4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

Sanjimelorine

May 28, 2017
Pull your pledge if it bothers you so much.

...oh wait!
Stop playing all mighty over others.

... Oh wait :O (Nice Friendly Moderator)
I just adressed a cause nicely instead of accusing, look into my replies as well :3. Ain't no harm to that. However you are creating somewhat of a personal grudge right now? Aren't you the one who should be careful of things to NOT happen this way? OH MY... *snickers*

Jul 12, 2017
Agree with @Sanjimelorine. Looks like we have another case when a perspective developer is corrupted by Patreon money. Its funny how every time they get support - they start to work slower... and slower... and slower, despite stating to "quit their job" and dedicate their time to development. It's like a default behavioral pattern at this point. :)

Sanjimelorine

May 28, 2017
Agree with @Sanjimelorine. Looks like we have another case when a perspective developer is corrupted by Patreon money. Its funny how every time they get support - they start to work slower... and slower... and slower, despite stating to "quit their job" and dedicate their time to development. It's like a default behavioral pattern at this point. :)
Wait. Let us not rush to conclusions, I am just saying that as you said it is indeed a behavioral pattern that I too have noticed over time. I don't believe that this is the case, but in order for it to not become one such as above examples, we (patrons, pledgers, general fans) should be merciful to strict timing and program but not too much, for example I said, Dr. had half a month of from his initial release which should be OK, then he said in a couple of days the release will take place, which didn't happen, and then said in this week, which just ended yesterday, and today in his discord he said that neither today will he release it, you see where I am getting at? We should be elastic on time schedules but not too much. :3

Oseo Bones

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2017
I understand what you are saying @Sanjimelorine , and I know I should not have give a date for the release after the delay. I pretty new to this deadline thing to be honest, and my skills are still limited to my little experience in coding and, overall, game developer work. I can't convince everyone that I'm not trying to milk money nor lollygaggin with this. But this was just bad judgment from my part. I just want to make a good game, and several more good games after that, and yes, I would LOVE to make a living out of it. I always tried to be honest with everything I do here, but I have a lot to learn about this business. Regardless, I too am a gamer, and did witness a lot of games being abandoned or delayed indefinetly by their developers, so, I know what you mean.

I can only try my best to not fall in disgrace.

PS: Please let's keep it friendly, everyone has the rigth to speak their mind.

Sanjimelorine

May 28, 2017
I understand what you are saying @Sanjimelorine , and I know I should not have give a date for the release after the delay. I pretty new to this deadline thing to be honest, and my skills are still limited to my little experience in coding and, overall, game developer work. I can't convince everyone that I'm not trying to milk money nor lollygaggin with this. But this was just bad judgment from my part. I just want to make a good game, and several more good games after that, and yes, I would LOVE to make a living out of it. I always tried to be honest with everything I do here, but I have a lot to learn about this business. Regardless, I too am a gamer, and did witness a lot of games being abandoned or delayed indefinetly by their developers, so, I know what you mean.

I can only try my best to not fall in disgrace.

PS: Please let's keep it friendly, everyone has the rigth to speak their mind.
Firstly, your work is really good, so stop downplaying yourself by saying you are new, I had the same problem when I was starting, not too long ago, but I always was like this, the result was always people thought that could pay me less like they were doing me a favour that they hired me instead of some other artist. Start believing in yourself and your art, everyone has his own ways of expressing his art, doesn't matter if someone agrees or disagress with it, this is YOU. And I know you are not trying to milk the cow, I realize that and I am really fond of the link you have with your patrons, fans etc. I am rooting for you dude, and your work as well :D However just a little bit more information about it couldn't hurt and would keep us more into the mood for it ;D Anyways thanks for acknowledging the issue and being there for the fans, keep it real man! Waiting for the next update!

Reactions: Oseo Bones
Jul 12, 2017
However just a little bit more information about it couldn't hurt
This ^

@Oseo Bones With time you will learn to manage the process better. For now, just try to be as constant as possible: keep the schedule, be transparent with people who kinda pay for your learning process, do not promise if not sure, and be constant with the amount you deliver (because nothing disappoints more than 10-pic updates).

SapphireFire

Jun 6, 2017
Has anyone not noticed the Doc will always leave a reply each time people just assume he just vanished? You don't see many creators communicate that actively nowadays. Just wait. He has priorities too. Surely all of you can see that.

sdfgjhdfszbg

May 7, 2017
Damn...the doc confirming that there will be a sequel and a prequel on the same universe as the manor hypes me even more, i just wish i could give constant monetary support on patreon but i can't (feelsbadman) and can't stop imagining what this could become if it was a 2+ man project.

Rhyllick

Oct 9, 2017
Geesh, "the dudes are emerging".
Too much rush can ruin the climax, better stay calm and patient to get something like
May the force be with you Doc.

May 16, 2017
It's funny how a beloved game in delay can cause so much caos in a discussion. It all starts with a complain and then shit happens. Same thing with Summertime Saga, when people flooded DC's patreon page with complain just because he announced an update on a week and then was delayed to another one LOL. DC was almost cruficied.

"(because nothing disappoints more than 10-pic updates)" - In this kind of game, 10 pics is pretty much.

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
It's funny how a beloved game in delay can cause so much caos in a discussion. It all starts with a complain and then shit happens. Same thing with Summertime Saga, when people flooded DC's patreon page with complain just because he announced an update on a week and then was delayed to another one LOL. DC was almost cruficied.

"(because nothing disappoints more than 10-pic updates)" - In this kind of game, 10 pics is pretty much.
It pretty much boils into two things.
One side of the coin is that people love it so much that the definition of patience is lost to them.
The other side is paranoia. We see how money makes people corrupt, and people are worried that the Dev is just stealing money from supporters under the guise of "delays". Many abandoned games used that so yeah can't really put fault into them too much.

Still, some go way overboard with their threats. That has to stop.

Sanjimelorine

May 28, 2017
It pretty much boils into two things.
One side of the coin is that people love it so much that the definition of patience is lost to them.
The other side is paranoia. We see how money makes people corrupt, and people are worried that the Dev is just stealing money from supporters under the guise of "delays". Many abandoned games used that so yeah can't really put fault into them too much.

Still, some go way overboard with their threats. That has to stop.
True man. I just hope nobody got offended or something like this, it was never my initial motive, I just hoped to raise awareness of a problem that might appear if we let it go the way other games/ developers went.

Jul 12, 2017
Lets get real, most of people do not support creators, they "buy" game builds and privileges related to a game. Regardless of what the dev says at this point, the fact is - he will collect 2 months of monetary support but deliver only 1 update despite initial promise, meaning people wasted 1 month for nothing. Plus, the dev, as it can be seen here (read the comments) -
- completely ignores people who pay\support him.

@Oseo Bones If you are collecting money on Patreon - you must interact with people on Patreon. Discord will not replace you the service which gives you the opportunity to earn money. I bet for them it looks even more like milking: delay & ignoring people. Either refund them a month or you better have a super-massive update for them. :) Otherwise, this is the first stain on reputation. And stains on reputation are hard to clean.

Reactions: Pakicetus

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
I call this Freedom of speech, It's Ok buddies. I can speak about a picture even I'm not an artist. I can vote whith no studiying politics . You see people flaming? I see prole giving his own point of view.

Da fuck Doc!! Finish your surgery! (Good mod). :) :)

R

RWaites

ere's a vague preview of SOME of the scenes for 0.06. (the total of scenes for this month is 6).

I know there a LOT of unhappy people about the delays and all that, and I get it. I've spent a lot of time explaining to everyone on the internet the "why's" of this delay, and I made the huge mistake of neglecting my most important platform: Patreon. And for that, I'm really sorry. But I don't want to make excuses for myself anymore, and I'm sure you wouldn't like to hear them. So, I'm only going to say this, The update for 0.06 will be ready before the end of the month, and I'm still going to work on July's update, wich will be a little small, I'm afraid to say (maybe 2 or 3 scenes), and it will be uploaded around the 5th of july (give or take a couple of days). After that I should be able to go back to schedule as before. For those patreons who are worried about their money, the only thing I can say is this: I'm not holding a gun against your head, you can always unpledge before the month ends. Is only reasonable. But you will get this update anyway if your june pledge was processed, as always.

Eitherway, Im aware that I'd made mistakes and bad calculations, and of course, I lacked the needed communication with you. My problems shouldn't excuse my actions, and althought this month wasn't my favourite, but I will use it as an experience for the future.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes