JSheppard

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
is there any win or lose or dose it just keeps going?
There is no win or standart Game over. Game can go infinity. You can transform other (without dom) max three (of planned five) times now.
But you still can lose - there is some specific TFs, like school girl, robo, cow, etc. It can give some Buff|debuff in new game.

halo2018

Jan 19, 2018
Is it deliberate to that the game calls the windows username at the start, cause thats not the name you choose at the character creation, also not cool.

Reactions: Fusrodah27

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Having issues decompressing the Mac version. Downloaded from both Mega and WorkUpload, got about 20-25% before an alert saying file can not be decoded. Got further decompressing with The Unarchiver but still resulted in No Joy. Any ideas?

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
Having issues decompressing the Mac version. Downloaded from both Mega and WorkUpload, got about 20-25% before an alert saying file can not be decoded. Got further decompressing with The Unarchiver but still resulted in No Joy. Any ideas?
If Unarchiver succesfully decompressed the zip, you still need to use the console commands to unquarantine the app. OS X puts all apps that are not signed by them into this, which is also why I stopped using Macs altogether last year after having been a fanboy for over ten years.

open terminal, navigate to the directory with the app, and then run these two commands where [YOURAPP].app is the path/name of your APP-file:
chmod -R 755 [YOURAPP].app
sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine [YOURAPP].app

Is it deliberate to that the game calls the windows username at the start, cause thats not the name you choose at the character creation, also not cool.
yes, it's deliberate. It's a similar use as in something like Doki Doki Literature Club, where the character is not adressing your ingame character but you yourself. It's just a variable that Windows exposes to every app.

fakehb

Jun 30, 2020
Big issues with the most current (0.4.6 f1) build. The dialog animations feel very clunky and laggy despite getting 60 FPS on a high end machine. Probably something is happening in the wrong update event. Dialogs can also shrink vertically if you click too quickly, and eventually you're left with a horizontal line. There's a pretty significant issue where, if you talk to someone instead of taking control your trap can disappear and can't be placed again. Definitely remember this happening on the TV. Whore route seems to be broken. Got up to week 72 (just clicking through days after a certain point) but the transformation never completes.

Jan 15, 2021
This is my absolute favorite game on here. I just absolutely love the forced hypnos, transformations and sexual acts with your cohabitants on a very switchy basis.
Are there any games out there similar to this? Please, I direly need recommendations to play while waiting for this project to be completed!

Reactions: relattic

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
Big issues with the most current (0.4.6 f1) build. The dialog animations feel very clunky and laggy despite getting 60 FPS on a high end machine. Probably something is happening in the wrong update event. Dialogs can also shrink vertically if you click too quickly, and eventually you're left with a horizontal line. There's a pretty significant issue where, if you talk to someone instead of taking control your trap can disappear and can't be placed again. Definitely remember this happening on the TV. Whore route seems to be broken. Got up to week 72 (just clicking through days after a certain point) but the transformation never completes.
Remember that this public version is two patches behind. The cpu and memory optimization will always fluctuate. As far as I know, v0.5.0 is better in some cases and worse in others, while v0.5.1 should be a pretty big improvement overall, albeit using a lot of memory if the computer has it, and switching to a memory save mode that performs worse otherwise.

In the case of v0.4.6 onwards, it's basically the evergrowing library of clothes that increased the workload the character had to go through finding what clothes to show. This is fixed in the latest version already. (By using a dictionary instead of a list, for the tech-savy peeps.)

I haven't been able to properly reproduce the dialog box issue though. I've seen reports but I can only fix it if I see it happening on my own system.

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
If Unarchiver succesfully decompressed the zip, you still need to use the console commands to unquarantine the app. OS X puts all apps that are not signed by them into this, which is also why I stopped using Macs altogether last year after having been a fanboy for over ten years.

open terminal, navigate to the directory with the app, and then run these two commands where [YOURAPP].app is the path/name of your APP-file:
chmod -R 755 [YOURAPP].app
sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine [YOURAPP].app
The Unarchiver did not successfully decompress. After multiple error messages it left a 10+ gig executable on my drive, which did not launch (no surprise there).

The two binaries(?) that I downloaded were both just under a gig in size (940mb I think). Usually a file of that size is decompressed in a few seconds (maybe 10-15, never really timed it), however in this instance it was like watching a large download come in painfully slow through a 56k modem.

Thanks for the Terminal commands, those are my usual gotos for executables on this site (do get around it with Ren'py games as I just throw those into Ren'py's launcher). Always good to have that info out in the ether. Unquarantining applications isn't that big of an issue for me, couple of Terminal commands paired with a few drag and drops. Full disclosure: I've been an Apple fan since the Apple II.

Anyway, thanks for the support.

fakehb

Jun 30, 2020
Remember that this public version is two patches behind. The cpu and memory optimization will always fluctuate. As far as I know, v0.5.0 is better in some cases and worse in others, while v0.5.1 should be a pretty big improvement overall, albeit using a lot of memory if the computer has it, and switching to a memory save mode that performs worse otherwise.
Don't think it's an FPS issue. 5950X, 128 GB RAM, FRAPS showing 60.

I haven't been able to properly reproduce the dialog box issue though. I've seen reports but I can only fix it if I see it happening on my own system.
You can use an with a fast ms interval to trigger it within a minute or so, but even that won't necessarily trigger it on the first or even tenth dialog you go through. It might help to also set the target frame rate to something very low (or, if it's the other way around, disable v-sync). Without being able to trigger the issue on a whim so you can step through it though, seeing it won't really do much for you. Say you play a bunch in the editor, click through dialogs fast and eventually the box shrinks. Now what? Debugging at that point won't help because the issue happened in the past. You'll just see what you already know, that the y-scale gets molested (and it is y-scale because the text appears vertically squished). I'm assuming your code works something like looking at the y-scale of the dialog window, setting that in a variable, changing the y-scale to 0, and then lerping from 0 to the original y-scale. If that's the case, there's probably some way to exit the dialog without resetting the y-scale to its original value, so look for that, but regardless of your implementation you should be able to think "based on what I know, how might we get to the end state?" You may be able to verify some assumptions by molesting the y-scale yourself in the editor while a dialog isn't active and observing what happens the next time a dialog appears. If you're using coroutines then realize there can be weirdness when the containing gameobject (or parent) get disabled so that could be a place to look. Or you may not need to understand every last detail to add a workaround, eg. lerp from 0 to 1 instead of 0 to initial value, reset the y-scale to 1 before or initial value afterwards, etc. Of course, you may not be able to verify a fix until reports stop coming in, but sometimes that's all you can do.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020
This is my absolute favorite game on here. I just absolutely love the forced hypnos, transformations and sexual acts with your cohabitants on a very switchy basis.
Are there any games out there similar to this? Please, I direly need recommendations to play while waiting for this project to be completed!
Trapquest does the forced transformation and mental changes aspect well. Will probably be into a lot of other corruption games, Ambrosia might be worth a try.

StoneM

Aug 1, 2017
How do you get to that magical girl path?!

Might be bad (unstable) overclock, try without overclock if you have any.

Or maybe it's the graphics card. Just stop all overclock and try again.

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
The Unarchiver did not successfully decompress. After multiple error messages it left a 10+ gig executable on my drive, which did not launch (no surprise there).

The two binaries(?) that I downloaded were both just under a gig in size (940mb I think). Usually a file of that size is decompressed in a few seconds (maybe 10-15, never really timed it), however in this instance it was like watching a large download come in painfully slow through a 56k modem.
That does all sound like the correct behaviour though. The end result should be around 10GB. Basically all the images in the game have a lot of alpha channels which can easily be compressed, but Unity unfortunately reformats everything so that there‘s no compression. It just doesn‘t want to use files in any other compression format. The project folder itself is also smaller than 10GB but during building the graphics are always enlarged. However, the zip program realizes this and compresses it down again. It‘s a mess but that’s how Unity works.

You can use an with a fast ms interval to trigger it within a minute or so, …
Thanks for your detailed thoughts on this. The FPS stay at 60 because single frames in between go down to 0 when it stutters, then it returns to normal. That‘s because the issue is in a single function in the code.

As for the dialog problem, it’s a little easier, and also more complicated. The reason why I need to see it, is that the y value of the dialog window is animated with the Animator. There is however no Animation where the window is shrunken like that. So when I see it in front of me I can see what the mechanim view looks like. Since there‘s no animation with that state I can see, it might be a problem with the transitions or whatever.

tiedandhozed

Dec 1, 2019
any chance of a gallery of sorts in the works? specifically interested in being able to go through and watch all the hypnosis events at will rather than needing to always wait for them to be triggered in the game. Unless of course something like this already exists and I have just entirely missed it, which is possible

fakehb

Jun 30, 2020
Thanks for your detailed thoughts on this. The FPS stay at 60 because single frames in between go down to 0 when it stutters, then it returns to normal. That‘s because the issue is in a single function in the code.
0 would be an infinite frame, but I know what you mean.

As for the dialog problem, it’s a little easier, and also more complicated. The reason why I need to see it, is that the y value of the dialog window is animated with the Animator. There is however no Animation where the window is shrunken like that. So when I see it in front of me I can see what the mechanim view looks like. Since there‘s no animation with that state I can see, it might be a problem with the transitions or whatever.
Not the way I thought you had it set up, but I don't know that seeing it will necessarily help you in this context either. Before the dialog window becomes a thin horizontal line, it's just vertically shrunk however the animations still play the same otherwise. Based on your information what I'd look out for is if there's a way that the animator component (or its gameobject) get disabled during play, since that could account for your problem if it happens during a transition. If that's the case, consider moving the animator towards the base of the hierarchy until it is attached to a gameobject that does not get toggled on and off.

Last edited:

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
0 would be an infinite frame, but I know what you mean.

Not the way I thought you had it set up, but I don't know that seeing it will necessarily help you in this context either. Before the dialog window becomes a thin horizontal line, it's just vertically shrunk however the animations still play the same otherwise. Based on your information what I'd look out for is if there's a way that the animator component (or its gameobject) get disabled during play, since that could account for your problem if it happens during a transition. If that's the case, consider moving the animator towards the base of the hierarchy until it is attached to a gameobject that does not get toggled on and off.
if the animator gets disabled you wouldn't see a box at all anymore. it's on that image component.

Reactions: MrKyrbu

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
Does the gameobject that contains the image and animator components ever get disabled for any reason?
The gameobject gets disabled whenever the dialog window is not visible but turning it on again will reset the animator. I don‘t see a way for the animator component to get disabled.
I‘m currently out of town for the weekend though, so I‘m unable to check in more details.

fakehb

Jun 30, 2020
The gameobject gets disabled whenever the dialog window is not visible but turning it on again will reset the animator. I don‘t see a way for the animator component to get disabled.
I‘m currently out of town for the weekend though, so I‘m unable to check in more details.
Very high chance that's your problem. If the animator is doing anything when the gameobject gets disabled, it can lead to bad behavior. I've seen at least a few similar bug reports over the years. As a matter of practice, if I'm animating a gameobject that is at some point disabled I'll try to place the animator somewhere up the hierarchy that does not get disabled. I'd try that and see if that stops the reports.

2.90 star(s) 42 Votes