3.80 star(s) 45 Votes
Apr 2, 2019
I've heard quite a bit about McAfee products not being that accurate. I had issues with Windows Defender back in the days, falsely flagging files. It would be great if others checked it with different software. I will check it with Windows security's scan as soon as it gets downloaded.
I've also heard those rumors, but I've been trusting them with my stupidly expensive gaming PCs for over twenty years without issue. That, and they give me a 50% discount nowadays, for sticking around. ;)

Aug 3, 2020
I've also heard those rumors, but I've been trusting them with my stupidly expensive gaming PCs for over twenty years without issue. That, and they give me a 50% discount nowadays, for sticking around. ;)
I usually prefer not downloading files that may be harmful. If I do, I have a network isolated virtual machine set up, just in case. It worked so far :D

I also checked the file with windows security, it gave me no warnings.

Joewrath

Aug 4, 2022
Well it's not my file to be honest. I got it from another site and passed it along. But I scanned it twice with 2 different virus scans before uploading it here, and it came back clean both times for me. If you feel unsure about it I'd suggest maybe not downloading it. But for the other people asking, I heard it was just bug fixes, no new content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Church the Cat

D.K

Nov 3, 2017
I feel sorry for you, even Norton has better virus protection than McAfee.

Also, yeah, paying $100 a year for substandard protection must be a real steal.

Apr 2, 2019
I feel sorry for you, even Norton has better virus protection than McAfee.

Also, yeah, paying $100 a year for substandard protection must be a real steal.
There was absolutely no reason for you to make a personal attack on my choice of security software. You attempt to antagonize me? For what purpose? To appear superior? "Clout"? Boredom? I've already played out this scenario in my head, and already know how it ends, through decades of forum experience online. I already know what you want is to have some semblance of victory, and my experience tells me how to counter it, by denying the impending engagement by simply ignoring you.

My original comment was to make this community aware that my security software flagged the file as a threat, not to engage in a verbal "nuh-uh" war with some random stranger online.
(Also, it's $24.99 USD after discount per year, for security that keeps my PC alive, no matter how many questionable websites I venture into.) :)

Anyway, I'm going to get back on topic. I've been able to download all previous versions of Bioasshard since back to the 0.3xx version from years ago, without issue. So, I'll wait until Rev.3 pops up on the main page.

OhneHoffnung

Jan 12, 2018
There was absolutely no reason for you to make a personal attack on my choice of security software. You attempt to antagonize me? For what purpose? To appear superior? "Clout"? Boredom? I've already played out this scenario in my head, and already know how it ends, through decades of forum experience online. I already know what you want is to have some semblance of victory, and my experience tells me how to counter it, by denying the impending engagement by simply ignoring you.

My original comment was to make this community aware that my security software flagged the file as a threat, not to engage in a verbal "nuh-uh" war with some random stranger online.
(Also, it's $24.99 USD after discount per year, for security that keeps my PC alive, no matter how many questionable websites I venture into.) :)

Anyway, I'm going to get back on topic. I've been able to download all previous versions of Bioasshard since back to the 0.3xx version from years ago, without issue. So, I'll wait until Rev.3 pops up on the main page.
Paying for an antivirus alone is already quite the failmove imho. Just be vary on how you tread the web and utilize the built in Win Defender properly and you are golden.

No reason to pay for AdWare like Norton, McAfee, Avira and whatnot.

Apr 2, 2019
Paying for an antivirus alone is already quite the failmove imho. Just be vary on how you tread the web and utilize the built in Win Defender properly and you are golden.

No reason to pay for AdWare like Norton, McAfee, Avira and whatnot.
I visit whatever sites I choose and download any file I choose without worry, McAfee allows me not to have to be careful. Again I will mention there being no reason for attacking me with your "failmove" comment for paying for security software, nothing said to me about it will change my stance. Either heed my warning on the download, or don't. Your choice, but I will not tolerate harassment. Move on and get back on topic, please.

• Haha
Reactions: OhneHoffnung

LazySloth

Sep 15, 2017
Does this game not work with ADM cards?
I keep getting this error: LowlevelFatalError File:Unknown Line:729 Bulkdata compresed error This package may be corrupt!
I've dowloaded this game like 3 times and everytime I try to launch it I get the same exact error.

Last edited:

D.K

Nov 3, 2017

Nah, I just want to call you an idiot, simple as that. I'm pretty sure a wet fart would give you more protection than McAfee.

Also, you know... An adblocker or cookie blocker can simply fix the "venturing into questionable sites" avenue there, but I don't expect someone who trusts their PC's life to an AV that has in the past been proven to be literal garbage.

Last edited:

OhneHoffnung

Jan 12, 2018
I visit whatever sites I choose and download any file I choose without worry, McAfee allows me not to have to be careful. Again I will mention there being no reason for attacking me with your "failmove" comment for paying for security software, nothing said to me about it will change my stance. Either heed my warning on the download, or don't. Your choice, but I will not tolerate harassment. Move on and get back on topic, please.
Man, talk about being deep down the rabbithole of obscurity. And if you feel "harrassed" by people having a different opinion than you, you might wanna get some help on that subject. With that being said, I'll prefer to wait until staff approves stuff and whitelists a download. Safest call to make and totally free of charge too!

Reactions: Jaffarpok316
3.80 star(s) 45 Votes