3D-Blender Blender Art - Show Us Your Blender Skill

jackmancactus

Apr 8, 2018
Finally took the time to export one of my OC's to Blender, this is just a test render.

I just noticed the teeth look a bit weird, it seems the subdivision modifier has rounded them out, I guess the best way to fix that would be to make her teeth a separate object?
I just tried that and it seems like it worked.

Reactions: Greengiant3D

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Finally took the time to export one of my OC's to Blender, this is just a test render.

I just noticed the teeth look a bit weird, it seems the subdivision modifier has rounded them out, I guess the best way to fix that would be to make her teeth a separate object?

View attachment 3113166
I think the subd modifier should be fine actually? Have you tried toggling the modifier on and off and seeing the results? I had a similar weird teeth situation (strange gaps between teeth and overly rounded teeth). Thought it was a subdivision surface modifier issue at first, but it only happened to one of my characters. Turned out there was an HD head morph/mouth realism morph applied in Daz that was the actual issue. If you can find that and turn it down/off it might help.

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
I think the subd modifier should be fine actually? Have you tried toggling the modifier on and off and seeing the results? I had a similar weird teeth situation (strange gaps between teeth and overly rounded teeth). Thought it was a subdivision surface modifier issue at first, but it only happened to one of my characters. Turned out there was an HD head morph/mouth realism morph applied in Daz that was the actual issue. If you can find that and turn it down/off it might help.
Yeah, I tested it out and it is definitely the subdivision mod, as to why it's doing that I'm not sure, I exported at base res using diffeomorphic with all hd morphs turned off, It's possible I could of made a mistake though, it is my first time using diffeomorphic. I will check that out though because it's certainly possible.

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Yeah, I tested it out and it is definitely the subdivision mod, as to why it's doing that I'm not sure, I exported at base res using diffeomorphic with all hd morphs turned off, It's possible I could of made a mistake though, it is my first time using diffeomorphic. I will check that out though because it's certainly possible.
Gotcha. That does sound weird then. Just from what I've seen the subd mod should be applied across the whole mesh of the character, not just the teeth. Did you notice any weird smoothing of the nose or ears too? You could also quickly import a base G8F and compare the teeth of the two. Do you mind sharing the blend file?

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
Gotcha. That does sound weird then. Just from what I've seen the subd mod should be applied across the whole mesh of the character, not just the teeth. Did you notice any weird smoothing of the nose or ears too? You could also quickly import a base G8F and compare the teeth of the two. Do you mind sharing the blend file?
I've not really had a proper look yet, I spent most of the time messing with the skin that I didn't really spend much time on anything else, I will DM you the file once it has uploaded, just waiting

Reactions: 0ier 3D