VN Ren'Py Completed Blooming Love [v1.0] [Bright Sun Studios]

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Nice game with a diff setting for a change. Quali is good and has some art on the visual side.
A few words on the technical side:
  • In Linux not usable without some knowledge on the users side:
    • Executable flag not set
    • File permissions wrong
  • Image size
    • Lossless quality is nice but with png the files are huge.
    • ren'py supports webp whats a huge improvement chance
    • I did a test with all images including extra (653,8MiB)
    • With cwebp standard quality preset of 80(lossy). I got down to 24,4 MiB. Yes. :eek: For ALL images. I expected 200-300 but NOT this. Quali is good i think. Try it. Compare.
    • Lossless webp gets down to ~ 2/3 size.
Greets

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
Thank you so much for that compliment. I thought this would be normal behavior for any developer who wishes to create a good product, but it's nice to know my efforts are be appreciated. I really do love talking with people about the game and seeing what they think about it. I can't improve the game or my own skills in game making if I ignore all feedback, right?
A few other devs I follow have taken the same approach to F95 - an unfathomable mixture of helpful freeloaders, free beta-testers, free tech support, trolls and twats. Trolls and twats are mentioned at the end as whilst they may be the noisiest, they are certainly a minority. There is an English saying "Empty vessels make the most noise" or something like that. I may be paraphrasing :) It's just gone 1 am and I have been awake (ish) since 5 am :/ I should have a bar on SMS, Twitter, FB & Forums posting after being awake this long. Making sense and making nice is difficult at this hour on this little sleep :p

Reactions: Thermophob

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Thank you so much for that compliment. I thought this would be normal behavior for any developer who wishes to create a good product, but it's nice to know my efforts are be appreciated. I really do love talking with people about the game and seeing what they think about it. I can't improve the game or my own skills in game making if I ignore all feedback, right?

I get that some developers might not like interacting with people on F95zone because most people here pirate the games they're playing, but I honest think that's a wrong attitude to have for a developer. I think it's much more useful to take advantage of whatever feedback you can get, no matter the source. And I totally get that not everyone has enough money to support the creators they like. I myself don't have nearly enough money to support the other creators I like. But just ignoring feedback because that feedback came from someone who possibly didn't pay for your product is just not something a developer should do in my opinion. The feedback from this website has helped me improve the game in so many small ways which in turn (I hope) has helped to convinced other people that my product is good enough to support with their hard earned money.

So don't be afraid to voice your opinion about the game here, even if it's negative. I do really care about all the feedback I'm given and I hope you can (eventually) all see how much your feedback has helped improve the game.

PS: About the gender thing... I've purposefully stayed quiet about my gender because I don't think that should matter when playing the game. I've seen people think that I'm male and I've seen people think that I'm female, and it's actually honestly been somewhat funny to see people trying to figure it out.

Look at the big developers. They obviously often don't give a damn at all.
And for the small devs, some are so full of themselves, it's ridiculous.
I have one who is so pissed after I criticized him a few times that he coded a scene to make fun of me in his game.
Of course I laughed my ass off over it, but it shows you the petty, small egos some people have.

No, your approach is great and I'm sure given time it will prove the more successful one.
All the big earners on patreon are either on pretty good standings here or already offer the game for free anyway, while those trying to crush down hard on their patreons for pirating their game or adding stupid protection to it never go beyond a few hundred bucks a month anyway.

Reactions: kiteares

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Sorry to pest, but has incest been removed from this game?
No, it hasn't. If you asked this because you don't like incest, there isn't much I can do for you. If you asked this because you're concered about Patreon banning it, well... We'll see. Plenty of smaller games featuring incest are still running on Patreon without problems. I think everyone is freaking out because DMD and Big Brother got hit by Patreon, but I personally think Patreon only did that because those two were actually very big earners. They were in the top Patreon earners, so of course Patreon would be aware of them. Even a bigger game like Summertime Saga hasn't removed its incest content. Legend of Opala even gets away with beastiality on Patreon and SweGabe is a much better known creator than I am.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Look at the big developers. They obviously often don't give a damn at all.
And for the small devs, some are so full of themselves, it's ridiculous.
I have one who is so pissed after I criticized him a few times that he coded a scene to make fun of me in his game.
Of course I loved my ass off over it, but it shows you the petty, small egos some people have.

No, your approach is great and I'm sure given time it will prove the more successful one.
All the big earners on patreon are either on pretty good standings here or already offer the game for free anyway, while those trying to crush down hard on their patreons for pirating their game or adding stupid protection to it never go beyond a few hundred bucks a month anyway.
That is such a weird response for a developer. Why would you ever do that? Mocking the people who play your game is such a weird approach to game design. I would never do that, but I think you already know that. It's my personal believe that you should just create something that you enjoy making and hope that you'll get some money for it, not just create something because you want money. Do something because you're passionate about it creates a much better product in my opinion.

I'm currently also thinking about whether I should release the second game I currently working on, Their Beautiful World, for free. I probably will. Having a game featuring incest directly supported through Patreon is already somewhat risky, but since Their Beautiful World will have background references to beastiality in its world's lore (no actual beastiality shown to the player yet, maybe that will be introduced in future updates)... I'll probably create my own website for it and just link my Patreon page in the main menu or something.

Anyway, hopefully you'll enjoy the new update (version 0.11) that came out today when it gets uploaded.

Reactions: botc76

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
No, it hasn't. If you asked this because you don't like incest, there isn't much I can do for you. If you asked this because you're concered about Patreon banning it, well... We'll see. Plenty of smaller games featuring incest are still running on Patreon without problems. I think everyone is freaking out because DMD and Big Brother got hit by Patreon, but I personally think Patreon only did that because those two were actually very big earners. They were in the top Patreon earners, so of course Patreon would be aware of them. Even a bigger game like Summertime Saga hasn't removed its incest content. Legend of Opala even gets away with beastiality on Patreon and SweGabe is a much better known creator than I am.
I just absolutely love your game and really hope that nothing will be changed, in order to not disrupt the great story. Keep up the good work, kind sir/madam :happyblush

Reactions: botc76

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
@Bright Sun Studios, if you don't mind...
with respect and sympathy..

v. 0.11
See my previous comment. I really don't mind anyone uploading my game here, so it's all good. I'm actually a mild supporter of F95zone because it is by far the biggest advertisement platform there is for adult games. And as I've said before, I'm doing this because I like writing and I very much like that other people enjoy it.

I'm not actually going as far as to upload it here myself (including extra's and walkthroughs) and such, but I don't mind other people doing it. I would like to ask someone to update the OP though, because that usually attracts a lot of attention to this page (and any other pages in the 'recently updated' list)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@

Thank you for the fan signature I did use a pixel grabber though to change it from a gif to a normal .PNG file as I can't stand gif's in signatures.

@

The last update before this one threw them out of whack so they no longer match it use to be the updates matched the day but not anymore after update 10 so there are bound to be mistakes.

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
Since @Krull has made (almost) every other sig I've seen on F95 since I joined last year, I posted on their profile this morning requesting a Blooming Love sig to spread the word and show my love.

I was astonished to return from the Sunday market and find my humble request had been filled so quickly, and beautifully :)

xrayman2k4

Jun 10, 2017
Version 0.11 is officially live. I hope you'll all enjoy the update
OMGoodness :)
Wow. OK - before I type anything else gonna wrap the rest of my post up in a nice comfy spoiler tag so I don't upset anyone :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My brain is hurting and I'm tired now - I'm off to start a season 13 Necromancer in D3 before bed. Thank you for another wonderful update, looking forward to the next :)

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
OMGoodness :)
Wow. OK - before I type anything else gonna wrap the rest of my post up in a nice comfy spoiler tag so I don't upset anyone :)
My brain is hurting and I'm tired now - I'm off to start a season 13 Necromancer in D3 before bed. Thank you for another wonderful update, looking forward to the next :)

4.10 star(s) 25 Votes