amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
v3.986, see OP
  • BUG FIXES
    • Player can now collect Calladium normally.
    • Pre-activated Chapter 4 gunmen removed.
    • Mission update box should be consistent in all resolutions.
    • Should no longer be possible to reach the booksearches before they are necessary

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
I've been getting a pretty consistent bug where whenever I try to leave the university for downtown, screen goes black, hud is still on the screen but slightly dimmer and clicking the status or checklist icons no longer does anything.

I've been getting around it by always waiting to go to the university till I've done everything else I wanted to do in a given night, then just wander around the university after I'm done there till I hit the end of my time limit and it just auto-transports me back to the warehouse.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
I've been getting a pretty consistent bug where whenever I try to leave the university for downtown, screen goes black, hud is still on the screen but slightly dimmer and clicking the status or checklist icons no longer does anything.

I've been getting around it by always waiting to go to the university till I've done everything else I wanted to do in a given night, then just wander around the university after I'm done there till I hit the end of my time limit and it just auto-transports me back to the warehouse.
Ohhh thank you. How embarassing. Yes,confirmed. I realized I pretty much never use that arrow. I'd like to suggest using fast travel or the coffin return function. Easy fix but stupid mistake.

Reactions: boblicticious

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020

Press F5 debug button to unlock the UI then go home

Reactions: boblicticious

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
So, I played it, even when I am not sure I got all the content. Or better I am pretty sure I did not. In general I like the game, because of the vampiretopic. Said that I am not so sure about the demonstuff. I would prefer to kick that out and have the needed knowledge given by an old stolen tome, that has to be recovered. The same with Maras wings. I think different smaller vampiric advantages of the master would be better, Mara maybe beeing stronger and faster than other humans, Michelle more charismatic etc. I think it is great, that you don't use renpy. While I personaly like qsp, unity is far better for a non-VN than renpy. And the way you use animations would not work in qsp. But I would change the way Mara rises behind Blaze. You made that the picture of her turns about 90°. That looks a bit silly. I think it would be more menacing, when her picture moves behind Blaze up from the bottom, ending towering behind him.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
So, I played it, even when I am not sure I got all the content. Or better I am pretty sure I did not. In general I like the game, because of the vampiretopic. Said that I am not so sure about the demonstuff. I would prefer to kick that out and have the needed knowledge given by an old stolen tome, that has to be recovered. The same with Maras wings. I think different smaller vampiric advantages of the master would be better, Mara maybe beeing stronger and faster than other humans, Michelle more charismatic etc. I think it is great, that you don't use renpy. While I personaly like qsp, unity is far better for a non-VN than renpy. And the way you use animations would not work in qsp. But I would change the way Mara rises behind Blaze. You made that the picture of her turns about 90°. That looks a bit silly. I think it would be more menacing, when her picture moves behind Blaze up from the bottom, ending towering behind him.
cool appreciate your feedback!

the mara reveal has gone through a lot of iterations, all very different from each other. this is the one i thought served the gameplay best, which is usually how i decide these things. but ya there were a lot of interesting choices.

I would normally only show these to my upper tier Subscribers but i appreciate feedback, and these have been around for almost a year:

1691521537453.png 1691521560718.png 1691521594229.png 1691521633387.png

Reactions: redbear76

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
Are there any mac players who've been able to play successfully? I'd like to help the Mac folks but I just don't own one.

zed127

Jul 12, 2017
Are all the bonus girl findable? I can't find the mirror maiden, burglar and buyer. I found the rest at Chapter 4.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 22 Votes