4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
Okay, people keep coming here with no knowledge about the details surrounding the development of this game, so I'm just going to write up a quick explanation, bookmark it and link this post in the future when people come back asking about the Abandoned-tag:

Bones' Tales: The Manor isn't officially abandoned in the sense that Doctor Bones supposedly still has the game in active development. According to him updates are coming, though we have no idea when and limited information regarding what that would entail.
The reason it has the Abandoned-tag is that it has been a very long time since the last update (half a year since reworking some scenes, at least twice that since last time the game received actual new content), and that there is - as far as we know - no new updates coming in the foreseeable future. Updates may be coming eventually, as Bones claims, at which point I suppose the tag might be removed.
EDIT: The game as since been updated, obviously, and the abandoned-tag removed. But this is still the reason it had the tag.
EDIT2: And the Abandoned-tag is back... fascinating.

If you want to know more about the events surrounding Doctor Bones and this game, check out my summary of why people see Doctor Bones as a scumbag. Otherwise everything has been discussed in this thread ad nauseam, so if you still want to know more just give a browse of the last dozen pages or so.

Last edited:

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Okay, people keep coming here with no knowledge about the details surrounding the development of this game, so I'm just going to write up a quick explanation, bookmark it and link this post in the future when people come back asking about the Abandoned-tag:

Bones' Tales: The Manor isn't officially abandoned in the sense that Doctor Bones supposedly still has the game in active development. According to him updates are coming, though we have no idea when and limited information regarding what that would entail.
The reason it has the Abandoned-tag is that it has been a very long time since the last update (half a year since reworking some scenes, at least twice that since last time the game received actual new content), and that there is - as far as we know - no new updates coming in the foreseeable future. Updates may be coming eventually, as Bones claims, at which point I suppose the tag might be removed.

If you want to know more about the events surrounding Doctor Bones and this game, check out my summary of why people see Doctor Bones as a scumbag. Otherwise everything has been discussed in this thread ad nauseam, so if you still want to know more just give a browse of the last dozen pages or so.
TL;DR sorry but he made himself look like a scumbag, and he did remake the scenes enough times that by the time he delivers his well so called ´´hard date updates´´ there may be better games to come out that actually bury this game because of his lack of creativity by putting a lot of focus on scenes that shoulda been left the way it is and actually put effort on game development by giving a start, middle and finale part lmao!

closing TL;DR.

now remember he told everyone he had/has or still have? kidney issues or something like that???? sooooo like xD its hard to follow someone like that when its radio silent and not gives to their supporters clear info instead of playing a dead man skeleton irl and getting loads of income for absolutely purposely doing nothing
WeirdChamp

Reactions: AmazonessKing

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
TL;DR sorry but he made himself look like a scumbag, and he did remake the scenes enough times that by the time he delivers his well so called ´´hard date updates´´ there may be better games to come out that actually bury this game because of his lack of creativity by putting a lot of focus on scenes that shoulda been left the way it is and actually put effort on game development by giving a start, middle and finale part lmao!

closing TL;DR.

now remember he told everyone he had/has or still have? kidney issues or something like that???? sooooo like xD its hard to follow someone like that when its radio silent and not gives to their supporters clear info instead of playing a dead man skeleton irl and getting loads of income for absolutely purposely doing nothing
WeirdChamp
I'm a little confused by the tone of your post, especially since it was made quoting mine, but are you assuming that I'm a Bones supporter and trying to antagonize me? Tone can be hard to read when you're communicating through text so I may be wrong, but that's the impression I got.

For clarifications sake, I'm not a Bones-supporter, and I do agree that his behavior makes him a scumbag. I'm not defending him, and the point of writing that post was not to claim that the Abandoned-tag was a mistake or undeserved, but simply to have an objective explanation of the situation written down to be shared with people who come here and are confused and/or disappointed with seeing the game marked as abandoned.
Regardless of what I think of Bones, what I wrote is the truth. I even linked my own recounting of why he's a scumbag (which includes the reasons you just mentioned), which I would think suggests that I agree that's what he is.

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
I'm a little confused by the tone of your post, especially since it was made quoting mine, but are you assuming that I'm a Bones supporter and trying to antagonize me? Tone can be hard to read when you're communicating through text so I may be wrong, but that's the impression I got.

For clarifications sake, I'm not a Bones-supporter, and I do agree that his behavior makes him a scumbag. I'm not defending him, and the point of writing that post was not to claim that the Abandoned-tag was a mistake or undeserved, but simply to have an objective explanation of the situation written down to be shared with people who come here and are confused and/or disappointed with seeing the game marked as abandoned.
Regardless of what I think of Bones, what I wrote is the truth. I even linked my own recounting of why he's a scumbag (which includes the reasons you just mentioned), which I would think suggests that I agree that's what he is.
Yes, you were right. i thought that very same you mentioned in which i apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding
chikaPls

We gud :D

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
would any one know games with a similar style?
People have asked similar questions before, and I have to ask in return: similar style of what? Which part, specifically, would you like to be similar to this game? The art style? The gameplay? The fetishes? One particular fetish? The writing? Some combination thereof?

Simply saying "similar" on its own can mean too many things. One could interpret it to mean any of those things, which would result in a lot of very different suggestions, or it could mean all of them, which may not exist.

Jimthesim

Jul 15, 2022
People have asked similar questions before, and I have to ask in return: similar style of what? Which part, specifically, would you like to be similar to this game? The art style? The gameplay? The fetishes? One particular fetish? The writing? Some combination thereof?

Simply saying "similar" on its own can mean too many things. One could interpret it to mean any of those things, which would result in a lot of very different suggestions, or it could mean all of them, which may not exist.
sorry didnt think that much information was needed. similar to this game in everything but the beast stuff.

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
sorry didnt think that much information was needed. similar to this game in everything but the beast stuff.
Don't worry, it's not as though the information is "needed" in that there are rules or anything (not that I'm aware of, anyway), and more just that making the question more specific can lead to more useful answers.

But similar in every way except the beastiality stuff... so similar art, gameplay and fetishes. Hm. That's a tough one. It's a lot of boxes to tick.

Allowing a little leeway, Town of Passion and Daily Lives of My Countryside have been frequently recommended in this thread in the past, and both have similarities to Bones Tales: The Manor. They both have 2D art, are RPGMaker games, have young-looking male player characters and both feature incest, among other things. Daily Lives is probably closer to The Manor gameplay-wise, whereas Town of Passion has quite a few more-or-less inventive puzzles and run-away-from-the-enemy combat.
I've also seen Summertime Saga recommended a bunch of times by a lot of people who seem to think it's the best thing ever, but I haven't tried that one myself and can't personally say it's a suitable alternative. It seems superficially similar and is highly rated, so it might be worth a look.

Jimthesim

Jul 15, 2022
Don't worry, it's not as though the information is "needed" in that there are rules or anything (not that I'm aware of, anyway), and more just that making the question more specific can lead to more useful answers.

But similar in every way except the beastiality stuff... so similar art, gameplay and fetishes. Hm. That's a tough one. It's a lot of boxes to tick.

Allowing a little leeway, Town of Passion and Daily Lives of My Countryside have been frequently recommended in this thread in the past, and both have similarities to Bones Tales: The Manor. They both have 2D art, are RPGMaker games, have young-looking male player characters and both feature incest, among other things. Daily Lives is probably closer to The Manor gameplay-wise, whereas Town of Passion has quite a few more-or-less inventive puzzles and run-away-from-the-enemy combat.
I've also seen Summertime Saga recommended a bunch of times by a lot of people who seem to think it's the best thing ever, but I haven't tried that one myself and can't personally say it's a suitable alternative. It seems superficially similar and is highly rated, so it might be worth a look.
thanks I was trying to be spacific but not write alot, I been busy and was trying to get everything out quick.

EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
When and what was the last Bones said anything about an update in his Discord? I don't follow either Discord/Patreon and I only half-assed my way through a search of this thread.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes