4.10 star(s) 165 Votes

fallen64

Mar 15, 2018
I'm not sure how much coding knowledge it requires but I'm sure it involves some level of it, at least depending on what you want to do.

For example, Unreal Engine has something called "Blueprints" which are pretty much default scripts/coding to make a character move, jump, etc. but if you want to do something more elaborate (say like program a dance move or something not implemented in the base files) you'll need to modify or create a new "Blueprint" and it requires a bit of coding to do so.

Of course take this with a grain of salt since I've never messed with any version of RPGMaker so I'm just guessing based on little personal experience in game engines cause UE, CryEngine and even the Creation Kit do require some coding if you want to do something specific.
so heres the thing. i want to make a game like this one. im a good lewd artist but i cant code to save my life. so i wanted to know if Doc used any coding or was it all form RPG MAKER.

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
so heres the thing. i want to make a game like this one. im a good lewd artist but i cant code to save my life. so i wanted to know if Doc used any coding or was it all form RPG MAKER.
You don't really need to be able to code in rpg maker, as there are a lot of already made plugins that you can use for free, after you buy the program.

Rpg maker itself is also quite easy to use, and it has a big community where you can find a lot of guides on how to do many different things, and if you have questions on anything, then you can usually ask someone on some forum about it and get some answers.

The only way were it becomes a bit code heavy is if you want to make custom made plugins for your game, as you then have to make them yourself (or commission someone to do it i guess.)

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
To complement on Kilgur's answer, there's also many custom code scripts (similar to plugins) made by the community, but since I've never tried to mess around in RPGMaker I don't know the process to implement them to an existing project. I do not know if they work as plugins (files) or if you have to add the lines of code to the main file like if you were writing it.

Last edited:

fallen64

Mar 15, 2018
You don't really need to be able to code in rpg maker, as there are a lot of already made plugins that you can use for free, after you buy the program.

Rpg maker itself is also quite easy to use, and it has a big community where you can find a lot of guides on how to do many different things, and if you have questions on anything, then you can usually ask someone on some forum about it and get some answers.

The only way were it becomes a bit code heavy is if you want to make custom made plugins for your game, as you then have to make them yourself (or commission someone to do it i guess.)
oh ok. thank you :)

TheBigPebis

Apr 6, 2018
Well guys, I guess I'll just have to check up on this thread next month, since, yet again, the man can't keep his word. I used to defend him about this, but you can't say you're gonna do something, and then not do it. Either tell people what's going on, or continue to deal with the complaints from people about you being dishonest.

Jan 30, 2019
"Fan base vs the Doc"
This time no one is flaming (surprisingly). Almost everyone are watching for the next meme in the comments. We heard that there is an underground betting competition of how much update dates the doc can skip until the update comes.But nothing is sure until the next flamespitter comes. Enjoy the show.

4.10 star(s) 165 Votes