Trapquest

Feb 26, 2018
Can anybody explain why my earlier comment was deleted? It was on topic, and although it contained a personal gripe about a self-purported ex-user, it was what I consider valid criticism for real problematic behavior. I've seen more directly insulting things left entirely alone, and more controversial takes left entirely alone. What gives?

Reactions: blobgob

pandabweer

Modder
Oct 11, 2017
Can anybody explain why my earlier comment was deleted? It was on topic, and although it contained a personal gripe about a self-purported ex-user, it was what I consider valid criticism for real problematic behavior. I've seen more directly insulting things left entirely alone, and more controversial takes left entirely alone. What gives?
Most likely due to it being a more personal statement towards the developer. This thread is meant for the game not to discuss the authors actions and issues. I really hope after a week or so it will become quite again. I also suspect a moderator or I will keep being in charge of the thread regarding the issues that had occurred. Rel has stated today on his Discord that he'll let it be finally, let's follow that as well and not provoke it any further.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I find the new game start to be really obnoxious. Is there any way to skip it and just get to the game? Really unnecessary tutorial and video after you've seen it once. Can't figure it out on my own so I'm hoping I'm just dumb and the answer isn't "you can't"
Yes, you can start from day 2 once you have unlocked the Legacy (kinda of a NG+ with persistent progression) feature. Which I think happens when you get any of the TF endings.

lamba

Jul 10, 2018
This game only had "uniqueness" that's why people started playing it.
It's not even an original concept. Granted, the last time I saw, "Game Show, but everyone is horny, and you're trying to make everyone lose by becoming too horny" was on some old .rags game I don't even remember the name of. If you like the idea and you think you can do it better, by all means, take a swing at it. Short of blatantly knocking off someone else's idea or outright stealing code from them there's no shame in making your own adaptations of an idea.

How do I start the cowgirl storyline?
You have to start what's her name's science experiment. If you fail it, she starts the process on you.

fakehb

Jun 30, 2020
This game only had "uniqueness" that's why people started playing it. It has been up since 2019 and the content doesn't amount to one single update of any other game. The dialogue is mediocre at best and the gameplay is pure grinding, and that seems to make up for the lack of everything else since it's addicting as hell. That and the customable feature. I don't see any talent here, just specific kinks, and the developer took advantage of it.
Well, the dev might not be a great programmer, and may also come off as a bit prickly and abrasive, but creating anything that is "addicting as hell," well, that's not nothing. That's extremely difficult, and deserves recognition. I think that, more so than finding the right niche, is why the project is so successful on Patreon.

I do share most of your complaints. This is a game that I really want to like, but I'm not a fan of the MtF theme or of the transformations into ungodly horrors that aren't at all sexy. There are two or three routes that are genuinely hot, but even those feel like a protracted tease without any real payoff.

Reactions: ashrana88
May 31, 2019
However ever since you needed a key to "unlock" the game you also need to be subscribed in order to play. Meaning if you aren't subbed your alpha version on your own pc that you paid for doesn't work since the registered key gets deleted..... But seeing how the dev handles criticism and his current state regarding the game is just unbelievable. His statement literally was "I got enough money on my patreon now that I can disregard any opinion and community".
Dev really went full-on SkyCorp and did the same shit as The Underworld. Ya love to see it. Especially when their games aren't even all that to write home about. I mean sure, BMO has good art (which is about the only thing it really has going for it that gives it a shred of "presentation"), but it's not like the dev had any hand in that. They're commissioning someone to do it, it's not like they're part of a dev team.
It's just funny when adult devs get a crumb of popularity and then think they're hot shit and immune to critique.

It's not even an original concept. Granted, the last time I saw, "Game Show, but everyone is horny, and you're trying to make everyone lose by becoming too horny" was on some old .rags game I don't even remember the name of.
Stranded is the OG that it's based off (at least from what I remember, don't remember a RAGS game with the same gameplay but I could be wrong), and Apollo7 did a game inspired by that a bit later called Submansion. It's hardly treading new ground, and it treads a lot of the same ground without actually improving on the faults those games had in the first place. Sure the "paths" are nice in BMO, but the problem is that some of them lock you in automatically, even if you choose not to engage with them. I don't really find the game all that "addicting" to be honest. I'll check up on it from time to time to see if anything big changed, but the game is fundamentally the same thing as it's always been, and it's the same thing as those other games.
It's certainly not bad and has good presentation, but there's just something about it that feels empty to me and lacking soul (to use a meme-y term)

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
It's certainly not bad and has good presentation, but there's just something about it that feels empty to me and lacking soul (to use a meme-y term)
I keep trying out the new versions because there is a really cool core to this game and the presentation is pretty decent, but it's the writing that lets it down. Most of the characters are stereotypes: gym bully, nerd, domme, kawaii schoolgirl. Not enough is done to make these characters believable. Himari is better with the heart-to-heart interactions you can have with her. Katelyn OTOH seems very half-assed. Maybe it's a WIP-issue, like more dialogue is planned for later. Overall though, the other characters still don't feel like active participants or real people.

Worse, the MC either doesn't react to most of what happens, or seems too apathetic. A few days into the game and the happiness bar is in the green, and I'm wondering "how is she happy with this situation where she's being permanently changed against her will and has to be on guard at all times? She should be absolutely horrified." Feels like there should be an option to have a more resistant MC that loathes what's being done every step of the way, even if that doesn't change her options. Although a permanently miserable, scared and/or angry MC wouldn't mesh well with how happiness works in this game with the QTEs, so that would have to be different. Maybe undoing a TF could have a happiness boost?

Another aspect that is almost completely neglected is that this is a show and most people would be completely embarrassed by most of what goes on in it. I like that sex is now kinda an alternative way or racking up votes, but damn, using a gloryhole on TV should come with some apprehension for most people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojomama29

Mindblowew656

Jan 13, 2022
Going to implement this in the next update, but for testers I guess. Here is the newest version of the debug menu I made. Fixed unlocks all clothes to support new update and the upcoming valentines day event. Added quick start for anime branch, MC can get shorter now due to the anime branch. Also made it more visible that there is a menu.

Place the file in .\bmotv_0_5_4_a2_alpha__windows\Managed
Download: PIXELDRAIN
any possibility of a menu of femdemic?

2.90 star(s) 42 Votes