VN Ren'Py Bound by Night [v0.15a] [BoundByNight]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

surfpup

Jun 23, 2021
I know he is kind of an ass, but I found myself wanting Ronan to take Alex, with out without his consent, tie him to a bed, have his way with him over and over, and then leave him there, helpless and marked with his cum stains, butt in the air, waiting to be found by ?????
Excellent writing.

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
I know he is kind of an ass, but I found myself wanting Ronan to take Alex, with out without his consent, tie him to a bed, have his way with him over and over, and then leave him there, helpless and marked with his cum stains, butt in the air, waiting to be found by ?????
Excellent writing.
I'll call that mission accomplished, then. I've said since the beginning they're all romanceable, so I feel like this isn't too spoilery, but there will be scenes with Roe and Alex, and they will definitely push that line. I can't cross the line with something that is plainly non-consensual due to Patreon TOS, but their scenes are going to pull on that tension.

Any sex scenes in this new chapter?
Not in Chapter 10, no, but as surfpup and I alluded to above, there is definitely some sexual tension at the end of the chapter. My proof-reader found it very erotic.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moosica

surfpup

Jun 23, 2021
I generally do NOT take to the bad boy characters who treat the MC poorly. I was completely hard reading the scene with Ronan, and my Alex
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
to him at every opportunity.
I of course, created my own dialog in my head. Alex: "Now, Ronan, I'm going to need you to take those shorts off so I can do a THOROUGH examination."
I generally go for the brave and strong characters who are fiercely protective of the MC. I don't mind if they are a bit domineering, especially if they think it's for the MC's own good, as long as they aren't complete jerks and actually care for the MC.
Ok, no more. Thanks for listening.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BoundByNight

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
Interesting ... - very, very interesting.
Looks like it might just become possible to build a relationship between Alex, Connor, Nick, and even with Ronan included despite being a complete asshole.
I am more and more surprised with your exceptional work, which is in the process of becoming almost even in a way revolutionary compared to the universe of Novels that has been until now heterosexually closed and dulgent towards other genres, thus blocking all options.
With your Novel you reverse this power by making us equal in all points of view without exception.
Well played !
You are definitely the best, and I really have no doubts now.
Take good care of you young friend.
LOVES

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Roe... wow... I was about to type some spoilers. I'll put it this way: Someone needed to treat Alex like a little bitch, to inject some conflict, and Roe has a lot of reasons. Not all of them are yet clear. But I'm going to enjoy writing that story arc.
Hi, I understand the dramatic reasons, however I think it is not appropriate if Ronan calls Alex a whore and talks bullshit about him even Alex had no sex with anybody before, even didn't jerked off :) Perhaps it will be good to make a different wording version for more "chaste" Alex's route? :)

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Hi, I understand the dramatic reasons, however I think it is not appropriate if Ronan calls Alex a whore and talks bullshit about him even Alex had no sex with anybody before, even didn't jerked off :) Perhaps it will be good to make a different wording version for more "chaste" Alex's route? :)
lol. Folks have been mentioning this and I honestly can't remember where I said this, but for an NSFW game it truly never even occurred to me someone would play through without fucking someone. But enough folks have been curious, I'm going to have to go back and write in some sort of Easter egg for it. But he still won't like Alex for many of the same reasons he already has; it's just the language will change. The core conflict will be unchanged.

Reactions: Blueworx

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
lol. Folks have been mentioning this and I honestly can't remember where I said this, but for an NSFW game it truly never even occurred to me someone would play through without fucking someone. But enough folks have been curious, I'm going to have to go back and write in some sort of Easter egg for it. But he still won't like Alex for many of the same reasons he already has; it's just the language will change. The core conflict will be unchanged.

Since Ronan feels betrayed by his "Love" because of Alex ... - it even makes sense that whatever happens he would be like that with him.
However, there is already the option for Alex to "take control" of the situation on his own, so that Ronan has taken a little more confidence in Alex ... - and if you keep this option available, it would allow you to explore an option that has never been explored in gay/LGBTQAI+ games, to reunite Alex, Connor, Nick and Ronan into a group of "very close, very united friends" ... ( if you know what I mean ... - this has never been done before in gay games, some kind of only gay harem or love circle, only with men)
And what can help in this direction is the fact that only Alex is not a werewolf, all the other three are. - besides, if you make that possible, I would quite happily turn Alex into a werewolf, for the love of one of these three. And thus completely transforming the story/situation into something truly fiction/fantasy ... (in the "True Blood" genre) - to better help Alex in the future. And at the same time it would allow Alex to prove to them that he is loyal to his three werewolf companions and that he has feelings for all three.
By allowing one of the three, or even all three at the same time to transform Alex. - obviously it goes without saying, my logic would be that Connor is his creator, then that it is him who I prefer, but as I also took the path of Nick, it would be prudent to also create an equal relationship with his companion Ronan. In addition, their unison would allow them to make them much stronger, all four.
After all they are above all part of the creatures who have a very strong "sex appeal" and are very sensitive (on all points of view), they are part of an animal species that very often have sexual intercourse without worrying about the sexual gender or degree of parenthood, or anything else ...
But all this is just an idea on my part. - and by building the story in this direction, that would allow you to make the task of uniting even more and better these various universes which are already installed in your Novel. (I think it would be easier for you)

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Thank you, that would be very welcome and certainly will improve the scenes at Alex' home. And it is absolutely understanding and convincing Ronan will not like Alex for his reasons and in general act all the same. Thanks and loves to you :) P. S. And yes, I am kind of exception among gay players, I know, but I am certainly not the only one who doesn't lick every dick around :)

Gaesesagai

Dec 20, 2020
Ha! I was curious about this as well. The way I play Alex for my "main" playthrough is him being rather resistant to the impulse to sleep around due to his mind being a bit scrambled. So basically he kinda just sleeps around as much as he would have without Luke messing with his mind, but kinda flirting all along with the desire to sleep with... every able and willing male he meets ;)

So when Ronan's "slut shaming" happened it sort of fit sort of not really for me and I was wondering if there is a change of dialogue if you avoid sleeping with anyone (when possible).

It's a minor detail indeed but yeah an acknowledgement from Ronan about this would be cool (even if it's in the form of "attacking" Alex with other insults). I imagine even if Alex doesn't sleep with anyone, Ronan would still be having a hissy fit simply because, like he said, he knows how he thinks (Luke) so he will assume Nick is "in danger" while Alex is around :p

Also I'm really looking forward and/or hoping the vampires get equal treatment in terms of available romance and sexy times. It's personal preference. I'm much more into Kai and Luke with Alex than the pups lol, though from what I've seen I'm in the minority on this one...

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Yeah, I can absolutely write something like that in. Really just an oversight on my part and having some branching dialogue there based on abstinence shouldn't be too hard to code; it literally just never occurred to me. Hopefully I can get it in with this next update. Thanks guys!

Reactions: Gaesesagai

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

This game is really an interesting one. It could really be adapted in a film or an anime.

I'm not into 3dcg usually but the characters are really well done. They are various and very different physically and psychologically. The environment is also beautiful. The few problems I have are : some characters feels like they are about to wreck their clothes (especially Santino (you've already answered previously) and sometimes Nick) and the sperm that feels metalic (well apparently, it's just me).

The story is really well thought. At first, it was easy to understand but it became more and more complex. The worldbuilding is still expanding, making difficult to choose a side anymore as for chapter 10. I wanted Alex to have revenge about what happened but it's not as clear as it used to be. The horror is scarce, the atmosphere feels rather spooky. It's also interesting that you've made your vampire and your werewolf different from the usual myths. The medical details seemed really precise though I didn't understood everything about it.
The chapter 10 was really difficult to swallow due to the situation in the facility and the explainations in Alex appartment. Speaking of it, I was also surprised by Ronan's reaction like others said. From my point of vue, Alex isn't in a state to want to have sex with anybody due to what is hapening to him, especially the headaches (though he is always aroused). I just flirted a little with Connor in the café. So the whore from Ronan came out of nowhere. Glad you made something about it. In the bathroom, it's also too much but it's problably just myself (and Ronan's personnality).
I also found Kai's reaction in the street strange. He made him look terrible denying everything but, when Alex was about to leave, he said come I'll give you answers. The change was so violent that it felt forced.

The choices aren't always easy. Some answers are so close that I don't how to differentiate them. It's also hard because we don't what might happen (I flirted with Connor but he'll die in the future (it's just an example) then what was the point).

Anyway, continue the good work. I'll be waiting for what comes next.

perles75

May 16, 2020
A bit late to the party, but...
Personally I wouldn't change the wording. Even in the case that Alex didn't sleep with someone, Ronan is there for the fight and he would use any word to provoke Alex. Considering Alex is under the arousing effect of the vampire in any circumstance -whatever he slept with anyone or everyone-, calling him a whore/slut is triggering independently of his actual actions (in very different ways, in fact). Ronan is going for the metaphoric jugular and that's something that will hit the target, it makes the maximum effect in current Alex's situation.

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
A bit late to the party, but...
Personally I wouldn't change the wording. Even in the case that Alex didn't sleep with someone, Ronan is there for the fight and he would use any word to provoke Alex. Considering Alex is under the arousing effect of the vampire in any circumstance -whatever he slept with anyone or everyone-, calling him a whore/slut is triggering independently of his actual actions (in very different ways, in fact). Ronan is going for the metaphoric jugular and that's something that will hit the target, it makes the maximum effect in current Alex's situation.
Yeah, I've made some tweaks for this (updated in the next build) in the event Alex literally hasn't had sex with anyone since Kai, but it's more about tailoring what Ronan is saying rather than how he is saying it. The attitude and overall effect is still very much the same. Whether Alex has been having a lot of sex or not, Ronan knows what Alex is experiencing/feeling and he's going to hit it.

In general, neither BBN or any of the characters are about "slut shaming," but Ronan is trying to accomplish a few very specific goals in this scene and he's going about them in a way that suits his personality.

Exactly what Ronan's goals are in that scene... folks are welcome to speculate. There are some obvious answers. Others that, I hope, aren't so obvious.

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Hello.

This game is really an interesting one. It could really be adapted in a film or an anime.

I'm not into 3dcg usually but the characters are really well done. They are various and very different physically and psychologically. The environment is also beautiful. The few problems I have are : some characters feels like they are about to wreck their clothes (especially Santino (you've already answered previously) and sometimes Nick) and the sperm that feels metalic (well apparently, it's just me).

The story is really well thought. At first, it was easy to understand but it became more and more complex. The worldbuilding is still expanding, making difficult to choose a side anymore as for chapter 10. I wanted Alex to have revenge about what happened but it's not as clear as it used to be. The horror is scarce, the atmosphere feels rather spooky. It's also interesting that you've made your vampire and your werewolf different from the usual myths. The medical details seemed really precise though I didn't understood everything about it.
The chapter 10 was really difficult to swallow due to the situation in the facility and the explainations in Alex appartment. Speaking of it, I was also surprised by Ronan's reaction like others said. From my point of vue, Alex isn't in a state to want to have sex with anybody due to what is hapening to him, especially the headaches (though he is always aroused). I just flirted a little with Connor in the café. So the whore from Ronan came out of nowhere. Glad you made something about it. In the bathroom, it's also too much but it's problably just myself (and Ronan's personnality).
I also found Kai's reaction in the street strange. He made him look terrible denying everything but, when Alex was about to leave, he said come I'll give you answers. The change was so violent that it felt forced.

The choices aren't always easy. Some answers are so close that I don't how to differentiate them. It's also hard because we don't what might happen (I flirted with Connor but he'll die in the future (it's just an example) then what was the point).

Anyway, continue the good work. I'll be waiting for what comes next.
Thanks for the comments, Oliz! It's always a bit of a balance between providing exposition and keeping the scene and dialogue moving in a way that keeps the reader engaged. More explanation will be forthcoming that hopefully will make chapter 10 a little less convoluted.

Reactions: Oliz82

perles75

May 16, 2020
Yeah, I've made some tweaks for this (updated in the next build) in the event Alex literally hasn't had sex with anyone since Kai, but it's more about tailoring what Ronan is saying rather than how he is saying it. The attitude and overall effect is still very much the same. Whether Alex has been having a lot of sex or not, Ronan knows what Alex is experiencing/feeling and he's going to hit it.

In general, neither BBN or any of the characters are about "slut shaming," but Ronan is trying to accomplish a few very specific goals in this scene and he's going about them in a way that suits his personality.

Exactly what Ronan's goals are in that scene... folks are welcome to speculate. There are some obvious answers. Others that, I hope, aren't so obvious.
I was even thinking that the whole calling is even more powerful on a 'chaste' run... you are experiencing this unusual arousal all the time, you're surrounded by all these handsome men, you manage to resist the temptation somehow and suddenly this guy comes out calling you a whore, it must be -whoa! but I'm not! or is he reading into my deepest mind? do I actually want it after all?
I dont know, it sounds cool from a character point of view and fitting within the moment in the story.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes