notepad++. I started out using this tutorial to learn the basics, . And then streamlined the process by watching a video from ITRoy on youtube.
I'll post my model choices in the DoD thread then, so as not to clutter up this thread.
Basically, the recipes for them are pretty simple, a lot of unnecessary stuff in Tracy's model, as far as I'm concerned, but I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

Tshaw17

Mar 1, 2020
Tshaw17

Here they are^^

Ms Cooper

- BAse model :
- Hair :
(confirmed by the dev some pages back)

Jane

- Base model :
- Hair :

Mmm... I'm not sure about the Paige model, I can't remember if it was really this one.

Reactions: Toranion

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
Tshaw17
I'm no DAZ-maker, only a fan of fan-arts and interessted in it's technic.
Your Gina is great for sure but if I may say: the appearence of the original game Gina is somehow softer (younger). Is this adjustable directly at the model or do you have to morph that?

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Tshaw17
I'm no DAZ-maker, only a fan of fan-arts and interested in it's technic.
Your Gina is great for sure but if I may say: the appearance of the original game Gina is somehow softer (younger). Is this adjustable directly at the model or do you have to morph that?
This is likely a result of the developer using a denoiser to post process an image from DAZ. DAZ can make razor sharp images, but if you are not running very high end hardware, you compromise. Shorter render times for more grainy images, then you run them through another piece of software, the denoiser in this case, and end up with a softer but less grainy image. Not all VN developers use render farms (places with multiple GPUs (using NVLINK) to output the highest quality images, I would say most in this space use single PCs with only one or maybe two GPUs. So to put out 100's of images for an update takes a long time if you are looking for photo-realism, most developers don't have that kind of time.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
This is likely a result of the developer using a denoiser to post process an image from DAZ. DAZ can make razor sharp images, but if you are not running very high end hardware, you compromise. Shorter render times for more grainy images, then you run them through another piece of software, the denoiser in this case, and end up with a softer but less grainy image. Not all VN developers use render farms (places with multiple GPUs (using NVLINK) to output the highest quality images, I would say most in this space use single PCs with only one or maybe two GPUs. So to put out 100's of images for an update takes a long time if you are looking for photo-realism, most developers don't have that kind of time.
Thx but I wasn't talking about the image. Imo the face of Gina seems to be "softer" e.g. the cheekbones.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
AlexStone, I learned something new yesterday, converting an ERC frozen morph from G3 to G8 seems to try to convert the frozen parameters also, but they are not 100% correct. It seems the conversion process does not usually match up with eye and toe placement accurately enough. What I mean by that, the eyes and toes could end up looking like spaghetti if you apply some poses or expressions. Most of the time it is okay and you wouldn't notice, but now I am taking an extra few steps to 'Bake' the ERC corrections (this is a dumb name for what DAZ should really call MELT) then re-adjust the skeleton then refreezing ERC before saving.

I noticed this because I saved a converted frozen morph, then accidentally adjusted the skeleton to match the shape and I physically saw the changes on my screen. I re-saved because I wasn't sure and then when DAZ restarted, I had duplicate formulas found in blahblahblah for every single parameter in my converted morph. DAZ was too stupid to remove the old corrections before adding the new ones, the double corrections caused the duplicate formulas, since DAZ has to load every single G8 morph when you load a G8 character and since it logs all the errors, it about doubled the time a G8 figure loaded on my system.

I know you might not need this info, but I recall you mentioning earlier that you have edited morphs before, so I thought this tidbit might be useful at some point in your DAZ adventures.

Reactions: AlexStone

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Max Headroom It could also be light and shadow. I am pretty sure that other than some breast and glute morphs the characters in BCP are pretty much 'straight out of the box'.

Tshaw17

Mar 1, 2020
Max Headroom, To be honest with you I just followed the first post and used the assets mentioned there for Gina, and since I'm not good at figuring out face morphs, I left her this way^^
m4dsk1llz is right, It also depends a lot on the use of a denoiser or not, and bad lighting and shadows can ruin everything in a scen.

Reactions: Max Headroom

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I reworked my morph of Jessy and this is what I came up with.

Jessy_test.png

As is, the model is 5' 11" according to Measure Metrics, then you put heels on her and she would be over 6' tall, so this morph starts her at 5' 6", and adds about 0.5" of breast circumference. I actually like the model used as a base. Used AlexStone way of doing the freckles, but couldn't figure out how to remove the oily look of her skin texture. This render is just under 2K and took about 2 minutes on a RTX-3090.

Modified morph included in this post.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Ms Cooper as Genesis 8. The original G3 is scaled, if you use the character preset, to the height of 5' 8.3". That sounds about right if she is a bit taller than Gina or Jessy. Converted the morphs from G3 then since they apply to Victoria 7 I had to install . Her pubic hair is not correct as the dev probably used Golden Palace and this version is using the stock G8 genitalia. Also I didn't bother with the tan lines.

MsCooper as g8.png

I will post her morph after I clean it up a bit (maybe tomorrow).

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I cleaned up the morph for Ms.Cooper this morning. Note there is nothing else you need other than the skin texture as well as . You can use any genitalia or nipple morphs you want as well as any pubic hair. In game the eyeglasses she wears is from which is also included in the . Morph also works on Genesis 8.1 Basic Female.

Just a note, the workflow for building these morphs has improved and this was thuroughly tested. There are no issues with elongated fingers or breasts that misshape when posed. You can also apply other morphs on top of this one.

Additional shaping morph suggestions:
Square Nails by FWSA​
Navel​
Mouth Realism HD​
Victoria 8 Body HD Details (optional)​
Victoria 8 Head HD Details (optional)​

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Has anyone here looked for the Charlene character asset?
Also, is it possible to rip the existing in game images? They seem to be stored in a PEA file and UnRen can't seem to extract the images.

Last edited:

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Has anyone here looked for the Charlene character asset?
Also, is it possible to rip the existing in game images? They seem to be stored in a PEA file and UnRen can't seem to extract the images.
It is not PEA archive, it is common .rpa archive. Look at game thread, someone has already made rpatool modification to process this fake PEA files.