Dec 30, 2017
Interesting game, I will say I think I broke the combat, I just right clicked to block, held it and left clicked to bash, after that I just floated onward, bashing, killing all enemies in seconds like a big meat grinder, I found one other oddity, I found a key in the storage room and I found a red door that didn't open, was the key for that door as I tried to click the key and drag it over the door etc and the door just didn't open, or did I even have the right key?

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Interesting game, I will say I think I broke the combat, I just right clicked to block, held it and left clicked to bash, after that I just floated onward, bashing, killing all enemies in seconds like a big meat grinder, I found one other oddity, I found a key in the storage room and I found a red door that didn't open, was the key for that door as I tried to click the key and drag it over the door etc and the door just didn't open, or did I even have the right key?
the red door is not unlockable in this build as the connecting room is still being developed. The key is to Kara Aven's prison cell back in the first room.

Regarding the defend bug, did you continue to float after releasing the right mouse button?

Dec 30, 2017
the red door is not unlockable in this build as the connecting room is still being developed. The key is to Kara Aven's prison cell back in the first room.

Regarding the defend bug, did you continue to float after releasing the right mouse button?
On no, the block wasn't a bug, it was just that if I hold block, I can still move and attack with the bash, it was just that once I found it it made the combat super easy and I never had to swing my sword again. It breaks the combat by making it super easy.

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
On no, the block wasn't a bug, it was just that if I hold block, I can still move and attack with the bash, it was just that once I found it it made the combat super easy and I never had to swing my sword again. It breaks the combat by making it super easy.
there is a power cost to use the defend stance, but I have that disabled right now while I am working through resource management changes. Normally it would be something you can only use briefly.

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
This is a really cool game, awesome art and aesthetic. Chokeslamming abominations into the floor is a lot of fun. I can tell a lot of effort went into it already. Looking forward to more. By the way, see if you can reach one of the forum mods and ask for a Developer tag. Not sure how the process works, but it's usually a good idea.

Reactions: PunchingDonut

bathra

Nov 6, 2019
Hello PunchingDonut!

Nice Job so far! Music is really good! Ambient Sound also better!

Leveldesign is a little strange also for a foreplay "the way to the Castle/Church" (If the Game wants to be a "Metroidvania" Game (I hate this genre definition, a "NOOB TAG" because before Metroid or Castlevania there were many Multiroom/Openworld Games before...on your Homecomputer). Some Platforms are to empty or unstructured or pointless if you jump there.

The Overall Graphics are good.
Character Animations should not be "Puppetlike" (works for Zombies and Undead Creatures) you need to draw more Sprite Images and the Movement should be way smoother. (I know the Game Deliverance was not the best tip in terms of smoothness but has good character animations from an Pixel Artist.)

Critic ...Critic ... I know ... forgive me. I like it so far.

Last edited:

Retired123

Jun 3, 2020
I want to share my ideas about the game, I hope they will be interesting to the developer. It's also interesting what other players think about it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These are just my suggestions for the developer, I will be happy if any of them will be implemented in the game. If, of course, it is not technically difficult and the developer likes it. I can think of something else for the game, if the developer will tell you what his game will be, long or short, give more information about the plot, tell you whether there will be other worlds, for example, and so on, to understand the main point and not go down the path that will go in the section of actions that are already invented and planned in the game. (you can even write to me in a personal account, so as not to spoiler, for those who do not want to know this information). I think the game can be interesting, so guys subscribe to this author on Patreon.

Retired123

Jun 3, 2020
Something with the developer probably happened, he promised an update on June 20, but there is no update yet.

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Okay, so I am aware that I still owe a project scope for the game, just wanted to let everyone know that it IS coming. My overall vision for this game has changed slightly over the last few weeks and all I can say up front is that this will be a VERY long story that will have to be told over expansions and sequels. There will also be many countries/lands (and even timelines) explored, making the lore and the game world pretty fucking huge. More on that soon.

In the meantime....

Updated:

Retired123

Jun 3, 2020
Okay, so I am aware that I still owe a project scope for the game, just wanted to let everyone know that it IS coming. My overall vision for this game has changed slightly over the last few weeks and all I can say up front is that this will be a VERY long story that will have to be told over expansions and sequels. There will also be many countries/lands (and even timelines) explored, making the lore and the game world pretty fucking huge. More on that soon.

In the meantime....

Updated:
Cool, thanks dude! It’s good that the story is long, I hope you have more patrons. I like the plot, it's awesome. I wrote a message for you above, if you like my ideas, it will be cool. Traveling in worlds and time is a great idea. I don’t understand why you have so few patrons. If possible, make the game run on Windows 7 x32, I don’t know how the new version is, but the old versions did not work on a 32bit system.

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Cool, thanks dude! It’s good that the story is long, I hope you have more patrons. I like the plot, it's awesome. I wrote a message for you above, if you like my ideas, it will be cool. Traveling in worlds and time is a great idea. I don’t understand why you have so few patrons. If possible, make the game run on Windows 7 x32, I don’t know how the new version is, but the old versions did not work on a 32bit system.
new version should be compatible ;)

Reactions: Retired123

PunchingDonut

Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Next update will be coming fairly soon. I am finishing up art for the Iron Abbey main area along with some Magda sex stuff. Also just finished revising enemy and friendly AI. Zombie battles are a fucking blast.

JackHammer

May 30, 2017
Description says that there's a prison sex scene, but I'm not seeing it. That's the second level, right?

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes