4.10 star(s) 165 Votes

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
How to unlock state events?
I can't trigger doyle's scene:

You need to have had a scene with Doyle (in the basement) you trigger the event by using Doyle's ring and having MC say that Doyle isn't responding.

Pls Help!!!

There are many helpful links in the OP, Use the Change logs as a road map, make sure to complete the events of one version before attempting events in the next. The Walkthrough covers events up to Ver .03 (sounds like you are beyond that) then The Guide maintained by Golem98 carries you up to the current version.

Cheers!!

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
thread updated 2019/01/22.

It has been close to 1/3 of a year since the last update and he hasn't released anything about the new game, so is he abandoning the game? Or maybe milking atm?

Or is he creating his own game engine since it's taking so long?

If he is using the rpg maker again for his next project then this seems like an excessive amount of time to use for creating the demo for his new build (considering he isn't working any normal job at all and is free 24/7 365 atm. to work on his games, "if" he is working on them atm. i suppose, he did mention he was burned out some months ago).

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
thread updated 2019/01/22.

It has been close to 1/3 of a year since the last update and he hasn't released anything about the new game, so is he abandoning the game? Or maybe milking atm?

Or is he creating his own game engine since it's taking so long?

If he is using the rpg maker again for his next project then this seems like an excessive amount of time to use for creating the demo for his new build (considering he isn't working any normal job at all and is free 24/7 365 atm. to work on his games, "if" he is working on them atm. i suppose, he did mention he was burned out some months ago).
Check out the OP. Read the Spoiler under the yellow header about the Patreon scandal. Read the thread, look at the Discord server, check out his Trello, He has answered this exact type of question several times and will probably pop in and do so again.

Cheers!!

Reactions: lucifer66666

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
I do know about the patreon scandal, but that was months ago, and i also looked at the discord and he hasn't posted any signs of being close to a update, his trello have been at the "update nearly complete" stage for months as well.

I suppose he might have answered the question before, but not with any signs off any update.
His patreon haven't been updated in a long time as well. (And the updated sketch is the exact same sketch that he made nearly a year ago, which was a sketch he made for fun, but said he might use for something later on.
Also the sketch he posted didn't even have anything changed at all, from the original sketch, so it's basically a repost with new texts to it.)

Don't get me wrong, i think he's a nice guy, the hiatus has just been quite strong atm. and it concerns me that he haven't posted anything about the update in a long time.

Reactions: Piggy69

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
I do know about the patreon scandal, but that was months ago, and i also looked at the discord and he hasn't posted any signs of being close to a update, his trello have been at the "update nearly complete" stage for months as well.

I suppose he might have answered the question before, but not with any signs off any update.
His patreon haven't been updated in a long time as well. (And the updated sketch is the exact same sketch that he made nearly a year ago, which was a sketch he made for fun, but said he might use for something later on.
Also the sketch he posted didn't even have anything changed at all, from the original sketch, so it's basically a repost with new texts to it.)

Don't get me wrong, i think he's a nice guy, the hiatus has just been quite strong atm. and it concerns me that he haven't posted anything about the update in a long time.
Well, if you have read all of that then you know that this game is now a hobby / passion as it has been demonetized. The other projects that are Patreon friendly will be getting all of t he compute cycles until he has a product to keep money coming in. He has to live to program, if he has to get a full-time job, there will be little time for writing games.

Cheers!!

rfsniper

Nov 25, 2017
Ah, I hope things are okay at least for Dr. Bones. I know it can be a vicious cycle and a catch-22:
It takes money and time to program, but too much of either taken from the players, and they slow donating, which slows the game, which makes people donate even less, etc...

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
Well, if you have read all of that then you know that this game is now a hobby / passion as it has been demonetized. The other projects that are Patreon friendly will be getting all of t he compute cycles until he has a product to keep money coming in. He has to live to program, if he has to get a full-time job, there will be little time for writing games.

Cheers!!
Well i think it's fair enough to say it's a hobby/ passion project for him atm.
But the man said himself that he had "all these backup plans" if patreon demonetized the manor, but then when they did demonetize the game, he seemed to have no backup at all.

He also said that he would continue on finishing the manor and focus on working on it like he already did at the time, even if he got no money for it and it got shut down.
But then when it got shut down and he get's no money from it, he does a 180 degrees on that statement and throws out a new statement of "i can't work on the manor as my main project anymore, since i got demonetized".

So the only reason i got annoyed by the slow state of the game, is _because_ he said all those things in the past, throwing all that honey out and then changing his statements completely.

If he hadn't said all those nice things about having backup plans and doing this and that, then it would have been fine and i wouldn't have been annoyed.
Like, just don't lie man. That stuff really breaks trust, as i thought he was a great guy and good creator until all the lying.

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
Well i think it's fair enough to say it's a hobby/ passion project for him atm.
But the man said himself that he had "all these backup plans" if patreon demonetized the manor, but then when they did demonetize the game, he seemed to have no backup at all.

He also said that he would continue on finishing the manor and focus on working on it like he already did at the time, even if he got no money for it and it got shut down.
But then when it got shut down and he get's no money from it, he does a 180 degrees on that statement and throws out a new statement of "i can't work on the manor as my main project anymore, since i got demonetized".

So the only reason i got annoyed by the slow state of the game, is _because_ he said all those things in the past, throwing all that honey out and then changing his statements completely.

If he hadn't said all those nice things about having backup plans and doing this and that, then it would have been fine and i wouldn't have been annoyed.
Like, just don't lie man. That stuff really breaks trust, as i thought he was a great guy and good creator until all the lying.
I would not call it lying. I would call it the reality of your income stream (job) suddenly going away and doing what is necessary to not end up on the streets. He has to eat, he has to pay bills. Confronted with the reality of your paycheck stopping you do what you have to do.

I am just thankful for what we have of the game, hopeful that there will be more and patiently waiting for the next installment in the story. Berating the man isn't going to change his current situation.

Cheers!!

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
I would not call it lying. I would call it the reality of your income stream (job) suddenly going away and doing what is necessary to not end up on the streets. He has to eat, he has to pay bills. Confronted with the reality of your paycheck stopping you do what you have to do.

I am just thankful for what we have of the game, hopeful that there will be more and patiently waiting for the next installment in the story. Berating the man isn't going to change his current situation.

Cheers!!
I agree that berating him won't change his current situation, and please, don't say he will end up on the street and be left with no food after such a short time as that is just stupidly over-dramatic.
I don't think he sustains himself only on the finest caviar and lives in a huge mansion, people always overreact on the issue of money.

It's not really that tough to pay your bills even on a part time job if needed, like you can live on your own for quite a low income without issue and the guy doesn't have a wife or kids, so i don't think he has a high cost of living.
Unless you use your money on a lot of stupid stuff (cigarettes, prostitutes, expensive restaurants, designer clothes and so on) but at that point it's your own fault.

The man even had a ko-fi right after his patreon went down, where people still donated quite a bit of money, so he wouldn't even be close to homeless after his patreon went down, so don't try to make an appeal for pathos.

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
He also used to work so efficiently back when he started out and had a full time job, he even managed to put out monthly content at the time.

So that is another reason why i get confused at the big amount of time this new game is taking.
He doesn't stream anymore either, except for that 1 stream he did that was none game related.

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
He also used to work so efficiently back when he started out and had a full time job, he even managed to put out monthly content at the time.

So that is another reason why i get confused at the big amount of time this new game is taking.
He doesn't stream anymore either, except for that 1 stream he did that was none game related.
Man, I am not going to argue about this, I just pointed out the realities of life that he may be dealing with. We know straight from him that he was burned out from working so much on the game, we know that he is starting a new game that can be on Patreon, we know that all of the art has to be created for the new characters of the game, we know that creating the new animations for the new game is starting from scratch as well.

When he works on The Manor, he has a bit of a portfolio to pull from to make the drawing and animation go a bit easier, he has no such advantage with the new project.

We have seen his artwork improve over the course of The Manor, to such a point that if he is going for the same level while creating the new game, that will take time to get it where he is happy with the look of the new characters.

Am I waiting patiently for the new game and more content for the current game? Yes.

Does my entire life revolve around any game I play? No, I play as stress relief, I appreciate well drawn art and his style.

I don't get that wrapped up in the drama.

Do I give lazy people / noobs a hard time and try to teach them to fish? YES!

Cheers!!

Reactions: yoyomistro

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
Hahaha ^^

Well, it was entertaining enough i suppose, i kind of wanted to see if i could make you come up with some more interesting excuses for someone you very likely don't know irl.

Also lazy people? Teaching "noobs" to fish? (a bit cringe mate)
Interesting statements to throw at strangers.
You don't know neither my work schedule, nor do you know Bones's.
I might work long hours or i might not, the same for Bones's, but it seems you're calling people that complain on a pirate forum, for lazy, while not giving that same gesture to Bones's (in this case).

I'll be honest, i might be completely wrong about Bones's work schedule and he might be an amazing worker, or he might not, i don't know and neither do you.
It just is always amusing to see how far some people will go (in terms of excuses) defending someone they don't know at all, other than maybe a few messages being send back and forth between them.

And yea, responding to people usually won't do you much so think of it like this.
How often do you ever see opinions being changed through debates (and be honest to yourself), it rarely happens unless it's an opinion that can be disproved through some factual means.
And it's even tougher if it's someone you don't know, or someone who is being hostile.
So the change of me changing your opinion will be close to 0 and the same goes for you changing mine, unless you have some proof of Bones having done any work at all in the last few months time, as we can both only guess otherwise.

And no one ever said your life revolved around any games and also, good on you if it gives you relief i suppose.
Cheers mate ^^

blablablasd123

Sep 9, 2018
There were lies. Before the Patreon was taken down he was already supposed to have been working on the update for months. Then he said he was getting a bit burned out and this update was taking longer than he wanted but it was "almost finished" and promised it within the next week or two, that was in March. THEN it all changed to "Sorry people expect an update someday maybe eventually." The Patreon thing was blown out of proportion and used as an excuse to deflect from the fact that it was never as close to finished as he was saying. So that's the part that's kinda lame.

I get it, nobody is a perfectly honest saint, nobody works as hard and as fast as possible 100% of the time, life happens. It's a pretty cool game so just bookmark it and check back real quick once a month. I don't see why this conversation is still happening. Ignore the occasional pleb who barely speaks english asking about updates.

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
Hahaha ^^

Well, it was entertaining enough i suppose, i kind of wanted to see if i could make you come up with some more interesting excuses for someone you very likely don't know irl.

Also lazy people? Teaching "noobs" to fish? (a bit cringe mate)
Interesting statements to throw at strangers.
You don't know neither my work schedule, nor do you know Bones's.
I might work long hours or i might not, the same for Bones's, but it seems you're calling people that complain on a pirate forum, for lazy, while not giving that same gesture to Bones's (in this case).

I'll be honest, i might be completely wrong about Bones's work schedule and he might be an amazing worker, or he might not, i don't know and neither do you.
It just is always amusing to see how far some people will go (in terms of excuses) defending someone they don't know at all, other than maybe a few messages being send back and forth between them.

And yea, responding to people usually won't do you much so think of it like this.
How often do you ever see opinions being changed through debates (and be honest to yourself), it rarely happens unless it's an opinion that can be disproved through some factual means.
And it's even tougher if it's someone you don't know, or someone who is being hostile.
So the change of me changing your opinion will be close to 0 and the same goes for you changing mine, unless you have some proof of Bones having done any work at all in the last few months time, as we can both only guess otherwise.

And no one ever said your life revolved around any games and also, good on you if it gives you relief i suppose.
Cheers mate ^^
The lazy people / teaching people (N00BS) to fish doesn't refer to you [ A concatenation of the old saw "Give a man a fish {easy answer} he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish {use the available resources and the thread} and he eats for life]. That is all of the people who pop in and ask a question that is fully covered in the Walkthrough or The Guide. First rule is read the OP and look for the helpful information someone has already taken the time to compile for you (generic you, not you specifically).

As to the rest, like I said, not really debating here just pointing out the realities of life.

Just patiently waiting.

Cheers!!

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
I already knew what you meant mate i'm not 5 years old, the way you said it was just a bit overly cringey.

And the thing i wanted to convey (albeit i admit i did it in too aggressive a manner) was something along the line of what
blablablasd123 wrote.

I was a supporter for a long time and i got a bit annoyed after returning home from overseas and seeing the game had not gone anywhere, so i felt a bit lied to and frustrated that he hadn't even written anything about his progress or anything, that was all.

And yea ofc. we will wait and see.
Hopefully he will update at some point and it will be a good update.

Oseo Bones

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
I've stopped trying to make ALL the players happy a long time ago... it is imposible.

You can be disappointed, you can call me a liar and a milker (also milk-drinker).
You can also just wait for this FREE game.... (if you are donating on Patreon, you can stop, because, you know, THIS game is no longer there.)

Life has easy solutions to not so dramatic problems.

I'm tired of defending myself, and I don't mind losing fans... hell, right now I'd prefer to have fewer.

If people don't like the gaem or me... well, there are lot of other much greater devs with much greater games than mine.... life is full of choices.

But for now, let us relax... here, listen to some good music:

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 165 Votes