meleaguance

Mar 2, 2021
Go ahead and exhaust all dialog options first. If that doesn't get you through then let me see your save.
I think maybe somehow I skipped over the trigger because when I talk to Mara she replies in a way that makes it sound as though Ann is already babysitting. But it's okay I'm probably done with the game. I think you've done a great job. I like roleplaying as a vampire and I like the puzzle elements, but as a gay guy there's only so much enjoyment I can get out of the game.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
I think maybe somehow I skipped over the trigger because when I talk to Mara she replies in a way that makes it sound as though Ann is already babysitting. But it's okay I'm probably done with the game. I think you've done a great job. I like roleplaying as a vampire and I like the puzzle elements, but as a gay guy there's only so much enjoyment I can get out of the game.
Wait wait I need to know if it's broken. Is it broken? Could you please upload your save for me?

zed127

Jul 12, 2017
I have to say the game is great so far, but I worry than the developer is writing the story without an end in mind. Like Michelle is still not returned to you, and now Mara has some new conflict to deal with. This might go the way of Kingdom of Deception and Taffy Tales, where the breadth of the game is constantly expanded at the expense of finishing the main story.

The side quests are good and worth doing but I hope we will get to resolve some questions in Chapter 5, like the preacher and Michelle, the origin of the coin, the pact with the demon, Blaze and Mara.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
I have to say the game is great so far, but I worry than the developer is writing the story without an end in mind. Like Michelle is still not returned to you, and now Mara has some new conflict to deal with. This might go the way of Kingdom of Deception and Taffy Tales, where the breadth of the game is constantly expanded at the expense of finishing the main story.

The side quests are good and worth doing but I hope we will get to resolve some questions in Chapter 5, like the preacher and Michelle, the origin of the coin, the pact with the demon, Blaze and Mara.

hi thanks for your comments. you're somewhat correct in that there is no exact ending in mind. been there, done that. spent years working on a project with an exact ending, and in the end, all those years and effort went in the garbage. I will never do that again.

that doesn't mean i have NOTHING in mind. I have a lot in mind. the story is divided into ACTS in my head, where I hope to end the first act with Chapter 5. If I get to make more acts, they will jump forward in time so the sstory can be dynamic and we can explore a lot of different things.

that said, I will be indeed be focusing on polishing and expanding what's already here over the next year. i have to generate value for the people who pay me, and the main story and gameplay take a long time to do. Chapter 4 took over a year. that was with me devoted entirely to making it, eschewing polish and optimization and side quests.

it's gonna have to be some mix of time and effort in both directions.

Reactions: zed127

Malata

Apr 13, 2018
I created it on 07.03.22, beginning with the first release I think. For some reason it seems to be a lot behind my last progress, because dialogues makes no sense and the quest log is far behind my actual starte. It constantly crashes when I pick "pretty girls" dialoge in the park, but the most annoying is that it crashes when I want to visit the redhead after the police woman appears the first time.

Last edited:

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
I created it on 07.03.22, for some reason it seems to be a lot behind my last progress. Dialoges makes no sense. It constantly crashes when I pick "pretty girls" Dialoge in the park, but the most annoying is that it crashes when I want to visit the redhead after the police woman appears the first time.
Last year? You need to start over

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
I created it on 07.03.22, beginning with the first release I think. For some reason it seems to be a lot behind my last progress, because dialogues makes no sense and the quest log is far behind my actual starte. It constantly crashes when I pick "pretty girls" dialoge in the park, but the most annoying is that it crashes when I want to visit the redhead after the police woman appears the first time.
Based on this it sounds like you started over already but are still having problems. Unless you started from a very early Chapter 1 save. Can you explain?

coijga

Mar 29, 2020
There is an issue with saving on Mac.

I was able to get it to save by running the following command through Terminal in the ~Applications folder:

Code:
chmod -R 777 Bloodshift.app
Prior to doing that, I had given it "full disk access" through "security" settings in the Mac System Settings App, but that didn't fix it. It was the terminal command that made it finally work.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
There is an issue with saving on Mac.

I was able to get it to save by running the following command through Terminal in the ~Applications folder:

Code:
chmod -R 777 Bloodshift.app
Prior to doing that, I had given it "full disk access" through "security" settings in the Mac System Settings App, but that didn't fix it. It was the terminal command that made it finally work.
Thank you very much! Now I can update the mac version!

Z - Reborn

totally not zazzaro
Mar 19, 2020
Found a bug where when you click on "Alright, let's hit it." with Blaze in chapter 2 the screen fails to change location and I'm stuck. It's fixed by changing resolution to 1080p, though it's not very consistent.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
Found a bug where when you click on "Alright, let's hit it." with Blaze in chapter 2 the screen fails to change location and I'm stuck. It's fixed by changing resolution to 1080p, though it's not very consistent.
hi, thank you for this. this is a mechanical bug i have been trying to fix for a long time. it's hard precisely because it's inconsistent but i actually think i may have finally figured it out. i'll let you know.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
v3.99 out now. see OP
- boot/load time improved by 2-3x
- file size reduced by 4x
- smoother gameplay
- lots of bug fixes
- end screen added

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes