4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

Dragox_98

Feb 12, 2018
I'm doing what the guide says but I can't activate the new events even tho I have all the other scenes unlocked, the envelope or the gifts wont apepar, do old saves not work or something?

Papy.ion6984

Engaged Member
May 16, 2017

flossy123

Jun 7, 2017
is there a proper way to end the Halloween event other than going to bed? cuz i do all 4 scenes and go back to sleep and there are no presents in the attic.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Really hate that clock sound ... enough already with the tick-tock, its annoying af.:(

Edit. Setting music volume to zero turns off the clock ...

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Is there any hope for Android port for this game??? I really like this game.
An official release from the Doc? Highly unlikely at this point. He's focusing on the Patreon friendly game atm and The Manor and he already has plans for more games (obviously he won't start development of any of those at this time, cause handling 2 games at once is certainly taxing as is).

However, I wouldn't discard a fan-made unofficial port if someone ever feels/has the need to make one. Obviously I'm speculating since I don't know jackshit about the complications of porting a RPGMaker game to mobile but seeing as many games have gotten unofficial ports at one point, I wouldn't discard the chance BUT I won't be too eager to wait for something like that any time soon.

Doublefrost

Jun 29, 2017
Huh. No idea how long ago that patreon scandal was but it's really more of a pain in the ass than anything else to restructure VX Ace for patches. It's only barely more work than doing it for Ren'Py, since you could just throw a global scope line of script in literally any executed script to set a patch variable. Like, $forbidden_content = true if File.exists? Dir.pwd+'/incest.patch' - Then it could set up events to only show certain things if $forbidden_content is true just like some Ren'Py games that use empty patch files that activate content by existing. incest.patch file is in the game directory? Well, have fun!
I get that it's a principled stand, but it's something worth bearing in mind for anyone else that gets caught while doing an RPGM game. Plenty of perverts would be willing to help figure out and debug stupidly simple implementations, probably for free. The scripting language for VX Ace and XP is really similar to Python, while the scripting language for MV is a staple for every web developer ever. Have said my piece, going to give this game a shot.

Edit: VX Ace is extremely unfriendly to porting. I know you can run it in Linux/Mac with wine but who the hell knows for a mobile. I'm not sure wine for android would run it. I think you can run MV games on mobile, right? Well, it's complicated and a lot of work to port any Ace game to MV. Mainly because the scripting languages are different, and RPG Maker games use lots of custom scripts they just download from the internet. Most don't have anyone that knows how to code or how any of the stuff works beyond setting up events and maps so porting is beyond their ability.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: iihemo and SrZurdo
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes