VN Ren'Py Bound by Night [v0.15a] [BoundByNight]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
So definitely enjoying this VN more and more! I'm currently in the process of moving to HK (Just a few weeks left in Germany!) and I definitely have a thing for hot Asians, male and female.

One of the things that stand out is that there aren't any character sprites near the text, which means no idiotic positions for the characters to be in. I don't mind some facial expression, but it's sorta off-putting to see a sprite suddenly put up their fists in a boxing position when they express protectiveness or concern, or some female who doesn't want to be in a bound position suddenly grab her own tits. I always ask myself, 'If she's struggling to get out of shibari, why is she rubbing her tits? It definitely gives mixed signals!' those are the VN's I usually role my eyes at and turn off, lol.
Yeah, I’ve been staying away from sprites. I understand why some VNs do it, particularly with hand drawn art and there are greater limitations on the amount of time you can spend per image, but I don’t think there is as much of a need for it with a 3D rendered game. Posing and expressions can be a royal pain but it’s worth it.

Good luck with the move! I almost made it to HK but the trip got cancelled by 9/11 and I haven’t had a chance to go again.

Last edited:

perles75

May 16, 2020
I've enjoyed this game quite a lot almost since the beginning but it's really taking off in the last couple of updates -and I'm not only saying it because the sex content increased exponentially. I like the slight ambiguity of the various characters so that there's no clear absolute bad guy (yet).

I'm really tempted to keep various saves opened, but I'm wondering, how much do the choices you make at this early stage count? is there a hidden like/dislike score associated to the various characters for example?

P.S.: any chance there'll be the option to name the save games at a certain point? :)

P.P.S.: I really love the graphics but I must say that I find Santino's shape weird, particularly when he has a suit, he looks way too bulky in an unnatural way)

• Red Heart
Reactions: BoundByNight

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
I've enjoyed this game quite a lot almost since the beginning but it's really taking off in the last couple of updates -and I'm not only saying it because the sex content increased exponentially. I like the slight ambiguity of the various characters so that there's no clear absolute bad guy (yet).
Awesome! Thank you! And yes, definitely trying to keep some grey there on characters' motives, morality and trustworthiness.

I'm really tempted to keep various saves opened, but I'm wondering, how much do the choices you make at this early stage count? is there a hidden like/dislike score associated to the various characters for example?
Yes, relationship scores are tracked. The precise score and the impact each decision makes on that score is purposefully kept hidden, but they are tracked. Right now, the scores unlock certain dialogues and even sex scenes but, towards the end of the game, they will impact which of the endings you're able to pursue.

P.S.: any chance there'll be the option to name the save games at a certain point? :)
Funny you ask that! I just learned that this could be programmed into a RenPy game earlier this week and I've added it to my technical development list (along with an image gallery at some point).

P.P.S.: I really love the graphics but I must say that I find Santino's shape weird, particularly when he has a suit, he looks way too bulky in an unnatural way)
So... yeah. I hear you. He is very bulky. Now, on one hand, I personally know guys who are that big (a whole family of them) and when you get that big, it's almost impossible to get clothes that fit you well unless you go to a specialty shop or have them tailored. And the same is kind of true in the 3d software too, in that clothing tends to morph or confirm to the shape of the model. With the bigger muscles, rather than hang or drape from Santino, the suit is trying to conform to his body because that's just what the software does. But, yeah, it looks a little odd. I totally hear you on that. I can't radically change the shape of the model without reshooting all of the scenes he's in, but I'm debating some very modest tweaks or trying some technical stuff with the clothing that may make it more fluid.

Reactions: perles75

perles75

May 16, 2020
Awesome! Thank you! And yes, definitely trying to keep some grey there on characters' motives, morality and trustworthiness.

Yes, relationship scores are tracked. The precise score and the impact each decision makes on that score is purposefully kept hidden, but they are tracked. Right now, the scores unlock certain dialogues and even sex scenes but, towards the end of the game, they will impact which of the endings you're able to pursue.
Ooh now I definitely want to try the various paths (I'm on a slutty path right now in the sense that I try to flirt and get laid at basically any occasion, but I am sure it's not the right tactics to get into some characters' pants so it would be nice to see how things chance and what options get open).

By the way, appreciate that the MC has a specific preference (bottom, in his case), I found it refreshing somehow, I guess it's also due to how it is presented in the story.

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
There is a walkthrough in the Game directory that if you read between the lines will give some clues about the different paths. It’s not something I’ve seen a lot of discussion or speculation on yet but maybe that will develop as the inter character conflict starts to play out more. As someone earlier said, there is kind of a Team Human versus Team Vampire dynamic.

And yeah, there will be some scenes where the MC can be more verse and even Dom once I get back into that content in the next update, but he is temperamentally more of a bottom.

perles75

May 16, 2020
And yeah, there will be some scenes where the MC can be more verse and even Dom once I get back into that content in the next update, but he is temperamentally more of a bottom.
He can be a Dom bottom :p
(I just mentioned it was a bottom because that's what he says in a dialogue -but vers is good too! ^^)

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
So... I don't want to spoil anything, but I do have plans for at least one very kinky (optional) scene where MC will be a dom bottom. I'll make sure to keep this in mind though as I think about other scenes!

jakub.cerny003

Mar 27, 2021
I am all up for Team Human vs. Team Vampire Elders, but there should also be Team Werewolf :D I am definitely doing multiple playthroughs! Originally I wasn´t too fond of the vampire so I was all about team human, but after the last update.... man, I think I wanna work very closely with Mr. Mayhew :D Also did you change the model for the vampire? I don´t know if I´m losing my mind, but he got like ten times hotter :D Some other things that I have noticed though

When you enter the reception of the hotel there are people standing around. One of them is a woman in a dress and that dress changes depending who the MC is :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don´t mean this in a bad way at all, you are making an amazing work here and I am thoroughly hooked!

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
I am all up for Team Human vs. Team Vampire Elders, but there should also be Team Werewolf :D I am definitely doing multiple playthroughs! Originally I wasn´t too fond of the vampire so I was all about team human, but after the last update.... man, I think I wanna work very closely with Mr. Mayhew :D Also did you change the model for the vampire? I don´t know if I´m losing my mind, but he got like ten times hotter :D Some other things that I have noticed though

When you enter the reception of the hotel there are people standing around. One of them is a woman in a dress and that dress changes depending who the MC is :D

I don´t mean this in a bad way at all, you are making an amazing work here and I am thoroughly hooked!
So, the only thing that changed in the vampire's model between the previous releases and 0.4b was his hair. BUT, the big change for him as he appeared in Chapter 1 was just the quality of the rendering. The entire first chapter was reshot for Build 0.4b and I think the improved quality of the renders just helped a lot. (There is also a morph for him when his fangs are out, so that might also be part of it.)

On the spoilers...

Reactions: jakub.cerny003

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Because I've actually been getting the question a fair amount, I decided to write up a proper post on the werewolf model that folks get a glimpse of in Chapter 7. This is a publicly available post over on Patreon and it includes SPOILERS so only click and read if you're comfortable with that:

jakub.cerny003

Mar 27, 2021
I would lean towards "much better" for the full hairy shift. I would have to see how it goes with
before making a final judgement, but an improvement nonetheless!
but that really is just me nitpicking :D Kudos to you for taking the time to jump onto the feedback so fast! (y)

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Do not want to complicate anything, but the ears are not wolfish. In general, I would prefer an elegant wolf, and in case of certain character (spoilers avoided) I think Canis lupus tundrarum would be much much better. Sorry. I am gay, you know :)
You just complicated things!

How do you mean not wolffish? What would look better?

Honestly, with an understanding of how the 3D rendering software works, folks understand my range of options here are very constrained. I’m also getting a really wide range of feedback right now on Discord and ultimately I think I’m just going to have to make a creative decision and realize not everyone is going to be happy with it. But if I can move it towards something closer to a consensus feeling of “That is scary/hot,” I’ll certainly do it.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
You just complicated things!

How do you mean not wolffish? What would look better?

Honestly, with an understanding of how the 3D rendering software works, folks understand my range of options here are very constrained. I’m also getting a really wide range of feedback right now on Discord and ultimately I think I’m just going to have to make a creative decision and realize not everyone is going to be happy with it. But if I can move it towards something closer to a consensus feeling of “That is scary/hot,” I’ll certainly do it.
Oh, sorry, you know I love your game, and I understand you have limited possibilities. The ears in the picture above are more similiar to bat and other animals, but not to wolfs and dogs.
Here some wolfs for your inspiration, hope you will be able to work on it al little. I wish the wolf would be really HOT and not only big and hairy :)

Last edited:

Nym85

Dec 15, 2018
Honestly I have to agree that the partial shift would work best as a very hairy model with a strong change in eye color and prominent canines.
As for the full shift, yeah that gives me ape. With the ears, so many depictions are inconsistent with what wolves look like so having those pointed ears makes sense, even though wolfs have prominent but ROUNDED and furry ears. These look more like bat than wolf. Imo wolf ears are so much better, partly because they feel less monstrous and even cute (they are so fluffy, more like a haski or akita than a german shepherd). The body looks fairly stocky; werewolfs are more lean with V-shaped body and a fairly pronounced shoulders/waist ratio. The hair on the torso can also be somewhat lighter which can let you show off musculature a bit more. And as for the muzzle length is not really the most important change; the canine mouth when open extends to the point when the jawbone joins showing all the teeth in a clearly triangular shape and this cannot be achieved by just turning up a slider.
Sorry that I am trashing the model you have to work with, I have no idea if it will be easy to work with. Just gotta say, this is not a werewolf I'd like to freak:(

Btw if you want images of HOT werewolves, go for Werewolf the Apocalypse art.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes