4.10 star(s) 166 Votes

Facilus

Futa/Femboy/T-Girl/Cunny Lover
Donor
Nov 2, 2020
I guess in the end the people pressure and high expectation really get to Doc and make him hate every mention about release date, I don't think it was simple that he want to milk his supporters but that shit from his life and harsh criticized burned him out and make him have that kind of attitude. I don't know what happen to him but I think he just done being nice and forgiving
Welp, 10/28 will make a year that I've cancelled my subscription in his subscribestar page due to exactly that reason, the lack of updates, since then I always watched this thread and unfortunately, the situation barely changed since that time, so the burn out is serious shit, it's a shame, it's a good game, would be a pleasure to support if it had more updates, the same goes to his other project.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Could someone tell me if Bones decided to abandon his other game?
Don't think there has been any word on abandonment/on-hold to his other project, supposedly a new update would have como in September, it was already projected for August but then October hits and is about to end so... Fingers crossed for before New Year? :^v

4lex

Oct 12, 2017
the dev has a life to live as well and they well put a update out when they can. i am not tring to upset people but just because some one makes a game and you give them money does not mean you yell jump and they say how high lol. i do hope dr bones will put an update out when there ready
in fact this is the "patreon system" who encourage to be slow has possible. The more slower you are the more money you make, this is a fact and this is absurd. In all of history on our economical system, you'r paid WHEN you sell a product or a service and that is the best way to do. Who want to pay 5$*12 (60$) for just one update, this is absurd but yeah, this is the system so...

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
in fact this is the "patreon system" who encourage to be slow has possible. The more slower you are the more money you make, this is a fact and this is absurd. In all of history on our economical system, you'r paid WHEN you sell a product or a service and that is the best way to do. Who want to pay 5$*12 (60$) for just one update, this is absurd but yeah, this is the system so...
I've kept an eye on this thread for years now, but I'm very hesitant to bother with it, let alone support it for those exact reasons.
For games of a proper scope the Kickstarter system actually is a lot better. You plan your features, budget for them & set stretch goals for which you also budget.
But nothing's infallible, we've seen Kickstarter projects fail and never get delivered as well. But at least, if it delivers ... you get a finished product.

As for Patreon itself ...
Patreon encourages the 'never ending, ongoing' type of game DEV. I've seen several games of that type, that've been in DEV for years upon years and years. However, it only works if your monthly payments actually get you a decent return.
Otherwise, you kind of feel ripped off. Like you mentioned, $5/Month is a full $60 game each year, so (independant of this specific game really) ... if you get like half an update with maybe an hour of game time for that ... yeah.

On the other hand, I also don't like the perpetual DEV cycle itself, since a game can be milked forever. It's like ... never finished.
4 years, 5 years, 6, 7 years & more ... just keeps going. I'm not a fan since I never like getting into the game as long as it's not finished.
You either end up with an unfinished story (thus cliffhangers). Or if there is some kind of story resolution, you'll always have played the lesser version. I don't tend to replay games, so playing an incomplete thing kinda sucks.
Going back into a game just to check out 5 CG's & some story tweaks ain't worth replaying the whole thing either.

P.S.
That's my take on it though. I do feel like there's merit to the Patreon system for the DEV if they wanna go the perpetual DEV route or don't have enough certainty to budget up front (and also, a 6 year delivery time on a Kickstarter ain't gonna fly).
And if they offer a steady stream of updates, I'm sure many people will like that well enough.

TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
the dev has a life to live as well and they well put a update out when they can. i am not trying to upset people but just because some one makes a game and you give them money does not mean you yell jump and they say how high lol. i do hope dr bones will put an update out when there ready
In that case they should pause their patreon or lower the price when they cant work on their game instead of abusing a system that automatically takes money from people every month regardless of the work that's being done on the product.

Last edited:

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well kick starter has it's down side too. my brother gave money to a group of for give my french but cock sucking money thief's who tolk every ones money and ran off with it. i hope some one finds them and shuves a hot poker up there asses.lol

• Haha
Reactions: zenzaxaznez

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
In that case they should pause their patreon or lower the price when they cant work on their game instead of abusing a system that automatically takes money from people every month regardless of the work that's being done on the product.
Or they should 'charge per major update' but no dev has the decency to do that these days, hence why games these days takes many months to give updates because the devs get paid regardless.

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
It all boils down to both sides of the equation, the customers and the dev, that is.

How so? Well, let me ask you... if you are paying a monthly fee for a "service" (I know Patreon isn't like that, but for the sake of the example let's suppose it works like that) and you're not getting said "service", why even keep paying? It's like a no brainer at that point and the dev isn't and shouldn't be responsible for babysitting people on how to spend their money.

Granted, that doesn't mean the dev should not care about it either. Devs can either pause pledges (like you suggested) or even charge only for major updates, like someone else has said above. And let's not forget notifying their Patreons via the according means what is happening. If I was supporting someone, I should have info on the progress they're doing with the project I'm pledging money month to month for and any issue/change of pace should be notified so I can make a decision on whether or not keep supporting them.

If for example, the game I'm supporting is going to be left out (even if not entirely, but let's say it has priority below 30%) from the focused "dev time" for a couple of months, I would really like to know about it so I can decide whether or not support it during that "off" time. And yes, I know these pledges usually help the dev handle monthly expenses as it's their full time job for some, but I vow for more thought-through expenses from the supporters, especially when the project they are "funding" isn't moving.

The Doc has always said "It's not an obligation to support me" and I applaud that, the guy isn't victimizing himself so you support him out of pity and even thought this doesn't mean he can't do more in regards to how he handles his Patreon, it also means that whoever keeps supporting him while also bitching about the delays and whatnot (while informed about the current status, mind you!) should be clever enough to make a decision on whether or not keep that support each month, otherwise you're like a cat kicking itself in the face and wondering who the culprit is.

Reactions: applecart

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
bestiality events with vera are not in the gallery? are there more beastly events with other girls?
Repeatable scenes are not in the gallery. As for the other girls, only Martha x Dog TJ/BJ and Mia x Dog HJ. Unless you count Jules into the mix, then that one also has a horse TJ.

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
little question . What does it make any difference to give the diamonds to the police or to the thief?
Well, you give it to whoever you want to bang, that's it for now. There supposed to be another night with them yet to be developed, but we have no info on what the consequences/benefits of giving the diamonds to any of them are.

4.10 star(s) 166 Votes