Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Hmm, unfortunately some texts during the game don't quite match the decisions made beforehand.
I based all my decisions on a sporting career. But when the time comes that she can finally do good sport in a club, she fails in all disciplines. You don't necessarily always have to be in first place, but if, for example, you are so bad in all three positions in football that the team keeps losing, you should reconsider your options or get better training.
High jump - fail
Long distance running - fail
Cheerleading - fail
Maybe she could try chess.

Unfortunately, the student associations are also a bit lacking. There is more text for joining than actual events in the years after.

The hope is that BS will give the backstory more space for the actual gameplay as a spy. Of course, not every day should be replayed exactly. But events like the student associations in particular can be very influential for the future. It would be nice if a little more detail could be worked out here.

Fictionary

May 26, 2017
~Lots of comments snip~
Good catch on the double Hilary, will be fixed and attached proper gender, lol.
Gender-fluid Taylor will be smoothed out as well, thanks.
Will double check on the counts, could be checking wrong variables there.
Gonna need more info on the gapyear error. I don't see us ever trying to go to "gapyear", directly.

~Spring Break "blank" snip~
Please give me a direct reference, the codebase is very large lol.
None of your sentences are coming up with anything, and I scanned Spring Break and didn't find it.

TerumiNin

Jan 9, 2019
My understanding is that yes, we're going to get one, but it isn't going to be explicit and will be more of an in-character description than a list of stats. Think "So-an-so has an athletic build" instead of "Trait (Athletics): 3"
Yeah, that's all I was looking for. Like breast size, sex count/did what with who, former jobs (model, life guard) etc.

Reactions: PeanutGallery

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
I am a bit worried, because I never encountered ANY of these detailled things that are discussed on these recent pages. It reads like you all were playing a different game, which sound better than the one I checked out with various playthroughs trying to find different routes (which I basically failed). Still I like the game.

Could someone be so kind to point out in short keywords how to get to e.g. this stuff?

Greetings and hoping the game will be great once it flourishes.

EDIT: Example - going for a slutty run I never got more than 13 lovers, NEVER any teachers and never anal. I'm not telling I aim to get just that, but the option NEVER occured, no matter how I approached the game.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Gonna need more info on the gapyear error. I don't see us ever trying to go to "gapyear", directly.

Please give me a direct reference, the codebase is very large lol.
None of your sentences are coming up with anything, and I scanned Spring Break and didn't find it.
After the failed application to the elite university, the choice arose between a gap year or something else. The gap year resulted in an error, the other option could continue to be played.
Unfortunately, I don't have a save file and in the previous run with other decisions, I wasn't given this choice. Instead, at an earlier point in time (PROLOGUE: The PostGrad) I was given the choice of the Gap or the Finishing Schools. Both decisions can be played.

Edit:
I started another run and was able to replicate the error. Here's a save.
Use the right option first, then the left option and the error occurs.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Mira Something

PeanutGallery

Nov 24, 2017
EDIT: Example - going for a slutty run I never got more than 13 lovers, NEVER any teachers and never anal. I'm not telling I aim to get just that, but the option NEVER occured, no matter how I approached the game.
Your high school body count is affected by:
  • Positively by some stats (your Easy, Risky, Excitable, Suggestible scores)
  • Negatively by other stats (Stable, Confident, Sophisticated)
  • How you chose to deal with male attention
  • How you felt about male attention
  • Your attractiveness, if your listed interest in school was Boys
  • Your responses in the "how you feel about sex" crossroads (these can override other values, be careful here)
  • A few specific obvious events that add to the list
Easiest way to get a high body count is to have high attractiveness, list your high school interest as "boys," and make sure you say you like male attention and reciprocate advances. That alone puts you at ten or so, even before the natural gains from your stats.

Could someone be so kind to point out in short keywords how to get to e.g. this stuff?
The biggest choice by far is where you grew up. The vignettes are different and even the share ones have different paths based on where you're growing up. After that, the most significant skew is probably your home life - being from a broken home (mom hates you and dad is gone) makes certain paths much harder to succeed on, while being a pampered princess will make other routes difficult to excel at.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ray3dave
May 2, 2022
Use the right option first, then the left option and the error occurs.
Thanks for the report and the save - huge help!

A bug in the link crept in and already fixed waiting for the next patch release.
If you (or anybody) get stuck there a quick fix is to open the html and search for:

[[PG001 - Decisions|$HS.postGrad = "gapyear"]]

And replace with:

[[PG001 - Decisions][$HS.postGrad = "gapyear"]]

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I didn't like the MC being forced to lose her virginity to some jerk at Spring Break.
And then came a screen that talked about my romantic life and said that 'blank' and I had been in a committed relationship, and I'm like... whaaaa? So there's a bug in there somewhere. I could only choose from three options: 'I stayed committed to blank, I dated other people but also blank, or I dated blank and cheated on (him? her? IDK!).

There was no 'blank'. Only Darryl, who basically raped my drunk ass.

I shoulda stayed home with 'the boys'. Lesson learned, I guess.

EDIT TO ADD:
I don't wanna sound like I don't like the game, because I do. It's pretty well written, and I enjoyed it. I'm sure it's hard to do one of these with so many variables and always have it come out the right way.

I wonder why my Claire never had a shot with Hillary? Cause she woulda, given the chance!
Not sure what's causing the "blank" -- screenshot and save are very useful in solving that.

And I'm sorry that you didn't want the Darryl scene, but it is avoidable, there is a rape tag on the game and it is a flavor of content that could happen, especially later in the game -- given the story matter.

That said, I'm glad you're liking the game.

Could you give me a bit more about the relationship issue you're having?

Hmm, unfortunately some texts during the game don't quite match the decisions made beforehand.
~snip~

Unfortunately, the student associations are also a bit lacking. There is more text for joining than actual events in the years after.

The hope is that BS will give the backstory more space for the actual gameplay as a spy. Of course, not every day should be replayed exactly. But events like the student associations in particular can be very influential for the future. It would be nice if a little more detail could be worked out here.
Not really sure exactly what you mean here. It's very hard for me to 'match' text and improve things you find 'lacking' when I'm given exact instances. Otherwise, there's thousands and thousands of lines of code for me to go through, guessing. If you have particular sections that don't line up, or specific instances where you think that the writing is lacking, please be exact and I'll give it a look -- otherwise, it's just going to remain the same.

I do understand your frustrations at failing at things, there is an aspect of randomness when skills are tested.

How do you join the API sorority? I keep trying and I just can't seem to figure it out.
There is no API sorority. ADPi though. They have a strong leaning towards social, learning, and relationships. So, I'd keep Claire middle of the road and focused on friends and school. There's more specifics, of course, but I'm not building a guide ;)

Skjall

Nov 4, 2017
Ok. I managed to get my various variants of Claire to almost every sorority.

But what are the requirements to get to Kappa Delta ?

It seems, no matter what I do, I can't even get an invitation from those girls.
Is there a specific background, family situation or certain traits I'd need to have, or some elusive choice is required somewhere before pledging?

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Could you give me a bit more about the relationship issue you're having?
Well, you concentrate completely on your sporting career, but fail at every event. There is not even a dice test for possible success.
You don't always have to get first place, but you should do well in something.

The selection of the student association takes place over several slides. But once you join one, nothing really happens after that, except for a small aside. It also has no effect whether you move in with Hilary or live in the student union. Or how the roommates in the house react to this relationship when Hilary often stays overnight.

Even “the first time” somehow has no echo. There are people to choose from for a one-time encounter. Then there are also people who cross their path every day or several times a week (dad, coach, friend's father), but unfortunately there are no further comments on how they will meet in the future.
Do you avoid each other, do you continue to meet secretly, do others notice the crackling chemistry?

To compare it with FA again. Unfortunately, many passages are simply not completed there either. It happened, that's it. Why do you still remember this as a player?

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Well, you concentrate completely on your sporting career, but fail at every event. There is not even a dice test for possible success.
You don't always have to get first place, but you should do well in something.
There is a dice test.

Volleyball Districts, your competitive skill (compWin, from a variable perspective) needs to be higher than Ava -- which is a random number. And if you fail, welp, you still made it to Districts.
Cheering also requires you to meet a certain bar based on your skills and traits. And if you fail, you might still end up being a Cheerleader, simply not Captain.
Gymnastics requires meeting a certain bar as well.
Track & Field / Softball requires meeting a certain bar or there's failure.

So, I'm not really sure what to say. You can win all of them, you can fail all of them. Some have 'dice', some have bars.

The only thing I can say is that Athletic ability doesn't == success. There are other things like fitness, discipline, stability, riskiness and excitability that might play into a pass/fail.

Maybe your Claire is too Excitable or not Disciplined enough.

The selection of the student association takes place over several slides. But once you join one, nothing really happens after that, except for a small aside. It also has no effect whether you move in with Hilary or live in the student union. Or how the roommates in the house react to this relationship when Hilary often stays overnight.

Even “the first time” somehow has no echo. There are people to choose from for a one-time encounter. Then there are also people who cross their path every day or several times a week (dad, coach, friend's father), but unfortunately there are no further comments on how they will meet in the future.
Do you avoid each other, do you continue to meet secretly, do others notice the crackling chemistry?

To compare it with FA again. Unfortunately, many passages are simply not completed there either. It happened, that's it. Why do you still remember this as a player?
Welp, if there's a desire for me to flesh out the Prologue by a good number of players, I can do that in the off-content dev cycles. But the Prologue is intended to be Prologue, not a full-on story...so that we can get to the *actual* story of the spying. I intended for the player to fill in the gaps themselves with their imagination, if they wanted.

One of the reasons for not spelling it all out is that I can't please everyone. If I write a definitive thing: continued secret meetings, for example, people decry not having a choice. And if I write in choice and options -- that's a LOT of work and coding.

If I do go back and flesh things out, based on player sentiment, it will not have variations and options. But if you do want more color and flavor around these moments in the Prologue, I recommend joining the community on Discord and hitting me up with your requests for our off-content dev cycles.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Your high school body count is affected by:
  • Positively by some stats (your Easy, Risky, Excitable, Suggestible scores)
  • Negatively by other stats (Stable, Confident, Sophisticated)
  • How you chose to deal with male attention
  • How you felt about male attention
  • Your attractiveness, if your listed interest in school was Boys
  • Your responses in the "how you feel about sex" crossroads (these can override other values, be careful here)
  • A few specific obvious events that add to the list
Easiest way to get a high body count is to have high attractiveness, list your high school interest as "boys," and make sure you say you like male attention and reciprocate advances. That alone puts you at ten or so, even before the natural gains from your stats.

The biggest choice by far is where you grew up. The vignettes are different and even the share ones have different paths based on where you're growing up. After that, the most significant skew is probably your home life - being from a broken home (mom hates you and dad is gone) makes certain paths much harder to succeed on, while being a pampered princess will make other routes difficult to excel at.
Big Thanks! Your hints sure helped a lot, BUT still there are two things left that I don't get.

What determines "Positively by some stats (your Easy, Risky, Excitable, Suggestible scores)"? Especially "easy" and "excitable leave me wondering (I suppose "risky" might come from hanging around with gangs and so on?)
I did not notice the "how you feel about sex" crossroads? Could you point out at which point and in which way it appears?
How does "where you grew up " affect the sluttiness / count of guys she's had sex / teachers being among her lovers?

Still quite a lot of the stuff discussed here does not get noticed by me in my playthroughs. E.g. I never encountered sororities.

Reactions: kunIOIOIOIOIO

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
There are very few HTML games I like. Female Agent is one I love. After playing this one, I also love it. I look forward to what comes next.

Reactions: CassieBare
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes