VN Ren'Py Blacksite 232 [v0.01] [Reaper Entertainment]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

reaperentertainment

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
Ok so I have played a grand total of 5 minutes of this game and I will say right now this is very crude.

I can fully understand not doing proper animations as that is a whole another level of work but doing like 4 FPS animations instead of just showing a still of the next keyframe only makes this game look worse.

You can see this from the moment you see the main menu with the space station spinning in again about 4 frames a second.

The part that set me off the most to write this is the single frame that you use an entire rifle cartridge as your "bullet". Made worse by the fact its fired out of a handgun. It shows that you just don't have or care to have the level of detail needed to depict your story.
Instead of showing the rifle cartridge impacting you could have one frame showing a muzzle flash from the MC and the next frame showing the impact with sparks, blood, lightening, etc... without needing to show the physical projectile.

I really think you need to go back to the drawing board and rethink this because there is nothing here that I don't see that wouldn't turn away potential supporters. The joke about the bought assets while accurate doesn't do you any favors given the work that we see said bought assets being put to use show.
Once i get a pc that can actually handle everything I want to do for the game and I can hire the proper people. absolutely everything you mention will get fixed until then we will have to suffer together :).

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
I'm a simple man--I see a futuristic girl with a balcony you could perform Shakespeare off of and I...

I'm sorry, I was distracted. BOSOM.

• Haha
Reactions: reaperentertainment

reaperentertainment

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
I already know my skills aren't the best therefore. i leave the following message.
I'm looking to build a team to help me do better content. I can't promise payment at the moment so at this time it would be a on a volunteer basis.
I'm looking for a renpy coder and animator. I know some people do these things as hobbies. If anyone is interested please message me. Once a cash flow comes in i will be more than willing to talk about payment for the help.

Hybris

May 9, 2017
Once i get a pc that can actually handle everything I want to do for the game and I can hire the proper people. absolutely everything you mention will get fixed until then we will have to suffer together :).
I can understand the position you are in and that is why I suggested things like just showing the keyframes but looking at this from the point of view as a prospective supporter the game in it's current form looks so crude that there are other far better looking projects to give my money towards.

The market is saturated with developers of all skills levels and ideas so unless you manages to draw enough people willing to see and invest on your promise that you will one day hire an animator and get better equipment I don't think you are going to get far.

The alternative is to cut back your ideas down to a level that you and your equipment can handle and make a smaller but higher quality product that will help convince people that out of all the adult game devs out here you are worth backing.

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Hey we have Captain obv. here. Clearly you didn't see the bright yellow notice. on that note. Your mother used to call you special didn't she??
View attachment 4010912
Yeah, a better critique would be that so many of the preview pics are basically the same or look to be from the same scene.
...Actually, just checking because I didn't want to say "#1 and #3 look the same" and people being confused because maybe there was a 3.png that wasn't the third pic, #1 and #3 are literally THE SAME PICTURE. Like, same file name. And the second pic is literally the same pic as the first pic of the second row.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Hey we have Captain obv. here. Clearly you didn't see the bright yellow notice. on that note. Your mother used to call you special didn't she??
View attachment 4010912
nope I missed it captain a-hole. Clearly your mom didn't raise you right as all you had to do is say that without the extra crap. See I search by tags and one that I exclude is NO SEXUAL CONTENT so because this game was brought up because of INCORRECT tags I just naturally assumed that it would have SEXUAL CONTENT.

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
Blacksite232-0.01
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

reaperentertainment

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2021
nope I missed it captain a-hole. Clearly your mom didn't raise you right as all you had to do is say that without the extra crap. See I search by tags and one that I exclude is NO SEXUAL CONTENT so because this game was brought up because of INCORRECT tags I just naturally assumed that it would have SEXUAL CONTENT.
Hello, I'm sorry for not putting the no sex tag on my apologies.

Reactions: TheUberstuff

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
1725809932812.png :unsure:
I don't know much about code, but shouldn't the highlighted files be in the "game folder"?
The game had potential.

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
View attachment 4013222 :unsure:
I don't know much about code, but shouldn't the highlighted files be in the "game folder"?
The game had potential.
From the sound of it. the dev is still new to all of this. So my guess would be is seeing how it renpy. they probably let the renpy launcher do whatever when making the zip folder. I've seen it happened to some of the games I've played.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes