Blender Cycle vs Daz iRay

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
The Previous image was Cycles, here is EEVEE
For Show EEVEE.png
only took 30 seconds, a quarter of the previous time (look at the image, and look at the top left, it tells you the render time)

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
It all comes down to allocation of resources, a simple decision: do you want it to be easier for you or your computer?
I often find a compromise that's a mix of the two.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Are you talking about the difference between the two images? As far as I know EEVEE high speed render is like a video game engine, which is faster but takes short cuts, such as not fully simulating light and shadows, hence I guess something that looks a bit more cartoonish, if that is what you are saying.
I do plan to make a toonish game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Eevee nor Cycles - or any PBR at this point - not gonna do you any favor in term of rendering. I know I break my teeths with Vray. Iray hate is just plain stupid from what it can pull. Just full stupid (fight me bro).

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
maybe its late in the night, I am not sure what it is you are trying to say, why do i want to fight you?

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
I think we should stop comparing apples to oranges. different engines, different process, different render times and different result.
When the result is not the same, there's no point comparing them.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

badsantagirl

Apr 22, 2018
If you are in Blender than why not use Prorender? It supports 4 rendering mode. Full Path Tracing like Cycles, and rasterization like EEVEE. But it allows to combine these with two hybrid mode, and both are very fast.

This is a full path traced render:

It takes time like Cycles, but path tracing is expensive.

This is a hybrid baised photorealism render:

Almost as fast as EEVEE, but for the critical parts it use path tracing to achive the best result.

The hybrid mode combined with Intel Open Denoiser (integrated to Blender) is extremely powerful, and much faster than anything on the market.

vnAdult

Dec 11, 2018
Are you talking about the difference between the two images? As far as I know EEVEE high speed render is like a video game engine, which is faster but takes short cuts, such as not fully simulating light and shadows, hence I guess something that looks a bit more cartoonish, if that is what you are saying.
I do plan to make a toonish game
Just curious: did you model this?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
If you are in Blender than why not use Prorender? It supports 4 rendering mode. Full Path Tracing like Cycles, and rasterization like EEVEE. But it allows to combine these with two hybrid mode, and both are very fast.

This is a full path traced render:

It takes time like Cycles, but path tracing is expensive.

This is a hybrid baised photorealism render:

Almost as fast as EEVEE, but for the critical parts it use path tracing to achive the best result.

The hybrid mode combined with Intel Open Denoiser (integrated to Blender) is extremely powerful, and much faster than anything on the market.
Thats pretty good looking, I'll check it out, thanks for sharing. Do you know if it also suports branch path tracing like cycles? Branch path tracing takes a lot longer, but has even better quality, and better control over optimization, but damn does it make glass and transparent things look good. I was thinking of buying special glass shaders but then I found the branch path tracing and that fixed my glass shader issues.

Just curious: did you model this?
yeet!
Just some unity store assets and a lattice to deform the world so that it has that skewed orthogonal perspective you saw.
also the character is not affected by the same distortion effect, so you see them floating off in front at a weird angle because they are trying to look normal to the camera. Things look different if I draw only outlines to make a 2D image for the final render, I am considering making a 2D game that uses 3D models (hence the toonish style models) but I'm still exploring how to do so fast with minimal effort.

Eroseason

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2019
if you want save time use blender.
it does take first few month to get used to it but for me it was worth it.

i use blender for all my game.
render time per image at 1920*1080 , 15 to 20 second ,gpu nvdia gtx 950m 4gb

Last edited:

Eroseason

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2019
What hardware do you use? I use a 1080Ti, and it still takes a good amount of time to load just the textures to my video card.
nvdia gtx 950m 4gb

downsize your texture to 2048 , 1024 for background stuff
render environment separately

for first render it can go 45 to 50 second
but after that 10 to 15 second max

for render sample i use 36
there is not much difference between 64 and 36 sample

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa Ernie and Cul

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
wow good render time,

are these models from daz?
I export genesis 8 from daz to belnder and then, skin maeterials are shitty,
for some reason if you import as fbx, the metal setting is turn all the way on. if you are using diffeomorphic, for some reason it passes the texture through a color multiplier, but it uses the color multiplier wrong, so you usually want to connect the texture directly to the shader (in the shader node viewer)