Ren'Py Abandoned Black Rabbit Trainer [v0.4.0] [Jellyfluff Games]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
So, Jellyfluff is somehow completely sure that rabbits are really good in combat. WTF :D

Rtay

Apr 5, 2020
Allow me to ask just out of curiosity, if you have all status maximized, will the events play in a chain of events day after day, or would be considerated already seen? in worst case will cause a system error?

(I apologize for any grammar mistakes.)

Jellyfluff

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2022
what is this rendered in?
Koikatsu. Sadly I never passed art school so cannot hand draw.

Allow me to ask just out of curiosity, if you have all status maximized, will the events play in a chain of events day after day, or would be considerated already seen? in worst case will cause a system error?

(I apologize for any grammar mistakes.)
From a coding point of view it checks the requirements for every event one by one in a specific order (story events followed by h-scene events in tier order). Then it flags whether any event has occurred for the day in which case it will stop checking.

This means that there will only be a single event every day but it also means that nothing will get skipped if you suddenly gain a lot of stats in one day. Say for example you don't spend any stat points and then do all at once it will play each h-scene one day after another. However if you were to somehow cheat and give yourself full affection/emotions it would play all the story events each day until they run out and then start the h-scenes. This may make some of the story make less sense as typically it would be impossible for this to occur naturally.

So in summary assuming my coding is correct it should be impossible to miss any scenes.

Jellyfluff

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2022
I have updated the thread with links to version 0.1.7. Changes in this version include:
  • New trainable character - Alisa Reinford
  • Two new h-scenes
  • Five new story event
  • Large overhaul of game play
  • Branching story
Depending on your progress you may have to start a new game as some variables have changed and may not be compatible with older versions. However I have included a patch file with this post which can be copied to the game folder which will enable travel if you wish to continue your existing save.

The main feature is the introduction of a brand new trainable character - Alisa Reinford. Train her in the same way you trained Altina and hopefully reap the benefits.

To facilitate additional characters a number of changes were made to the base game play. This version now includes a travel system which replaces the Upgrades and Go Out buttons. This will allow you to travel to different locations to engage in the various features located there. It is also the method with which you travel between the girls.

During the event where you obtain Alisa you are given an option between two different paths. The events and h-scenes you see will depend on which path you have chosen. This means that each of the five story events and two h-scenes actually have two different iterations so you would need two playthroughs to see both.

Rtay

Apr 5, 2020
I have updated the thread with links to version 0.1.7. Changes in this version include:
  • New trainable character - Alisa Reinford
  • Two new h-scenes
  • Five new story event
  • Large overhaul of game play
  • Branching story
Depending on your progress you may have to start a new game as some variables have changed and may not be compatible with older versions. However I have included a patch file with this post which can be copied to the game folder which will enable travel if you wish to continue your existing save.

The main feature is the introduction of a brand new trainable character - Alisa Reinford. Train her in the same way you trained Altina and hopefully reap the benefits.

To facilitate additional characters a number of changes were made to the base game play. This version now includes a travel system which replaces the Upgrades and Go Out buttons. This will allow you to travel to different locations to engage in the various features located there. It is also the method with which you travel between the girls.

During the event where you obtain Alisa you are given an option between two different paths. The events and h-scenes you see will depend on which path you have chosen. This means that each of the five story events and two h-scenes actually have two different iterations so you would need two playthroughs to see both.
That's what I feared, I maxed out everything to lose everything in the next update.

With luck the system reads the save and runs without errors.

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
I've loaded a 1.5 save in the 1.7 versions. The "Go Out" and "Upgrades" buttons are no longer available and I can't seem to trigger any new content.

Jellyfluff

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2022
I've loaded a 1.5 save in the 1.7 versions. The "Go Out" and "Upgrades" buttons are no longer available and I can't seem to trigger any new content.
Please download and copy the patch file in my above post to the game folder and then restart the game. Alternatively you may have to start your play through over.

Jelly, error in status table.

View attachment 1667547
Thank you. I have found and identified the bug that caused this. It is looking at the wrong variable (Specifically it is looking at Altina's). I will fix the bug. In the meantime a workaround may be to reset Altina's skills so they are below 100 and then you will be able to level up Alisa properly.

Reactions: Rtay and spam753

Azurlios

Sep 6, 2020
How do I download the patch? Clicking it just loads a new tab with

init 2:
$ travel_unlocked = True

and doesn't download it.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Game is pretty grindy. Now that another girl was added, with 2 paths for that girl, it effectively became 3x as grindy as it was before.

Rtay

Apr 5, 2020
Allow me to help you, if you want to grind I recommend training Altina in Hacking, in the first fatigue event she presents if you just did non-stop missions, you will have enough money to buy the first upgrade.
I recommend taking the quest money boost buff, and keep hacking until you get 5000 and up (first experience buff will cost between 1000~1500, and second experience buff will cost 3500) with both experience buffs and with hacking status at 100, you can get levels and money without worries, and then you can focus on the development of the story, of course always with the skip option activated.

(It's worth mentioning that this is what I always do when an update doesn't load my game file correctly, it usually takes around 15~30 minutes for me to get to the added content.)

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Allow me to help you, if you want to grind I recommend training Altina in Hacking, in the first fatigue event she presents if you just did non-stop missions, you will have enough money to buy the first upgrade.
I recommend taking the quest money boost buff, and keep hacking until you get 5000 and up (first experience buff will cost between 1000~1500, and second experience buff will cost 3500) with both experience buffs and with hacking status at 100, you can get levels and money without worries, and then you can focus on the development of the story, of course always with the skip option activated.

(It's worth mentioning that this is what I always do when an update doesn't load my game file correctly, it usually takes around 15~30 minutes for me to get to the added content.)
Thank you, although I already figured out how to grind optimally. And already have all the upgrades.
While ctrl button vastly reduces the time it takes, you still need many mouse clicks to grind.
And I had already grinded the 1st girl a lot, I expected that would last me a while.
Instead the new version introduced a brand new girl to grind again from the begining. With 2 routes so I need to grind her twice, once for each route.
Also it is not just training. You also need to grind her affection via headpats

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes