Fan Art Big City's Pleasures: Art Assets (maybe for Fan Arts ;) )

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
AlexStone thanks for that. Found the script and it works. I do not follow the thread for this game as I think it is too grindy. I usually only search through threads to see if any information is posted on assets used.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
So now the three characters that we know about have had their morphs redone. I think they better match the game. Here are their heights in imperial measurements, as I am too lazy to convert them to Metric (even though Metric makes so much more sense).

Jess -- 5' 6"
Gina -- 5' 7"
MsCooper -- 5' 8"

If anyone is willing to find the other assets used, I would gladly morph them to G8 / G8.1, if wanted. I believe many of them are just straight up G3 assets with zero morphing.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Maybe someone else can look, I spent all afternoon looking at G3 trying to find the Tony's sister Becky. I was looking at textures only. It is not very easy with this dev as the original renders all seem to have a lot of smoothing.

Becky's head and nose shape remind me a bit of the stuff SABBY puts out (both SASE and FWSA), but I could not find the face skin with the birth mark on her nose. It could also be P3Design. I know it isn't iSourceTextures or TDT or DeviousDolls as their faces tend to be more square or textures with a lot of imperfections.

Any help would be appreciated. It is probably something I looked past several times today, it is just hard to see minor differences when you look at so many faces.

One good thing, she is not DeviousDolls Blaire! :LOL:

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Maybe someone else can look, I spent all afternoon looking at G3 trying to find the Tony's sister Becky. I was looking at textures only. It is not very easy with this dev as the original renders all seem to have a lot of smoothing.

Becky's head and nose shape remind me a bit of the stuff SABBY puts out (both SASE and FWSA), but I could not find the face skin with the birth mark on her nose. It could also be P3Design. I know it isn't iSourceTextures or TDT or DeviousDolls as their faces tend to be more square or textures with a lot of imperfections.

Any help would be appreciated. It is probably something I looked past several times today, it is just hard to see minor differences when you look at so many faces.

One good thing, she is not DeviousDolls Blaire! :LOL:
?

tuesday-hd-for-genesis-3-and-8-female-00-main-daz3d.jpg
Promo render

becky cam_11.jpg
Game render

Textures are taken from , all moles (right beast, spine, neck) visible on game renders are in place:
Kyla TorsoGen 00.jpg

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
AlexStone

I think the hair is AprilYSH , but I am not sure about the skin texture. I think Rarestone must be using a MR for his one G3 character, plus he made Kyla's cheeks rosy and there is no way to turn it off since it is part of the no makeup face texture. The torso skin looks right but the face is way off. Also if the base is from Lyoness maybe it is ??? (<- just a guess)

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
AlexStone

I think the hair is AprilYSH , but I am not sure about the skin texture. I think Rarestone must be using a MR for his one G3 character, plus he made Kyla's cheeks rosy and there is no way to turn it off since it is part of the no makeup face texture. The torso skin looks right but the face is way off. Also if the base is from Lyoness maybe it is ??? (<- just a guess)

No makeup options is 'Kyla Face MU12' and 'Kyla Face MU03', only eyeliner.
Like I said, I was guided by the exact location of the moles and the fact that Becky wears these pajamas, which are part of the same asset:

08-kyla-and-pajamas-for-genesis-3-females-daz3d.jpg

As the author of the game admitted, he changed the shaders and textures of his models, for example by adding Jessy's freckles. So it's probably the same story with Becky about the blush on her cheeks.

Well, is a good guess as to the shape of the meshes, but unlikely as to the textures.

As for the hair I have better substitute (Becky's hair mesh in the game is, frankly, terrible). It is .

Reactions: m4dsk1llz

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I am not sure which one I like better, this is LY Harper on the left and LY Tuesday on the right. Tuesday was size adjusted so that both are the same height. I lowered the Cutout Opacity of the main fabric in the night gown and think that looks better. I also took MU03 and MU00 for Kyla and did some things and stuff in Photoshop to blend them and come up with a better no make-up option.

HarperTuesday.png

Skin still needs a tan, here is a link to the face texture I created,

Also AlexStone that can't be the correct hair asset, and you are right it is terrible to work with. Bangs are too long and the sides don't have enough volume, unless you have some magic settings. I will look a bit more for it later.

Reactions: AlexStone

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I don't like either LY Harper or LY Tuesday as a starting point for Becky, so here is another attempt.

Becky (LY Amorette).png

This one is using the proper hair asset and should also be the correct color. I think this is a bit closer but I might throw on a a tiny bit of youth morph to see how it renders.

Becky 2 (LY Amorette).png

Chin shape is better but I think the lips need a bit of morphing. I also dialed in about 10% Youth.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Because we are not pirates, argh! :LOL:

Also not everything some devs use are available on this site or 3d-load, ps-ds, 3dcu, render-state, shadowcore.ru, etc.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
Because we are not pirates, argh! :LOL:

Also not everything some devs use are available on this site or 3d-load, ps-ds, 3dcu, render-state, shadowcore.ru, etc.
From where do you think are most of the assets in the library? :ROFLMAO:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Here is another test, basically I am going through my whole library of Lyoness characters for Genesis 3. The first is Ashlyn and Katerina. I think Ashlyn is pretty close as a starting point, especially around the chin and mouth area.
Ashlyn not Katerina.png

And here is Ashlyn again with settings halfway between adult and Zevo's Older Teen Preset.
Ashlyn halfway to older youth.png
AlexStone, am I getting closer?
We really need Tshaw17 to get back interested in this game's fan art, I am pretty sure he could figure it out.

I also tried my transparency settings on this skin texture but it doesn't really make much difference as her sub-surface skin just doesn't differ much from the normal tinting. In the game she is definitely tanner than this.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
AlexStone, am I getting closer?
We really need Tshaw17 to get back interested in this game's fan art, I am pretty sure he could figure it out.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, if there is a difference, it's minimal.
Especially since the author of the game has always stressed and prided himself on doing this subtle character tuning, not settling for, ahem, 'girls-from-the-box' (standard characters).
In any case, it is quite difficult to accurately hit the 'thin' morphs of the face and body, on the original renders will always be distortion of the camera, perspective, the play of shadows and light.
I think the approximation is quite decent.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
I said it bc I wonder why everybody links to the originals and not directly to the content of the immense library here.
I link to the original models for a fairly simple reason. And it is not blindly worshipping the copyright.

Usually the original link contains more structured information. For example, what bundles a particular asset is included in, or what other assets are needed to make it work. Sometimes there are links to good chunks of documentation and tutorial videos explaining, for example, how scripts work.

And then it is not hard to find the required asset in the corresponding section of f95, if it is there.
Although, I confess, I even bought something there myself from the DAZ website to make some assets available to everyone.

Tshaw17

Mar 1, 2020
View attachment 1385603
Gina morph redone, will post tomorrow.
Wow just perfect. Great. I'll need a word of advice though. Since I've never created or used custom morphs, could you tell me where to put it in Daz, for it to work properly ?

We really need @Tshaw17 to get back interested in this game's fan art, I am pretty sure he could figure it out.
You give me much credits thanks. I think your last try is the good one for Becky. Just add her eyebrows and to me she's 80-90% correct

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Tshaw17

Oops, I forgot the eyebrows. I keep forgetting that the Rarestone texture has eyebrows separate from the normal texture.

To use your own or other morphs like this, they need to be in the proper data folder. In my case that folder is

data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/M4dSk1llz/Fan Art/

For every install of DAZ the blue text is the default location for Female morphs, if you ever created your own morphs they would end up as /{DAZ User Name}/Product/. I have a subdirectory that I call /Fan Art/ in my particular DAZ install, that is where I put all these morphs.

The directory structure of DAZ puts the morphs in any of these locations depending on series:

data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs
data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs
data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs
data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1/Morphs

Male morphs are of course in the /Male subdirectory. If the morphs are in the correct directory structure, they will automagically load when you double-click the Genesis Base Model or any Character Preset. I hope that was helpful.

As a side note, this is why as your DAZ install collects more morph packages it takes longer and longer to load a character preset. Every single morph for the Genesis series you are loading, must also be loaded. What will make it take even longer is if there are any errors in the morphs loaded, or there are correction morphs loaded for characters not installed. If it has to constantly write to the
log.txt file it can take a character that at first loaded in seconds to a character that takes minutes to load.

Last edited: