4.10 star(s) 166 Votes

clarky

Jun 5, 2017
This is the update post by Dr. Bones:

REPORT + Monthly Drawing (December) - *Officer Claire *

Hi guys... so, As you noticed, these reports became non-weekly, and I decided to go with it and just make them "wheneverly". Regardless, I've been making these more often that in the past. So we should be grateful for that at least.

I've been sketching and finally inking ALL of Mia's re-works plus the new "first sex" pictures. And In a couple of day I will send them to Anemona for her to start applying the base colors and shadows. In the meanwhile, I will be working on the coding for those events and when she os done with the paiting, I'll add the details and make the animations. and then "paste" everything together... I got nothing more to say about The Manor right now. Besides the art and some random code work I've also being working on the other game.

Now, for those who are wondering about dates... As always, I won't say anything specific... BUT, I'm aiming for a second half of January update.

So, 0.17 will have a new Mia scene plus 3 scene reworks (plus some other goodies). Now, just to make this clear, (again) the re-works means that I made everything from ground up again, I'm not just "tweaking" art... I'm making new ones: Improved art, improved animations Improved dialogues and improved coding. So I don't want to hear "iS it oNly rE-woRkS?". I'm also re-coding Mia first introduction scene + the peeping mini scene (now with subtle animation).

That's it for now. I'll try to make a new report soon(-ish)

And now the goodies...

So the winner of the previous poll was Claire with (surprisingly) 25% of all total votes. And the male companion for the scene was (not surprisingly) Doggo. I went with an non-canon "what if" alternative to the "Diamonds second Act" event. Claire was looking around for the "dice" that Officer Jules wanted. She looked around all over the garden until she tried around some bushes...
Cheers! What’s the photos?

Reactions: Etjen and jeje33

c4tx

Jun 8, 2017
I was out of the loop of this game for a long while. Is there any date for the next update, or a hint of the content?

ThompsonBalo

Jul 15, 2020
Weird, the game feels way older. Like way more than two years.
Why? Because of the graphics? That`s because rpg maker which that game is based on is an ancient technology by now. That`s why you don`t even get a 16:9 screen ratio in 2020 and why the option settings in these games are pretty much worthless. Not the fault of the developer but of the engine. Rpg maker is easy to use and that`s why it is so wide spread but it sure ain`t the technology of tomorrow.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Why? Because of the graphics? That`s because rpg maker which that game is based on is an ancient technology by now. That`s why you don`t even get a 16:9 screen ratio in 2020 and why the option settings in these games are pretty much worthless. Not the fault of the developer but of the engine. Rpg maker is easy to use and that`s why it is so wide spread but it sure ain`t the technology of tomorrow.
Isn't RPGMaker an originally japanese developed engine? That would explain the 800x600 aspect ratio. Hell, I laughed my ass off when I saw a japanese VN having the illustrations at 1024x768 and that being considered a breakthrough and take in account it was a relatively new game (can't remember which one tho, but saw it like 2 years ago). Japanese PC's normally don't focus on super resolutions - or well, standard ones in the West, those being 16:9 - and even though they can get better stuff, they stick to the classic (even if outdated) ones. I mean, last time I read about the technology they use, they still have faxes.

Reactions: ThompsonBalo

ThompsonBalo

Jul 15, 2020
Isn't RPGMaker an originally japanese developed engine? That would explain the 800x600 aspect ratio. Hell, I laughed my ass off when I saw a japanese VN having the illustrations at 1024x768 and that being considered a breakthrough and take in account it was a relatively new game (can't remember which one tho, but saw it like 2 years ago). Japanese PC's normally don't focus on super resolutions - or well, standard ones in the West, those being 16:9 - and even though they can get better stuff, they stick to the classic (even if outdated) ones. I mean, last time I read about the technology they use, they still have faxes.
Yes it is indeed and yes you are absolutely right. For a country that is so "technologically advanced" when it comes to IT and their games then Japan is ancient at best. I mean to be fair, I think the game is based on the rpg maker vx ace which came out in 2011 but even in 2011 I played my games already on a FHD 16:9 screen and not on a 4:3 cathode ray tube monitor and I doubt that the newer rpg maker versions are any better, I didn`t play on the new 2020 rpg maker engine so far but probably still 4:3 800x600.

I mean I don`t expect them to give me 4k HDR content for my 4k monitor, even so in 2020 4k is slowly becoming the new standard, but FHD is pretty much the standard since a decade and should be the bare minimum. But I know games that came out a few years ago and still only had their 720p "high resolution" settings at best.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
No. It's because it feels like it's been ages since I first played this game. Doesn't feel like it was as recent as 2018 at all.

The one Doc is using is RPG Maker VX Ace. There's RPG Maker MV and that has bigger resolutions. There's also the most recent one which released this september. RPG Maker MZ. Only seen one game use that though and it was pretty barebones.

I don't think it's meant to be the technology of tomorrow. It's meant to simulate those old RPG games like FF or Dragon Quest. Most of my fav games here are on RPGM too. I prefer it to Ren'Py when it comes to sandbox games like this.

beegemgeege

May 10, 2017
So the winner of the previous poll was Claire with (surprisingly) 25% of all total votes. And the male companion for the scene was (not surprisingly) Doggo. I went with an non-canon "what if" alternative to the "Diamonds second Act" event. Claire was looking around for the "dice" that Officer Jules wanted. She looked around all over the garden until she tried around some bushes...
Im definitely gonna need to see that image. For uuuhh... research purposes :LOL:

Reactions: c4tx and DB Cooper

_Rykon_

Mar 12, 2020
He said guide, not walkthrough tho...
Ok, for me a Walkthrough is a guide, but wtv....
The link on the 1st post links to the last conversation of this thread so either the link is broken or the "guide"/not walkthrough was removed...
Both things should be updated on the 1st post since the author has an updated walkthrough on discord, and whatever you understand as a guide is not there....

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Ok, for me a Walkthrough is a guide, but wtv....
The link on the 1st post links to the last conversation of this thread so either the link is broken or the "guide"/not walkthrough was removed...
Both things should be updated on the 1st post since the author has an updated walkthrough on discord, and whatever you understand as a guide is not there....
That stuff is linked to how many posts you are seeing per page. Change your settings to "20 per page" and retry the link. Voilà!

1609287895243.png

Also the "Walkthrough" in the Discord server is the same as the guide, just incorrectly labelled as a walkthrough, checked just in case and the wikia page, the PDF and the guide in here are the same.

For me the difference of guide and walkthrough is the former gives you a hint of what to do (guidance, if you will) and the latter is a proven step by step process to achieve a specific result, which taking that into account we could come to the conclusion that the guide is a walkthrough-esque thing as it describes certain ins and outs and whatnot while not telling you specifics per se... so there's that haha

TL;DR change your posts settings, the fabled guide/walkthrough is the same thing :HideThePain:

4.10 star(s) 166 Votes