Axato

Apr 27, 2018
stuck on third abagail transformation. i did microscope and kitchen, dont know what to do next
Magazines in the living room and she should start leaving around a vibrator, check it, go get a screwdriver in the cabin by the garden, open it, sabotage it and transform her when she uses it the mornings by the pool

Jun 12, 2018
Yep. A ton of layered graphics on top of each other. Speed depends on your system though. The webgl version is not really working anymore as the game keeps growing since weg apps are very limited on what memory they can even access. In general, that’s not going to change since the many graphical layers are the main feature of the game.
at this point it just needs a lot of optimisation or an overhaul of the way youve implemented that, like, i'm using a fairly capable laptop with 4gb of vram, but the game just all 4 gigs the moment its launched and then it runs at like 0 fps and its gonna get worse for sure, considering the way you worded it
aint cool, considering that laptop is capable of running ESO(not the best example, but i didnt play much other games on that laptop, plus its a full 3d and a mmo at that) on high at 60 fps

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
at this point it just needs a lot of optimisation or an overhaul of the way youve implemented that, like, i'm using a fairly capable laptop with 4gb of vram, but the game just all 4 gigs the moment its launched and then it runs at like 0 fps and its gonna get worse for sure, considering the way you worded it
aint cool, considering that laptop is capable of running ESO(not the best example, but i didnt play much other games on that laptop, plus its a full 3d and a mmo at that) on high at 60 fps
That‘s impossible. The game will never use less graphics and has a minimum memory requirement of 8GB. That’s not going to change. Most modern computers have more than that. Also, 3d games are not comparable. 3d models use waaay less memory than 4K 2d sprites for example. In general, when a game has a minimum system requirement, saying „it needs optimization to run on less“, that‘s not going to happen. I’m always doing memory optimization work, but it can never reach the extent that you’re looking for. Sorry.

I understand that a lot of games that have a similar look use less memory but for example they don‘t usually have as many options for customising the characters and therefor use less graphical layers.

Last edited:

FalseSide

Jun 12, 2017
That‘s impossible. The game will never use less graphics and has a minimum memory requirement of 8GB. That’s not going to change. Most modern computers have more than that. Also, 3d games are not comparable. 3d models use waaay less memory than 4K 2d sprites for example. In general, when a game has a minimum system requirement, saying „it needs optimization to run on less“, that‘s not going to happen. I’m always doing memory optimization work, but it can never reach the extent that you’re looking for. Sorry.

I understand that a lot of games that have a similar look use less memory but for example they don‘t usually have as many options for customising the characters and therefor use less graphical layers.
VRAM isn't the same thing as RAM. Most people don't have the newest dedicated gpus. For example more than half of steam users have less than 8gb vrams.

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
VRAM isn't the same thing as RAM. Most people don't have the newest dedicated gpus. For example more than half of steam users have less than 8gb vrams.
I am aware of that, but my point is that if the game doesn't run, it's not running. The game is what it is. I've already optimized a shitton of it, but at a certain point, I can't do more. I'm also having no problems running it on my Microsoft Surface, so it's not like it doesn't run on low end hardware with less than 4GB VRAM.

Reactions: FalseSide

maskedtuxedo

Jan 28, 2019
Again, there will never be a dice roll system. I’ve explained why above. If you want a game without QTEs then this game is not for you. Also, if you‘re in a spot where it‘s too fast then the dice roll would always fail as well. You need to balance your mood to increase the time you have available. It‘s not the QTEs fault if you have 0 mood.
Sounds good, seems like this game isn't for anyone then. Currently it's not balanced so it's always a negative roll regardless. Good job.

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
Sounds good, seems like this game isn't for anyone then. Currently it's not balanced so it's always a negative roll regardless. Good job.
If that's your criteria, then no, it's not. Again, the goal here is not just to get past a QTE check, but to balance your character's mood. If you have a low mood, then the time to react will be basically 0. That has nothing to do with the QTE system, but with how you play the rest of the game. It is not meant to be solvable if you don't get your character's mood up. I understand that in this forum people might not be into the MC Transformation as much, but that is the point of the game. I'm not getting any complaints about this in any other forums by the way. ;)

maskedtuxedo

Jan 28, 2019
If that's your criteria, then no, it's not. Again, the goal here is not just to get past a QTE check, but to balance your character's mood. If you have a low mood, then the time to react will be basically 0. That has nothing to do with the QTE system, but with how you play the rest of the game. It is not meant to be solvable if you don't get your character's mood up. I understand that in this forum people might not be into the MC Transformation as much, but that is the point of the game.
I already told you my character mood is balanced and it still will always fail. Stop talking about the mood as if that will change it.

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
I already told you my character mood is balanced and it still will always fail. Stop talking about the mood as if that will change it.
if you really do fail a 5s qte then this game will not be for you, sorry. it's not that hard. i might add accessibility features at some point, but not now.

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
It's like 1s at best. But sure, good luck dude.
if it's 1s then your mood is not balanced. Or you chose the highest difficulty on game start and when you realized it's too difficult you didn't change it down. Just check the difficulty settings menu.

Man... some people on this forum are so entitled and then think leaving a bad review is going to show me. Get over yourself.

I understand that this game is not made for most people on this forum. I didn't post it here. But is it really too much to ask to not be a dick about it? I don't have any of these kinds of discussions on any of the other forums and social channels.

Last edited:

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
post a screenshot or a short video clip. he game dev is saying something isnt possible, just posting saying "nah your wrong, this is happening with these parameters" but then not actually showing what youre talking about helps nobody. Upload a save or something, but dont just keeping posting I HAVE A PROBLEM and then fuck off for a while.

por42

Sep 2, 2020
post a screenshot or a short video clip. he game dev is saying something isnt possible, just posting saying "nah your wrong, this is happening with these parameters" but then not actually showing what youre talking about helps nobody. Upload a save or something, but dont just keeping posting I HAVE A PROBLEM and then fuck off for a while.
second that
like post some screenshots or something

Jun 12, 2018

I didnt mean that as an attack or anything of that kind, but just thinking that maybe there could be an option to say, have a version of the game that has 2x lower res materials? That potentially could help greatly, or maybe the game doesn't really need to load everything (again, just thinking, after all culling and that kind of stuff exists for a reason)
After all, even though that the new gpu's do have more vram, not everyone has a gpu that has more than 6gb, even looking through the steam hardware survey proves that relatively not that many people do have at lease older high end gpus(just to use as some sort of point of comparison)
for example the most popular gpu is nvidia 1060(it counts both models, both 3gb and 6gb) makes 8% of the user base
1650 only has 4gb, just like 1050ti(which also could have just 2gb), both of which take more or less 6% of the userbase
Even the more recent midrange 3060 for laptops, only has 6gb of vram
Only desktop nvidia 3xxx and older flagman gpus have higher ram amount, but there's less people that have them, naturally

Sorry if previous comments offended you, didnt mean anything of that kind

Jun 12, 2018
I am aware of that, but my point is that if the game doesn't run, it's not running. The game is what it is. I've already optimized a shitton of it, but at a certain point, I can't do more. I'm also having no problems running it on my Microsoft Surface, so it's not like it doesn't run on low end hardware with less than 4GB VRAM.
Thats a survivourship bias, you're judging it by your laptop, which runs the game well. Okay, it's good that it runs well, but that doesn't mean that its gonna run as well on a different machine
The laptop i was running it on, has an RX 560X with 4gb, and like i said, i had no other game ever stutter as bad
But even so, first off, surface laptops aren't exactly weak machines, and considering the amount of their versions, its really hard to say whether your surface is better than laptop i was running it on or not, but it's not that relevant, thing is, it didn't work properly on my machine and chances are, i'm not the only one like that
It's just a feedback

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
I didnt mean that as an attack or anything of that kind, but just thinking that maybe there could be an option to say, have a version of the game that has 2x lower res materials? That potentially could help greatly, or maybe the game doesn't really need to load everything (again, just thinking, after all culling and that kind of stuff exists for a reason)
After all, even though that the new gpu's do have more vram, not everyone has a gpu that has more than 6gb, even looking through the steam hardware survey proves that relatively not that many people do have at lease older high end gpus(just to use as some sort of point of comparison)
for example the most popular gpu is nvidia 1060(it counts both models, both 3gb and 6gb) makes 8% of the user base
1650 only has 4gb, just like 1050ti(which also could have just 2gb), both of which take more or less 6% of the userbase
Even the more recent midrange 3060 for laptops, only has 6gb of vram
Only desktop nvidia 3xxx and older flagman gpus have higher ram amount, but there's less people that have them, naturally

Sorry if previous comments offended you, didnt mean anything of that kind
Sorry if it came off that way, it didn’t offend me. The game is already only loading the images into memory that are currently being displayed though. A lower resolution version at some point is a possibility but not anytime soon. Building the game for all platforms is already taking two hours and then also reimporting everything and rebuilding would be another two hours.
However, you keep mentioning the VRAM but the thing is that I am regularly testing the game on a device with only 1GB VRAM and that device has no issues whatsoever. So if you have more but the game has issues that might be a more complicated problem. It is definitely not needed though.

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Thats a survivourship bias, you're judging it by your laptop, which runs the game well. Okay, it's good that it runs well, but that doesn't mean that its gonna run as well on a different machine
The laptop i was running it on, has an RX 560X with 4gb, and like i said, i had no other game ever stutter as bad
But even so, first off, surface laptops aren't exactly weak machines, and considering the amount of their versions, its really hard to say whether your surface is better than laptop i was running it on or not, but it's not that relevant, thing is, it didn't work properly on my machine and chances are, i'm not the only one like that
It's just a feedback
Shouldnt there be a crash log or something? Something in event viewer even?

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
It's just a feedback
If you want to look at it that way, it‘s impossible to judge any computer, yours included. Your hardware alone also doesn‘t tell me that your Os is working as intended for example. Not trying to say that’s the case. Even if a surface is not the lowest possible machine, I can still tell that a lower VRAM is not the issue because I‘m testing that. The system Ram however has a minimum requirement that I was able to test.

Last edited:

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
Shouldnt there be a crash log or something? Something in event viewer even?
Yes, there are logs but with the description it surely will be a memory allocation error.
The logs are only on the software level, the memory allocation happens on the OS level though, so they usually don‘t help much.

I can only try to use less memory but that‘s not an easy task and I’m already optimizing a lot.

2.90 star(s) 42 Votes