VN Ren'Py Bound by Night [v0.15a] [BoundByNight]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

perles75

May 16, 2020
I'm not too disturbed by the lack of development of the Mc, but I'd like to see more of his backstory (maybe in some form that allows the player to shape him a bit according to their vision?) so that he doesn't seem he existed in a vacuum until the beginning of the story.

Reactions: BoundByNight

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
perles75 and pilgrim2003 (and everyone), I put up a poll for this to gauge interest. I should be clear, I'm not making a promise on this as it's really not what I have envisioned for Alex and it would be tough at this point to go back to previous chapters and update them, but I'll definitely give it some thought!

Reactions: pilgrim2003

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
perles75 and pilgrim2003 (and everyone), I put up a poll for this to gauge interest. I should be clear, I'm not making a promise on this as it's really not what I have envisioned for Alex and it would be tough at this point to go back to previous chapters and update them, but I'll definitely give it some thought!
I really do not want to complicate anything, but I appreciate your reaction. Where is the poll to be found? Thanks!

perles75

May 16, 2020
oh that's ok, I didn't mean a complex backstory, but I mean, he -does- have a backstory: his parents, his interests, the apartment.. things shaped him in some way and that could be interesting to explore without becoming the main theme of the visual novel (I'm thinking of Spacecorps Main Character -there of course the backstory is particularly important and I don't mean it should be like that, but in the sense that it's there and clearly present but does not come on the way of the development of the MC in the way you want).

Just to clarify, I'm fine even if there are no changes whatsoever.

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
oh that's ok, I didn't mean a complex backstory, but I mean, he -does- have a backstory: his parents, his interests, the apartment.. things shaped him in some way and that could be interesting to explore without becoming the main theme of the visual novel (I'm thinking of Spacecorps Main Character -there of course the backstory is particularly important and I don't mean it should be like that, but in the sense that it's there and clearly present but does not come on the way of the development of the MC in the way you want).

Just to clarify, I'm fine even if there are no changes whatsoever.
Oh I know! I gotcha! We'll see. Cheers!

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
just at the top of the page
Thanks a lot. I have already voted. My concern is really purely aesthetic. The faces of the other guys seems to me more particular and therefore interesting. And I have the feeling there is also resemblance between MC's face and Ronan's which is somewhat unfortunate. However, as I have already said, I do not want to complicate anything and I am happy you are working on this project very much. Most probably, I am going to join your patreon group on August :)

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
On Ronan and Alex looking similar... Everyone says they want twincest, and then when it's offered... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

j/k; they're not twins. That's interesting. To me they look very different, and maybe you'll agree when they're finally in the same room together in Chapter 10. I wonder if that perception could be related to how the skins I'm using for both characters come from the same set of assets.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
On Ronan and Alex looking similar... Everyone says they want twincest, and then when it's offered... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

j/k; they're not twins. That's interesting. To me they look very different, and maybe you'll agree when they're finally in the same room together in Chapter 10. I wonder if that perception could be related to how the skins I'm using for both characters come from the same set of assets.
Oh yeah, twincest is fabulous, but I do not see room for it in your game, unless Ronan is Alex's unknown brother, stolen in the hospital after his birth. THat would explained his similarity and difference in the same time, and, of course, their tender feelings to each other :D

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021

Uh ... what ??? :oops:
Serious? Really?
Already they seem to have at least ten years of difference ... - one is platinum blond, and the other is a pure blond, one seems to be taller and thin than the other, in addition to the features facial and bodily have no relation ...
Even the skin color is not the same, one is slightly more tanned ...
To do that, it would mean redoing everything from the start. And you know it... - right?

For once, it's you who made me laugh...

I'm dead... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(it's as if we would say that the French and the Germans are all twin brothers ...) :ROFLMAO:

Mochizan

Jul 3, 2021
I'm sure many can agree when I say this.. but the dialogue and overall writing ON TOP of the already fantastic visuals are really rare to see especially when this project is (mainly?) only done by you (the developer) and honestly I hate reading in general but I was continuously intrigued by the story you've written! :LOL:

I rarely comment and just stand by the sidelines, but I know passionate and amazing work when I see it. It feels good to be appreciated so I just want to remind you (developer) that we really appreciate you and your work!! :giggle: Also I've been reading through this thread and everyone seems so nice/intelligent/funny... so thank you for that too!! :ROFLMAO:

This will probably be my first and last time commenting, but I just do want to truly thank you again for putting so much time and effort into something your passionate about and sharing it openly with us. I am looking forward to future updates! (y)

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
I'm sure many can agree when I say this.. but the dialogue and overall writing ON TOP of the already fantastic visuals are really rare to see especially when this project is (mainly?) only done by you (the developer) and honestly I hate reading in general but I was continuously intrigued by the story you've written! :LOL:

I rarely comment and just stand by the sidelines, but I know passionate and amazing work when I see it. It feels good to be appreciated so I just want to remind you (developer) that we really appreciate you and your work!! :giggle: Also I've been reading through this thread and everyone seems so nice/intelligent/funny... so thank you for that too!! :ROFLMAO:

This will probably be my first and last time commenting, but I just do want to truly thank you again for putting so much time and effort into something your passionate about and sharing it openly with us. I am looking forward to future updates! (y)
For a first and likely last and only comment, I'll take it!

Thank you; it means a lot to hear that.

Gaesesagai

Dec 20, 2020
I seen some people mention that Alex is less developed than others and then dev basically confirmed. I really didn't have that impression lol. To me Alex was quite well fleshed out both through his actions and the ocasional description or inner monologue.
Maybe I was reading too much into it because I like him haha... Seriously, I haven't been so captivated by the story side in a vn in... ages. Actually there's only 2 other vn's that I can think of where I really cared about and liked the characters and story. Out of many MANY played :p

On the poll question, YES please :) More backstory, info or general interaction with Alex would be amazing!

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
any animations?
Just because some people define animation differently, I'm going to be super specific.

There are no movie files with a certain number of frames per second. But sex scenes do use looping images to create an animation-like effect.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moosica

Litrabi

Jun 29, 2021
A fluid animation is made with 24 frames per second, which means 24 renders per second; which also means 48 renders per 2 seconds and 36 renders per 3 seconds... and so on. You can make then a loop, but it's a lot of work anyway... and you need a good pc to work with it.

surfpup

Jun 23, 2021
I thought Ronan was kind of nice, but he is totally slut-shaming me in front of Connor! I mean, he isn't lying, but still . . . .

• Love

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Roe... wow... I was about to type some spoilers. I'll put it this way: Someone needed to treat Alex like a little bitch, to inject some conflict, and Roe has a lot of reasons. Not all of them are yet clear. But I'm going to enjoy writing that story arc.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes