Blue Dragon Studios

Developing "Bite: Season One"
Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
The whole "Inner monologue (Blue Dragon)" vs "Developer" and breaking the 4th wall stuff gets obnoxious very quickly and it doesn't seem to stop.

The MC talking to his Inner Beast is alright and the game is pretty cool too, but the 4th wall breaking and the "Developer" talking with your inner beast breaks the continuity quick
Thank you for your feedback.

To be Honest, The 4th wall breaking and the "Developer" thing was decided in the last moment.

I Will Create a poll in this thread about the whole 4th wall breaking and whether it needs to be in the game or no.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

It definitely gets real old real quick.
Sorry for the inconvenience.....

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019

To be Honest, The 4th wall breaking and the "Developer" thing was decided in the last moment.

I Will Create a poll in this thread about the whole 4th wall breaking and whether it needs to be in the game or no.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
In my opinion, you can get away with 1 (one) 4th wall breaking joke very early on in the prologue, but you can't overdo it because you will diminish the continuity of the story, even if you're trying to make a joke.

Mind you, you have a good story in here and some interesting characters (at least in the vampire side, I don't care about Diego lmao) so you can only go up from these criticisms

Last edited:

Blue Dragon Studios

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Agreed. I also didn't find much humor in the story as a whole but it has the humor tag... an occasional 4th wall breach is ok in some cases and even funny sometimes but it's overdone to the point of this coming off as a really cheesy parody maybe that's what the dev is going for but it just makes the story seem like some dumb production like some of the really dumb 90's movies when writers were running out of ideas. The writing is kind of basic and not trying to be rude but it seems like the guys in this one get way too much screen time and the girls are all just here for filler. Remember dev you're making an AVN. Women are supposed to be the focus. Since it's your first release I would consider a rewrite with some smoother and more cohesive dialogue. Immerse your readers into the MC's character and mind set. One last suggestion focus more on male female interactions and less guy guy guy. Not trying to be rude but you have more guys in the story than women so far with a male MC. Your story as a whole for an adult VN should be much more MC and female LI interaction than what is there now. Just some suggestions. Also I would ditch the ally scene where the friend is jerking it and MC right behind him. Hard to believe either of these guys are straight when you render the MC like he's trying to dry hump his friend who is masturbating.
Yeah... umm that was... not good. Sorry, that just wasn't good at all. I had to check the tags again to make sure this didn't have the gay tag, as this seemed very much like a gay game. Your inner beast telling you the best moment was Diego jerking off and you agree? So watching some girl having sex wasn't better than dry-humping your friend while he jerked off? Are you sure this is not a gay VN?

And those inner dialogues were just awful. So much cringe. Especially when the Inner Beast (who is now named Blue Dragon after the dev's studio), is talking to the Dev. 4th wall breaking is just bad. And this was just really awful. The Inner Beast alone is just awful as it is, much more with the 4th wall breaking of it talking to the Dev.

The writing is just so basic and bland. No emotion or anything to get you invested. Was just so boring. Didn't find any humor in any of this. The Inner Beast was just pure annoyance and I couldn't stand it at all. And so many typos and bad grammar. Hoping it's just a translation issue honestly, but the writing is just bad.

Sorry just not for me. Wish you luck, but this needs a lot of work (and reworking). Thanks regardless.

Things considering and definitely reworking:

1.Removing all unwanted and gay scenes.
2.Creating a poll for 4th wall breaking.
3.Adding More female renders than male.
4.Improving writing and storyline depth.
5.Increasing twists and plots.
6.Fixing typos and bad grammar.

All we ask is that you guys give this game a second chance.

Thank you for trying our game.

Blue Dragon Studios

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Nice game with vampires and mind control, hope the MC can control more and more girls. Wouldn't it be nice if the girls has spirals or other signals that can show the girls are being controlled? Stunned looks with some kinds of spirals on the girls will be really hot.
I will for sure consider it.

Blue Dragon Studios

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
The description & screenshots look good but the inner beast & dev dialogue killed this off pretty quickly. Was looking for a good vampire thriller rather than a comedy show that just isn't funny...

View attachment 1791930

Good luck dev but sorry, this one isn't for me.

Yeah as I said earlier, I'm creating a poll for the whole 4th wall breaking thing.
It is a very intriguing Vampire thriller game with a lot of mysteries and twists...but it just got side tracked a bit. (I know it's a lot)

Try to give this game a second chance, as reworking has started.

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Blue Dragon Studios

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
This might not be half bad if it were completely rewritten without the dev breaking the 4th wall all the time. The renders and lighting are actually not bad at all. I've seen bad lighting, washed out renders and blinding spot-light lighting.

I will start with the rewriting and reworking of the game right away.
Also thank you for mentioning about the renders.

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

WatchWaitWhisper

May 13, 2020
Have to say, I appreciate the dev's response to criticism in this thread, especially in the face of a lot of negative feedback. It makes me think that this game has the potential to be rewritten into something great. Hope this game can live up to that, and to its inspiration, Vtmb writing and aesthetic is pretty top tier in terms of inspirations, but also sets a pretty high bar to meet.

Blue Dragon Studios

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
In my opinion, you can get away with 1 (one) 4th wall breaking joke very early on in the prologue, but you can't overdo it because you will diminish the continuity of the story, even if you're trying to make a joke.

Mind you, you have a good story in here and some interesting characters (at least in the vampire side, I don't care about Diego lmao) so you can only go up from these criticisms
Yeah....Sorry I made that mistake.
But strongly considering your suggestions.

Also Diego is a more of story driven character....which will be revealed later.
And Thank you for those criticisms....as I'm sure these criticisms will be an eye opener for me.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017

Things considering and definitely reworking:

1.Removing all unwanted and gay scenes.
2.Creating a poll for 4th wall breaking.
3.Adding More female renders than male.
4.Improving writing and storyline depth.
5.Increasing twists and plots.
6.Fixing typos and bad grammar.

All we ask is that you guys give this game a second chance.

Thank you for trying our game.
The 4th wall breaking, yeah that just needs to go in general. If you want players immersed in your story, it needs to go. Glad the writing and story will get improved, and grammar will be fixed.

Only thing I'll say about the gay stuff, is if you intended to have it in there and the game is indeed intended to have gay choices, then don't remove them. Just tag your game properly and let us know that content is there. There is plenty of games with gay content out there, just make sure you state that content will be in your game if you planned it. And of course, have it optional.

If it wasn't planned, then yeah. It needs some fixing lol. Saying the best part of your night was watching your friend Diego jerk off is pretty gay lol.

But I'm glad to see you responding to feedback over it all. Much respect. Good luck with your game, and I'll definitely give it a second chance on the next update. :)

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i dont care about watching other people bang. i was hoping the voyeurism tag was for watching a girl masturbate or something. i'll admit i almost stopped playing right there during the alley scene. dont care if they were random charcters or not.

as for the mindcontrol spiral effect. i hope its something less cheesy. usually a flash of the eyes turning pink is good enough. but spiral eyes... just sounds weird honestly.

the whole fourth wall break has been addressed so thats good. i dont mind if it happens but maybe only once or twice an update at best.

the game could use a few more choices on how we interact with people but that's just my opinion.

also dream/daydream sex scenes are a waste of renders in my opinion. i would prefer that time be spent on advancing the story.

quick question will the MC be able to go more to the dark side or is he always gonna be how he is?

Blue Dragon Studios

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Have to say, I appreciate the dev's response to criticism in this thread, especially in the face of a lot of negative feedback. It makes me think that this game has the potential to be rewritten into something great. Hope this game can live up to that, and to its inspiration, Vtmb writing and aesthetic is pretty top tier in terms of inspirations, but also sets a pretty high bar to meet.
Thank you for your kind words.
I always believed that criticisms is what makes you more powerful and learn from your mistakes.

It is definitely being rewritten because I truly believe that this game has the potential.

Blue Dragon Studios

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
The 4th wall breaking, yeah that just needs to go in general. If you want players immersed in your story, it needs to go. Glad the writing and story will get improved, and grammar will be fixed.

Only thing I'll say about the gay stuff, is if you intended to have it in there and the game is indeed intended to have gay choices, then don't remove them. Just tag your game properly and let us know that content is there. There is plenty of games with gay content out there, just make sure you state that content will be in your game if you planned it. And of course, have it optional.

If it wasn't planned, then yeah. It needs some fixing lol. Saying the best part of your night was watching your friend Diego jerk off is pretty gay lol.

But I'm glad to see you responding to feedback over it all. Much respect. Good luck with your game, and I'll definitely give it a second chance on the next update. :)
Honestly we didn't plan any gay stuff to happen.....So I will be definitely removing the gay stuff.

Thank you for your honest feedback.

Blue Dragon Studios

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
i dont care about watching other people bang. i was hoping the voyeurism tag was for watching a girl masturbate or something. i'll admit i almost stopped playing right there during the alley scene. dont care if they were random charcters or not.

as for the mindcontrol spiral effect. i hope its something less cheesy. usually a flash of the eyes turning pink is good enough. but spiral eyes... just sounds weird honestly.

the whole fourth wall break has been addressed so thats good. i dont mind if it happens but maybe only once or twice an update at best.

the game could use a few more choices on how we interact with people but that's just my opinion.

also dream/daydream sex scenes are a waste of renders in my opinion. i would prefer that time be spent on advancing the story.

quick question will the MC be able to go more to the dark side or is he always gonna be how he is?

About the question you just asked:
Yes, the mc will go a little bit towards the dark side.
But when he realizes he will try to comeback.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Mine was meant to be constructive. Overall I think the story has potential just needs a little work and some effort in the presentation. I do commend the dev for reading the thread and considering the feedback given. It shows a lot of effort on their part.

2.50 star(s) 30 Votes