0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
It seems that the Mac file cannot run properly! Has anyone had similar problems? How can I solve it? Thanks.
Could you try renaming the directory "BigCitysPleasures-0.4-mac" to "BigCitysPleasures.app"?
Does that solve it?

badbadboy234

Jul 31, 2017
With Cassey i am at 89,5% and quests 17/19 i am taking photos . At her Quest it says to check her messages, but no message on my phone. How do you take photos or something , i am stuck.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
With Cassey i am at 89,5% and quests 17/19 i am taking photos . At her Quest it says to check her messages, but no message on my phone. How do you take photos or something , i am stuck.
It takes a couple of days to get the message:
1627137061081.png

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hmm, I got softlocked on that point, because I tried to kiss Cassie during the "A Very Special Session" event...
"cassie_mg_8" only gets added to the scheduler if the player chooses "Talk" if I understand the code correctly.
You're right. There's an issue there. Thanks.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
You're right. There's an issue there. Thanks.
Oh and before I forget it, if the player does some research for the date with Gina for the 2nd and 3rd time there's a traceback.
The problem is in game/scripts/pis1_hab_tony.rpy line 632. I guess mp3_2 should only be added once...

Reactions: 0x52

Chimichanga_1488

Jul 3, 2021
Can someone help me... I got stuck at 30% in Ms. Cooper's quest... and no matter what I do I cant progress future. Every time I go to her place it says that she is not at home (and I got 40+ sex ex). Does anyone have the same issue?
Thanks in advance
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Fapmaister

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Can someone help me... I got stuck at 30% in Ms. Cooper's quest... and no matter what I do I cant progress future. Every time I go to her place it says that she is not at home (and I got 40+ sex ex). Does anyone have the same issue?
Thanks in advance
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You have to complete other quests first. Then the next Cooper quest will automatically unlock at some point.

mesmer11

Nov 27, 2018
There seems to be an issue with the Mac version on this site. The official release (on Patreon) should work fine.

Mac version doesn't work...tell me I don't have the right to play it....WTF I'm the owner of this Mac.

The issue is the same for the MEGA Mac download link on f95, and the one on Patreon. Both of them download a badly named .rar file, either "BigCitysPleasures-0.4-mac .rar" or "Big_Citys_Pleasures-v0.4-mac .rar" (notice the space at the end of the filenames... I think that might be part of the problem, and why uncompressing them results in a folder instead of an app file.

Here's how to fix the broken Mac version issue:

-Download and uncompress the .rar file, and you'll get a folder.

-Then, rename that folder so that it has ".app" at the end of it (i.e. change "Big_Citys_Pleasures-v0.4-mac" to "Big_Citys_Pleasures-v0.4-mac.app".

-You'll get a pop-up asking if you're sure you want to change the extension from ".4-mac" to ".app" , so click the "Use .app" button and you'll see the folder icon change to the usual RenPy app icon.

-However, if you try to open it, you'll get an error that says "The application 'Big_Citys_Pleasures-0.4-mac' can’t be opened."

-The way to fix that is to use Terminal to make the file executable. You do this with the "chmod -x" command.

-Right-click the app file and select "Get info". At the top of that popup window, you'll see "General" and below that, "Where". Next to "Where", you'll see the filepath for the folder your app is located in.

-Use your mouse to highlight that text, and then Copy it. Open Spotlight using CMD-Spacebar, start typing Terminal in the searchbar, and hit enter when the Terminal app is located.

When you're in Terminal, simply type"cd", add a space after it with your spacebar, then use CMD-V to paste the filename text you copied from Get Info, and hit enter.

Then just type "chmod -x YOURGAME'SFILENAME.app" (i.e. "chmod -x Big_Citys_Pleasures-v0.4-mac.app") without quotes and hit enter, and your game will now load!

Reactions: HughGRection

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Oh and before I forget it, if the player does some research for the date with Gina for the 2nd and 3rd time there's a traceback.
The problem is in game/scripts/pis1_hab_tony.rpy line 632. I guess mp3_2 should only be added once...
Is there a fix for this? I can't progress because of this, even if I ignore the traceback, the next step "It's a date" doesn't unlock.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Is there a fix for this? I can't progress because of this, even if I ignore the traceback, the next step "It's a date" doesn't unlock.
Ignore will work. But before "It's a date" unlocks you need to complete other quests

albul

Jun 8, 2017
Ignore will work. But before "It's a date" unlocks you need to complete other quests
Nothing else triggers after this. The only other one that doesn't have 100% is Ms. Cooper, which is stuck at 61.5%. I tried your suggested fix on a previous page with 'LabelMon.setSeen('file_mp2_4')', but again, nothing new triggered.

3.10 star(s) 93 Votes