Ren'Py Abandoned Book of Corruption [v0.55 Public] [YLA]

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
But isn't it technically completed in that case?
No, because the game has no logical conclusion (as well as technical). The author specifically abandoned this project to start a new just as dull and unremarkable game.

It's pretty funny to read about how he's gotten better at making games, that his new game is going to be so much cooler and more incredible. But I can't say that after seeing the demo version.
It's still the same simple HS2 graphics, again the "cast a spell three times and a new scene opens up" mechanic. Just another clone of "Corruption", just with the graphics from HS2.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Codex07

Jul 21, 2019
I agree to 100%. And when I read the patreon post he wrote, I ask myself why is he so confident in his English skills? Just reading the post gives me already a hard headache. I think he makes a hugh mistake here by abadoning one game for basically copy/pasting it into a "new" game with the same level of bad English as his first project. I would definitly not support him, or if I was supporting, I will imidetly stop supporting him.
Bro,nice english

sdno

May 22, 2022
No, because the game has no logical conclusion (as well as technical). The author specifically abandoned this project to start a new just as dull and unremarkable game.

It's pretty funny to read about how he's gotten better at making games, that his new game is going to be so much cooler and more incredible. But I can't say that after seeing the demo version.
It's still the same simple HS2 graphics, again the "cast a spell three times and a new scene opens up" mechanic. Just another clone of "Corruption", just with the graphics from HS2.

You have my admiration i could not stay the fact that game will throw u to bedroom without any explanation or story....dev just pushed player to pool and now swim :D

Last edited:

Sangria

Mar 21, 2018
This game was dull, generic and boring but still enjoyed it and now its dead rip. It was the one that felt like the corruption game which ripped all of it and now its dead, wish there was something similar cause in corruption the bugs never allowed me to enjoy it don't even know if it will ever update. But oh well thats how it always is. Sorry for the random rant.

Reactions: ymudds

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
when i visit the witch i cant leave anyone else has this issue and is there a fix?

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
It is funny how you criticize his English while making a lot of mistakes typing English yourself. The DEV said that he is not an expert, but he became way better than he was before starting his projects. He was completely unable to communicate with people using English. Now in a year, he can communicate with people using English, program, render, and write. It can all be summed up in the word developing a game. I honestly think that the DEV is moving in the right direction and should keep doing that. I previously had a lot of crashing and glitches, I wish they could be fixed starting his new game that as he said is similar but improved. I forgot to say that in only 1 year the DEV improved himself a lot which is a good thing to point out. You can't master multiple things in 1 year, please keep that in mind people.
Bro,nice english
At least I'm aware, that I'm not a native speaker and do mistakes during writing and speaking, hence my signature. I never said, I would be any better, but at least I'm capable of writing whole sentences, which make at least a little bit of sense. I only criticized the decision to move onto the next project without finishing one and with hugh (quantity) but still in quality mediocre improvements. It should always be quality over quantity in such situations.

And red123321, you aren't any better by criticizing me, because your English typing is as bad as mine. Just saying.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
the phone needs a bit of work done to it i understand game is still under development only 2 of the contacts have a X to close window skyler and emily ALSO would like to see some more contacts put there like natalie (i assume other phone contacts and houses will be placed at a later date too) only person i can talk to at work is lucy am i wasting my time on her?nothing seems changed and i been dropping spell and so on and no changes at all so...i assume theres nothing more to be done everywhere else is clossed off with thats it for this update or some shit ALSO as i was saying the witch for me is broken when i click leave nothing happens i can click it 100X and im in same place i find it weird the update says new house for her or something and as for me i dont see any changes and as i said i cant even leave her house i have to scroll mouse wheel back to BEFORE i visited her ONLY way i can leave (not complaing just pointing a few things out im enjoying this game and cant wait for it to be fixed up,etc)
Then you will wait until eternity, because the dev dropped this for a "new" project called "Succubus of corruption", which is basically the same game with a slightly different start (no witch with a book, instead a succubus, that you corrupt so she sticks with you).

Reactions: Jogy1959 and str8up

Jogy1959

Jan 2, 2018
Please does anyone know, how to get to the beach to staert with the lifeguard????

I'm looking forward for a hint!

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes