4.10 star(s) 166 Votes

amir50cent

Oct 14, 2020
Eeeh, it looks like Bones code is be a bit messy :\. Please, find a programming pattern and stick to it. I am sure you are refactoring the code N times a week, and I know it is annoying when it happens.
About the art, I am sure you deal very well, but I remeber seing your code and it wasn't a piece of art. I would like to know if you need a hand.
I know, shoulda be annoying when another mothertrucker is complaining, when you try your best. But hey, will we judge mothetruckers, knowing that the main character of the game is a mothertrucker himself :)

• Love
Reactions: lollapoza

rfsniper

Nov 25, 2017
Dr. Bones is a whole joke. Trial, why do you moderate this thread when you get nothing out of it? The clown gives you nothing. The same jokes about his update patterns have been made for the past year and a half as far as I see. It's time to move on my guy

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Eeeh, it looks like Bones code is be a bit messy :\. Please, find a programming pattern and stick to it. I am sure you are refactoring the code N times a week, and I know it is annoying when it happens.
About the art, I am sure you deal very well, but I remeber seing your code and it wasn't a piece of art. I would like to know if you need a hand.
I know, shoulda be annoying when another mothertrucker is complaining, when you try your best. But hey, will we judge mothetruckers, knowing that the main character of the game is a mothertrucker himself :)
His code is pretty consistent, IMO. Maybe you're looking at the rigging and animation scripts and think those are messy? They're pretty well done, compared to other things I've seen and he's not even using live2D. It's commendable work.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Dr. Bones is a whole joke. Trial, why do you moderate this thread when you get nothing out of it? The clown gives you nothing. The same jokes about his update patterns have been made for the past year and a half as far as I see. It's time to move on my guy
Moderate the thread? How?

I'm only a cunt who answers questions about the game that users in here have and try to help out just because I can, I've never done it in search for approval or looking for a reward from either the Doc or anyone else.

Dragovich189

Jun 2, 2020
I wonder how many more updates are planned for after this upcoming update. We've barely scratched the surface with the whole 'paranormal' aspect of possession etc. and there's still a tonne to be updated from previous versions e.g. changing dialogue to actually match the state route you chose (Something long overdue imo). Not to mention there's likely to be FFM or even FFFM scenes in the future which we haven't seen a hint towards not to mention unfinished scenes like Yoga and groping scenes.

If this update really took an entire 6 months only to consist of Mia and Merchant (Maybe I'm wrong, it's just speculated/been hinted on Discord that these two are the main focus for this update), then we may well have to wait years for the game to finish/even reach the end stage.

No hate or disrespect to doc, I'm just worried about the pacing of the game and how long it'll take between even bigger updates. Hope doc considers a team for the future to help roll updates out quicker, even if they just focus on coding etc.

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
I wonder how many more updates are planned for after this upcoming update. We've barely scratched the surface with the whole 'paranormal' aspect of possession etc. and there's still a tonne to be updated from previous versions e.g. changing dialogue to actually match the state route you chose (Something long overdue imo). Not to mention there's likely to be FFM or even FFFM scenes in the future which we haven't seen a hint towards not to mention unfinished scenes like Yoga and groping scenes.

If this update really took an entire 6 months only to consist of Mia and Merchant (Maybe I'm wrong, it's just speculated/been hinted on Discord that these two are the main focus for this update), then we may well have to wait years for the game to finish/even reach the end stage.

No hate or disrespect to doc, I'm just worried about the pacing of the game and how long it'll take between even bigger updates. Hope doc considers a team for the future to help roll updates out quicker, even if they just focus on coding etc.
Even SS (which have already x times more content than this game 12 frame animations, much more characters + daily streams) will be completed sooner even if dc is updating 4 times a year (which is considered as slow) Manor on ther other hand wasn't updated for 6 months and counting & there is not even a hint it will get a new release in june.
Remember when doc started this game & gifted us with monthly updates, now the trend seems to be 1 or 2 updates once a year, same happen to Amity Park, Taffy Tales & Dandy Boy Adventures.
Milftoon Drama is abandoned but the lead artist left the studio because of oppression.
Looks like handdrawn h games are updated less and less in general.
Well, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel with titles like Confined With Godesses & SexNote which gets regular updates.

Last edited:

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
The passion for development new games died since 2019 mate, on these modern day's it's all about the money.
We still have good devs but 70% of them are just in for the money.
It went that path after the great patreon apocalypse started in 2018 which was no incest games & more restrictions
(it also affected Doc) many devs had a strange take on this that they decided to lay on the lazy skin instead of just meeting the new criteria.
Last hope is NLT-Media & MrDotsGames which are reliable devs for years but unfortunately that also shows what a rarity it has unfortunately become.

Last edited:

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
now the trend seems to be 1 or 2 updates once a year, ..., Dandy Boy Adventures.
Im only going to talk about Dandy boy Adventures, the devs of the game are active and explain why is taking X time etc, aswell the first time the game update took awhile almost 6months to make was because of android port and oni had a health problems, now this update has "Alot of changes", new content, new areas, sprites, etc and alot of coding to do so that is why its taking his time and everyone is excited for the update and they know it but they aint rushing it and releasing it full of bugs.
(but im understanding what u saying that alot of devs started to release their updates after 4-6 months when they were monthly or 2-2 months)

MrD5

Oct 30, 2018
I mean he claimed himself a twisted skeleton and the jokes about update never stop (maybe) when this game attracts so many new people. And how can you not see that all the jokes are just for fun?!!

Zer0un

Jul 19, 2020
Heya, just some constructive criticism. First and foremost, I love the sprites, and I'm really enjoying the game Dr Bones, thank you. Art is really good as well.

1) I am kinda eh about the "Go get Doyle" mechanic. I would personally like it if I didn't have to go all the way to his skeleton every time I wanted him. It would be nice if you could incorporate some form of easier access to Doyle.

2) I don't have experience with developing games like these, so I am not sure if this is required or not, but I would like the doors to just.. open. Rather than having to interact with them, and then waiting a second for the black screen. Very miniscule thing, just kinda a pet peeve. I know one way is simply making the door solid if locked, or just let it open with a open-door sprite on the tile to the right. Again, just a personal preference.

3) In my opinion, the repeated dialogue needs to be cut down, and/or a quicker dialogue skipping feature is needed. The dialogue itself is fine, but after we go through a scene once, we don't want to go through that exact same dialogue again, knowing exactly where it leads. I press ctrl throughout those, but it still takes a significant amount of time because there is a waiting time between the different dialogue boxes, so there's no skipping during that. Again personal preference, but this I think a lot of people will agree on.

That's about it for now, thank you for the awesome game! Also I love the music!

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
1) I am kinda eh about the "Go get Doyle" mechanic. I would personally like it if I didn't have to go all the way to his skeleton every time I wanted him. It would be nice if you could incorporate some form of easier access to Doyle.
There is, you just need to interact with the Merchant in the first half of the morning. She's in the front gate, she only appears AFTER you try to touch Martha at night and then you find her pills in her wardrobe's drawers. By then you ask Doyle about something to sell to her, you'll get a ring and a dagger. The ring is used to call him or get him go away on a whim, eliminating the need to go to the basement each time you want to get him to tag along.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oseo Bones

ReinertZerker

May 28, 2020
Faplog 2021:
It is now June 1st, past the initial believed date of release. I've not seen the sun for several months, my hair... Has all fallen out. By several more days of this torture I think my balls will explode from their wait. Commander Bones said last month... But now, me and my Crew thinks he's hoarding it all just for himself.
May God be with us, over and out.

Zer0un

Jul 19, 2020
There is, you just need to interact with the Merchant in the first half of the morning. She's in the front gate, she only appears AFTER you try to touch Martha at night and then yu find her pills in her wardrobe's drawers. By then you ask Doyle about something to sell to her, you'll get a ring and a dagger. The ring is used to call him or get him go away on a whim, eliminating the need to go to the basement each time you want to get him to tag along.
Oop, thanks a lot! I completely missed that.

4.10 star(s) 166 Votes