Others Blackhope [2024-07-10] [Blackcap]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

IsThisKino

Feb 18, 2018
I scanned it and got no hits, WinDef is just pinging off the lack of certificate. Pretty common for first time devs and not a big issue if you have at least barebones tech literacy

IsThisKino

Feb 18, 2018
It's just generally good practice to scan anything you dl before running it.

That little thing aside, I'm excited to see what direction you go in with this. The idea that it conjured after playing was that this could absolutely end up becoming a freaky version of SAS zombie assault. Whichever way you take it, I'm interested

BlackCap

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2019
Unique art style, horror, monsters, and a promising prototype? This could be a fucking gem.

3 suggestions though.
1. Add a difficulty that has the game just continue as if nothing happened after defeat, or make sex a grapple. Sex on defeat is a bad mechanic.
2. Full screen support, but that's an obvious one.
3. Probably another obvious one, but varied enemy types. The more monsters and animations, the better.
Thanks !
I do have the whole game pretty much planned out already with more monsters (and scenes). Also, not every animations will be on defeat but I like the idea where the player can keep on playing.

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
You forgot to mention the controls of the game, although it doesn't have window mode and full screen mode and what is the purpose of this game?

BR.2to5

Jul 13, 2024
I put this thing through two scanners and they say this game has potential malware, Windows Security doesn't say anything though. I would like some extra confirmation from someone else.

BlackCap

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2019
You forgot to mention the controls of the game, although it doesn't have window mode and full screen mode and what is the purpose of this game?
It is just a prototype right now so the purpose is to show the idea of the game. But you are right I should put down the controls somewhere.

- WASD to move
- R to reload
- Right click to aim (or Q to toggle)
- Left click to shoot

BlackCap

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2019
About the antiviruses, I will look into it.

I am using raylib to make my game and right now the assets are embedded in the binary.
I have considered making the source code available to anyone as the game will always stay free. But I haven't fully decided how to handle this.

EDIT:
On itch.io, I didn't received this kind of feedback concerning antiviruses. Does your antivirus tell you the samething if you download the game from there ?

Last edited:

Zanurah

Jul 10, 2022
Definitely needs a full screen option. Otherwise, there's potential here! I appreciate the aesthetic.

Since this is merely a proof of concept for now, what do you hope to achieve down the road? Will there always be unlimited ammo or will you do away with that and make it more like a survival? What other monsters are you looking to implement?

Will enemies still spawn randomly or will you be able to clear areas? Perhaps introduce stealth gameplay, take down enemies on the map without using guns, (the alternative being melee instruments, etc), so as to not cause additional spawns?

Reactions: kunkunman3000

BlackCap

Game Developer
Jan 16, 2019
Definitely needs a full screen option. Otherwise, there's potential here! I appreciate the aesthetic.

Since this is merely a proof of concept for now, what do you hope to achieve down the road? Will there always be unlimited ammo or will you do away with that and make it more like a survival? What other monsters are you looking to implement?

Will enemies still spawn randomly or will you be able to clear areas? Perhaps introduce stealth gameplay, take down enemies on the map without using guns, (the alternative being melee instruments, etc), so as to not cause additional spawns?
I am mainly taking inspiration from helldivers (the first one) so there will multiple types of weapons with a limited number of magazines. I don't think I will add melee. The main game will be a mix between clearing areas and holding zones against a horde of monsters. There will probably be and enless mode too like call of duty zombie mode. As for the type of monsters, it will be a surprise but I have a few in mind.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
View attachment 3826469
packed custom exe with sus behavior. looks like blackhatcap might be establishing detection baseline to drop something in later update
What does this mean? Also, don't uploaders here check through files before they post the links?

Thanks !
I do have the whole game pretty much planned out already with more monsters (and scenes). Also, not every animations will be on defeat but I like the idea where the player can keep on playing.
That's good to know. Repeatable scenes with monsters or at least scenes where they don't lead to a game over are always good.

How often are you planning on making updates btw? And also, is the demo a good indication of what the rest of the game will be? Or are there other mechanics planned as well?

Reactions: Eudaldigo
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes