Anonym321

Aug 17, 2020
hi i just start this "game" i don't get it so we have to grind till we can pass the boss after every fog that's it?

no story? or it's after? (i just enter in a house hanzel & gretell, and an other wolf in the other side of the map) could'nt kill them of course since i just started but if it is the game it's not for me.
no, you don`t have to grind but it`s advisable to lvl up from time to time

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
hi i just start this "game" i don't get it so we have to grind till we can pass the boss after every fog that's it?

no story? or it's after? (i just enter in a house hanzel & gretell, and an other wolf in the other side of the map) could'nt kill them of course since i just started but if it is the game it's not for me.
There isn't 'no story' blacksouls just really sucks at presentation
You can pick up a few pieces from character interactions and the few npc dialogues, and there's some subtle foreshadowings for who the mastermind is

The game does require some effort, as it's sometimes unfair, and it isnt a tactical rpg either so sometimes you're just meant to lose unless you grind

You should go to other areas you havent yet, you can go both ssouth and east from the point which you're playing, for south you need to unlock the doors with a master key, idk if the prayer master sells them yet, in any case you could try going right fromholy forest and triggering thebonfires there while killing some stuff along the way
Levelling up isnt a viable long term strategy, it gives far to little and there's a maximum limit, you'll get an npc that sells colored souls soon

If you want to mitigate thiss you can go bumrush to an area called wonderland where you have enemies that give a very good amount of souls and they're fairly weak, and grinding there

Apr 16, 2024
I think that's just a glitch, just there to mess with you or you're being watched again...
Since I finished the game, I already know the answer.
I'll hide spoilers, in case someone didn't finish the game.

Scarecrows, rafflesias, stuffed toys, statues and even eye that changes color at the battle screen. Everything is watching you. And some girl that looks like Alice too.

But I don't know what is that thing I can't pick up... that's the hardest secret.
Maybe there is overpowered weapon? Or a treasure?

Reactions: PURERIME

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Since I finished the game, I already know the answer.
I'll hide spoilers, in case someone didn't finish the game.

Scarecrows, rafflesias, stuffed toys, statues and even eye that changes color at the battle screen. Everything is watching you. And some girl that looks like Alice too.

But I don't know what is that thing I can't pick up... that's the hardest secret.
Maybe there is overpowered weapon? Or a treasure?
Sorry (not sorry) to spoil your fun again.
The battle background changes color because it's just the current screen spun around. The scarecrows, rafflesias (of which there are a grand total of 3, 2 in the forest of abandoned and one outside the library. Wow so unnatural), stuffed toys, and statues are not watching you.
The item in the tunnel is a bug. I don't know where you got your version but that item isn't there on mine or the one from here. It's been spotted and investigated before.

Reactions: Evil Philosopher
Apr 16, 2024
The battle background changes color because it's just the current screen spun around.
I feel stupid. I really was weirded out when I saw red and yellow dots in the center. You are correct.

The scarecrows, rafflesias (of which there are a grand total of 3, 2 in the forest of abandoned and one outside the library. Wow so unnatural), stuffed toys, and statues are not watching you.
There is also at least one rafflesia in the skeleton maze. Don't remember if there are more, but since rafflesia (BS1) and scarecrow (BS2) can talk, I think they also could watch Grimm. About statue, you know whom it represents and what it can do. What is your deal?

The item in the tunnel is a bug. I don't know where you got your version but that item isn't there on mine or the one from here. It's been spotted and investigated before.
I use a version from this site. Behind the wall is a candy.

Sakuyao

Jul 22, 2021
I can't sprint in the game.

I saw some gameplays of the game already, and the character moves really fast, I assume you use SHIFT for it, but when I press it, nothing happens.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I can't sprint in the game.

I saw some gameplays of the game already, and the character moves really fast, I assume you use SHIFT for it, but when I press it, nothing happens.
Yeah, hold shift to run. If it's actually not increasing your movement speed at all then press F1 and go to the keyboard tab and make sure the dropdown list for shift is assigned to A.
In 1, sprinting is about twice the speed of walking. The only really fast movement in 1 is using the fuzzy in the desert which is extremely fast. In 2, you can get a skill that makes running extremely fast as well which is what you might have seen.

Reactions: Sakuyao

Victor Kun

Oct 21, 2021
Someone can tell me, why when i try open it it says missing Graphics/Titles2/Mist? and the same thing happens with Black Souls 2 but with a SE and a Tileset

Last edited:

Sakuyao

Jul 22, 2021
Yeah, hold shift to run. If it's actually not increasing your movement speed at all then press F1 and go to the keyboard tab and make sure the dropdown list for shift is assigned to A.
In 1, sprinting is about twice the speed of walking. The only really fast movement in 1 is using the fuzzy in the desert which is extremely fast. In 2, you can get a skill that makes running extremely fast as well which is what you might have seen.
It worked, it was exactly this problem, shift had nothing assigned to it, changed it to A and boom, fast MC.

Thanks.

4.70 star(s) 71 Votes