Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Oh, you definitely can increase STR & SOUL no problem with enough "training." But pretty sure training in the boiler room can give big balls to someone who chose a different perk, so technically it doesn't really matter what perk you choose initially; just how quickly you gain access to the different alternate dialogue options you might prefer to try instead of whatever is your standard response. But since I always choose big balls anyways, can't really test this.
The "huge balls perk" from the start has no relation to the Balls stat, that's outright stated right at the begining of the game, so it's basically the only benefit that can't be replicated in any other way, because it ain't really numerical.

Reactions: F9Zoney

PuddMudd

Oct 10, 2017
If the rng is to much you can cheat it by going to the boardmeetings.rpy open with np++ or other text edditor and find
" if hr_risk >=10 " line there are like 8 or so you can set it higher so you wont get caught

Reactions: F9Zoney

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
The "huge balls perk" from the start has no relation to the Balls stat, that's outright stated right at the begining of the game, so it's basically the only benefit that can't be replicated in any other way, because it ain't really numerical.
Then why do I get extra dialogue options for STR & SOUL once they're high enough (assuming this isn't due to a bug). Yeah, dev literally said:
  • Cyberpunk 2077 inspired Life Path system. (You basically just get to pick 1 of 3 boons and it alters your dialogue and some art.)
But unless someone wants to either play through all 3 routes or at least wade through the code to verify this isn't the case, either I'm getting a bug or it alters dialogue/graphics following the dialogue choice, but not the availability of the dialogue choice itself...

I mean, it's the .21 release, it's prolly a bug.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
If the rng is to much you can cheat it by going to the boardmeetings.rpy open with np++ or other text edditor and find
" if hr_risk >=10 " line there are like 8 or so you can set it higher so you wont get caught
Cool, at least now I know where to maybe start looking to determine what alters the hr.risk stat...

Edit: No, definitely hr_risk, not hr.risk!!

Last edited:

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
this will be finished in 2076 folks
No that's Witch Hunter Trainer! This dev has done roughly the same amount of work in like a quarter of the time compared to those devs (although admittedly, most the backgrounds in this game are kinda generic compared to the completely custom art for that game).

Edit: Actually, I guess I'm technically wrong in that this game has actually existed longer than Witch Hunter Trainer, but at least UnknownError had the good sense to fall off the radar, not to keep making BS nonsense to milk Patreon...

BigCL420

Mar 31, 2021
Is it even possible to not get caught (or at least not yet)? The board meetings are kinda buggy anyways (at least on .2, .21 maybe has fixed this), but I have run through all the board meetings like 3+ times now and the HR dude walks back in EVERY TIME! I mean, if it's not finished yet, cool. But why bother saying if something is "risky" or "extremely risky" without any means of mitigation? I get it, the player's character Max only has a few hidden stats, so I dunno how much "Cool" it takes for Max to maybe remind the stupid HR dude to remember his badge for once... anyhow, if anyone has an explanation for this, that would be cool. I don't really feel like wading through bunch of code regarding this. Or maybe dev just acknowledged this on Patreon or a previous post I missed.

Edit: Finally waded back through most the recent posts, the dev's post explaining the .2 changelog is back on page 17. It does not, however, specify anything regarding being able to do stuff after the boardroom meetings, just that the game now has boardroom meeting and that HR can now track violations (I'm up to 7ish so far, so dunno if this has been implemented further).
So I was wondering too so I dug around the board meeting pry incase it was a true/false situation. I discovered that mood lvl, clothes (bra) and risk lv all have a risk value that results in getting caught or not. it might be entirely possible to change them all to their lowest value but I'm not attempting cause I don't code and can't be bothered replacing the pry.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
So I was wondering too so I dug around the board meeting pry incase it was a true/false situation. I discovered that mood lvl, clothes (bra) and risk lv all have a risk value that results in getting caught or not. it might be entirely possible to change them all to their lowest value but I'm not attempting cause I don't code and can't be bothered replacing the pry.
Yeah, I have post that's like 3 up mentioning that I'll prolly look through BoardMeetings.rpy, it's literally open on Notepad as I'm typing this (hr_risk!), but there is a lot of renpy.random.random code thrown into this interaction, so I'll prolly be very careful if I change anything. Mostly I'm just curious because I also want to know what the point of HR violations are (besides forcing player to basically do a minigame), plus curious what scenes are possible, etc. But definitely some randomness exists...

But FYI best practices for coding demands the first thing any modder should do is make a virgin copy of any file the modder plans to alter, since it is easier to just leave a backup copy on your computer than to have to entirely redownload something (which isn't a big deal here since the game is a piddling 500 MB, but for something that is 10+ GB, definitely becomes an issue).

Edit: Well, it looks like the hr_risk stat is the only real determination of whether you get caught, but can't be sure if the hr_risk stat is only affected by the BoardMeetings.rpy file, or if it is also called in other rpy files as well. But the relevant code (as of .21, this honestly seems like part of a placeholder for a more complicated system to come later) is basically this:

if hr_risk >= 10:
jump caughtby_hr_to

Fiddling around with the code to somewhat reduce hr_risk to stay below 10 means you basically don't get caught (or do what PuddMudd originally suggested like 10 posts up and increase the number to like 20 or 50 or whatever, but that's a less subtle solution). But there's no challenge in that! Hence why I'm assuming this might be developed further at some point.

Last edited:

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Then why do I get extra dialogue options for STR & SOUL once they're high enough (assuming this isn't due to a bug). Yeah, dev literally said:

But unless someone wants to either play through all 3 routes or at least wade through the code to verify this isn't the case, either I'm getting a bug or it alters dialogue/graphics following the dialogue choice, but not the availability of the dialogue choice itself...
Well, I waded through just enough code now to understand that the starting perk just alters dialogue and graphics, but there are still options to increase each stat anyways. It just means that sometimes what would be the normal big balls (once stat is high enough) dialogue is instead custom dialogue no matter what. So if I start with Balls perk/life path but get my STR up enough for it to pop custom dialogue/choices, I will get the normal STR option to show up. But if I started with the STR perk, automatic override of the STR custom option to show instead (or whatever your starting perk was for that dialogue option, if instead SOUL or BALL). Point is that there is a relation, you not only don't have to work on that stat if you take it as a starting perk, but it also gives custom stuff. Just that custom stuff isn't really that game altering (yet!).

4.40 star(s) 19 Votes