4.10 star(s) 165 Votes
Oct 14, 2018
Well That would be ok if this game wasnt updated once a year.
Would you rather that the game is updated every other day so that you have to restart over and over and over ?
Having to restart is annoying, everyone thinks it is, but that's just how it is when games like this is very fragile regarding saves and updates. When there's games like this that usually needs a new save everytime, I decide to not play the new update right away, I instead wait and let it update like 3-5 more times so there's more to come back to when replaying from the start.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Also if theres a way to use saves from someone else will it work ? i mean they added them inhere but all i have seen from others is that it doesnt work.
The files don't work properly if they're not from the correct version of the game. For example, previous update was 0.16.2.1. Those saves don't work at all with v0.17.x versions, but what's fucked up is that 0.17 saves don't work properly with 0.17.3 because the bugs in that version remain in the savefile, so you'd need a clean 0.17.3 savefile or load one made in that version.

Now, for how they can be used... The ones roaming around in the thread are made by MrD5, here's the post to them. Download any (or all) of them, then copy the contents to the same folder the "game.exe" file is located. Then just open the game, pick a slot and load.

Reactions: parqueo

Gurden

Mar 17, 2020
Made a small mod that replaces Lucile's "Not implemented" button while she's doing the dishes with an over the counter version of the "game" you play at the tree - IF you have it unlocked. Only thing new added really is a custom background I made, and color changed to match the time of day. The rest is just reused assets from the tree scene with small modifications.

Extract the game in the usual method -> drop rar into main game folder -> extract and replace. If you can't figure it out, search it.

I've included a save file from here that I moved to the spot to test out the scene. This is the first time I've ever worked with RPGM, so could be bugged. I'm pretty sure I haven't broken anything major, but I'm guessing there will be an outfit problem if she's not wearing her normal wear.

Enjoy.

Preview:
LucPreview.png
View attachment Luc_Counter.rar

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
Made a small mod that replaces Lucile's "Not implemented" button while she's doing the dishes with an over the counter version of the "game" you play at the tree - IF you have it unlocked. Only thing new added really is a custom background I made, and color changed to match the time of day. The rest is just reused assets from the tree scene with small modifications.

Extract the game in the usual method -> drop rar into main game folder -> extract and replace. If you can't figure it out, search it.

I've included a save file from here that I moved to the spot to test out the scene. This is the first time I've ever worked with RPGM, so could be bugged. I'm pretty sure I haven't broken anything major, but I'm guessing there will be an outfit problem if she's not wearing her normal wear.

Enjoy.

Preview:
View attachment 1623381
View attachment 1623384
didn't tried it, but this pic is rather big. Are you sure you worked with the rigt RPGM Version? RPGVXAce is the engine to go. But thank you for putting more efford in this game than... a certain skeleton right now ;)

Gurden

Mar 17, 2020
didn't tried it, but this pic is rather big. Are you sure you worked with the rigt RPGM Version? RPGVXAce is the engine to go. But thank you for putting more efford in this game than... a certain skeleton right now ;)
I did use RPGVXAce, I used the dimensions of other backgrounds. The picture I took was of my game screen, which was scaled up.

Reactions: Banality

keyzu

May 31, 2018

Enjoy.

Preview:
View attachment 1623381
View attachment 1623384
Excuse me, what version of the game is this model for, since I try to activate the sequence of the frets and it only keeps coming out that the image is not implemented, if it is not too much trouble, and if I have everything activated

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
But for example, Clare's Quest has a mechanism for fixing the compatibility of old saves with new versions of the game.

More than anything, I would like Dr. Bones to move The Manor to a modern RPG engine and finally add cursor and mouse control to the game.
Seriously? You've got a whole thread, 100's of pages long, complaining about how it only gets updated like once a year and you want the dude to completely remake the thing?

Worst idea I've read so far.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
But for example, Clare's Quest has a mechanism for fixing the compatibility of old saves with new versions of the game.
That generally only works if the game content hasn't so much changed as much as there's just stuff that gets added to it.
Generally, as long as you keep adding to the game, the save tends to keep working. But if you completely rework a section of a game and the save contains stuff from the old version of that, that's when it breaks.

The Claire's Quest thing states it checks to update plugins and scripts, which could hedge against a certain level of change probably, but likely not everything.
Even then ... that's still more the exception then the rule anyway. It's not like broken saves across versions is anything new after all.

It's not something you'd ever encounter on let's say a AAA game or even your average decent quality indie game.
Those games are generally made from scratch and they had to build their own save system. As such, they've got full control over what content goes into a save file, as well as full control to modify a save file upon update of the game or add in backwards compatibility when loading up a save from an old version.

RPGM doesn't really seem to offer that level of control.
Well That would be ok if this game wasnt updated once a year.
The technical side of things don't change just because you only release 1 version every year ya know.

Also, on account of the 'change tends to break it, adding generally does not' rule ... breaking saves is something that generally occurs on the early days of a game's (development) cycle.

Games I've kept an eye on generally have this problem when they're still figuring out where they're going. But once they've got a proper base, where they don't need to rework stuff too heavily anymore, then it's generally not something that happens very often anymore.
And I'm not talking about reworking some CG's either, that's just changing a picture asset after all.

twichman

Dec 4, 2018
Seriously? You've got a whole thread, 100's of pages long, complaining about how it only gets updated like once a year and you want the dude to completely remake the thing?

Worst idea I've read so far.
I didn’t complain about the frequency of updates, you confuse me with someone else. And I'm sure the game would only get better by changing its engine to RPGMV, let it take another three years :)

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I didn’t complain about the frequency of updates, you confuse me with someone else. And I'm sure the game would only get better by changing its engine to RPGMV, let it take another three years :)
I didn't say you specifically were complaining about updates either. I said that there's a whole thread of people complaining about that.

Also, remaking a whole game for no apparent benefit, just to reach the same result ain't never gonna be (economically) viable.
Overall, you start with an engine and you generally stick with it for the long haul (or should I say, 'stuck' with it :sneaky: ).

After all, let's take only the SubscribeStar income at the moment and calculate ... 3 years rework and you get ... mouse support. That mouse support now cost >90K USD.

That's some expensive a$$ cursor! :eek:

twichman

Dec 4, 2018
I didn't say you specifically were complaining about updates either. I said that there's a whole thread of people complaining about that.

Also, remaking a whole game for no apparent benefit, just to reach the same result ain't never gonna be (economically) viable.
Overall, you start with an engine and you generally stick with it for the long haul (or should I say, 'stuck' with it :sneaky: ).

After all, let's take only the SubscribeStar income at the moment and calculate ... 3 years rework and you get ... mouse support. That mouse support now cost >90K USD.

That's some expensive a$$ cursor! :eek:
Not only a mouse and cursor, but new high-quality assets and animations, a much higher screen resolution, which is very important on modern monitors. Although there is an easier option to adapt the game on an existing engine to mouse control using a plugin, but this depends on the author of the game, of course.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Not only a mouse and cursor, but new high-quality assets and animations, a much higher screen resolution, which is very important on modern monitors. Although there is an easier option to adapt the game on an existing engine to mouse control using a plugin, but this depends on the author of the game, of course.
Well, sure. But higher res assets all depend on whether or not the author actually has those high-res images to put into the game.
If the artwork was drawn to fit the target resolution, then pretty much everything would have to be redrawn as well (or stretched out, not a good idea). Which ain't very likely ya know.

If by 'assets' you just mean the sprites, then it's certainly not the most important thing on a game like this though.
Also, from what I can tell is that often, games on the newer RPGM engines somehow still pop up with 'square/4:3' game screens/aspect ratios, totally not useful on any recent monitor, which is always gonna be widescreen/16:9.

Even some VN's still show up with 4:3 art aspect ratios and then just try to hide it by copy pasting some fakery on each side of the screen, hiding the black bars. Stupid as all hell when you think that no 6:9 monitor has been sold for probably more than a decade or 2.

Gurden

Mar 17, 2020
Excuse me, what version of the game is this model for, since I try to activate the sequence of the frets and it only keeps coming out that the image is not implemented, if it is not too much trouble, and if I have everything activated
What ever the newest one is in the post, make sure you delete the rgss3 file or w.e in the main folder after extracting the game, otherwise it still reads from that instead. If you're seeing a "not implemented" then the mod isn't installed, or you still have the main file in the folder. My mod also replaces the N/IMP with "???", if you don't meet the requirements, which will give you hint for the scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: keyzu

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Damn kinda sad about there not being an update until now.. There are so many placeholder images in this game... I'd think that maybe we should just focus on completing the current storylines+images, and maybe adding onto them with side-stories whenever Bones wants to keep working on this?

As there's also another game he's working on, I'd appreciate if we didn't have placeholders for a lot of the scenes (filling in the numerous placeholders and options should technically be the easiest thing to work on, I'd imagine?).

pogo741852

Dec 18, 2018

Enjoy.

Preview:
View attachment 1623381
View attachment 1623384
Looks good. But
Didn't work for me. The scene didn't trigger.

4.10 star(s) 165 Votes