4.10 star(s) 166 Votes

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Goda say mate you have the patience of a saint to KEEP answering the same old question time and time again!!!
Trust me, it gets tiresome at some point, especially when they get the answer they are looking for and still want it answered...

It's like, just read, my dude? I can't physically or psychically push the info into people's brains so they don't have to read either hahaha

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Trust me, it gets tiresome at some point, especially when they get the answer they are looking for and still want it answered...

It's like, just read, my dude? I can't physically or psychically push the info into people's brains so they don't have to read either hahaha
I do wonder if some people can read they certainly do not know how to do a search, or do you think it is pure idleness and wanting to be spoon fed? it is a game after all and part of the fun (frustration )is surely about finding the way through it, But I think the search engine does need more highlighting / praise to get people to use throughout F95 to get people to use it. Good luck to you and my sympathy Cheers

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I do wonder if some people can read they certainly do not know how to do a search, or do you think it is pure idleness and wanting to be spoon fed? it is a game after all and part of the fun (frustration )is surely about finding the way through it, But I think the search engine does need more highlighting / praise to get people to use throughout F95 to get people to use it. Good luck to you and my sympathy Cheers
Yeah, some of the spoonfeeding issue is probably real as we usually get accustomed to receive and get info quick without much search. I mean, if you ever had to go to a library to look for info on a book you can't just Ctrl + F to quick search the contents of the page, at the quickest you can skim through the text and even then it's certainly slower so yep, the quick access to info made us lazy.

Also the search bar is indeed useful but can be a bit weird at first cause if you wanna search info in the thread, you need to be in the thread to do so. That in itself isn't too weird but after you search for something in the thread, you can't just type another thing in the search results and find something from the same thread, you gotta get back to the thread and search yet again. Also it has some problems here and there with search results, particularly with keywords (not tags, that's different haha). Often times I found 2 or 3 comments that didn't have the keyword in them, which was kinda weird but not that big of a deal.

Otherwise, it's a good search bar but gotta know what you doing. How? Try and error! haha But yeah, the "getting shit quick" kind of thing makes it difficult for people to dedicate a couple of minutes looking.

Coldorax

Dec 4, 2017
So proposal for everyone to keep their sanity: what if we moved the FAQs to the front page? By that I mean replacing the word Guide with FAQs literally.
Also about spoonfeeding, whoever was responsible of you put you down and made you walk on your own for a reason so please try doing the same here.

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
So proposal for everyone to keep their sanity: what if we moved the FAQs to the front page? By that I mean replacing the word Guide with FAQs literally.
Also about spoonfeeding, whoever was responsible of you put you down and made you walk on your own for a reason so please try doing the same here.
HAH!
Mate, never underestimate other people's intelligence and laziness.

Coldorax

Dec 4, 2017
When bones comes back with an update I hope he'll post your how-to thread on the main page so that everyone can see.
I'm gonna be honest with you here, it won't matter. Most people here have an allergy towards reading or something- best thing to do is to let it pass otherwise you might get an aneurism

4.10 star(s) 166 Votes