VN Ren'Py Bound by Night [v0.15a] [BoundByNight]

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Build 0.3 is out of Early Access and is available for download. The OP has been updated with the links, and you can also download via if you prefer.

You can also find an update on progress for Build 0.4 over on Patreon ( ).

After Build 0.4 is out, my plan is to spend some time reworking Chapter 2 and Nick's introduction. I just want to acknowledge the mixed feedback on Nick; seems like about half of people like him, particularly after build 0.3, but the other half are cool to neutral on him. His concept isn't going to change much but I think I can do more to bring out his personality, why he's coming across the way he is in that first scene, and give him a little more depth for the player/reader to identify with.

Unfortunately regarding a request for an Android build, I gave this a couple of attempts, downloaded multiple plugins and extensions, and could not get it to work. I'm quite sure it's user error on my part and when I have time will try again, but right now all my effort is on getting Build 0.4 finished. To the extent others are able to port it to Android, I am very grateful.

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
Build 0.3 is out of Early Access and is available for download. The OP has been updated with the links, and you can also download via if you prefer.

You can also find an update on progress for Build 0.4 over on Patreon ( ).

After Build 0.4 is out, my plan is to spend some time reworking Chapter 2 and Nick's introduction. I just want to acknowledge the mixed feedback on Nick; seems like about half of people like him, particularly after build 0.3, but the other half are cool to neutral on him. His concept isn't going to change much but I think I can do more to bring out his personality, why he's coming across the way he is in that first scene, and give him a little more depth for the player/reader to identify with.

Unfortunately regarding a request for an Android build, I gave this a couple of attempts, downloaded multiple plugins and extensions, and could not get it to work. I'm quite sure it's user error on my part and when I have time will try again, but right now all my effort is on getting Build 0.4 finished. To the extent others are able to port it to Android, I am very grateful.

Frankly ... -and definitely, I no longer know if I should drool over your game-novel, or if I should cry ... Then now I am definitely reassured that this risks becoming absolutely exceptional work.
I will follow your work without a doubt, I reassure you even more than before, you have a talent / asset that many people do not have.
I definitely fell completely in love with your game-novel. (for me it's becoming absolutely perfect)
Speaking of something else ... - I noticed that you have taken into account some tips that are very beneficial to you.
I hug you strongly.
Take good care of yourself.
LOVES

Grom

Aug 5, 2017
Great Story and CG, like the Setting, but one question, is there a walktrough for the game?

Jun 13, 2018
Without going too spoilery could someone give me an idea as to the type of horror I can expect here? I just want a base idea not a detailed list so I have some idea what I might be getting into.

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Great Story and CG, like the Setting, but one question, is there a walktrough for the game?
Grom, first, thanks! I'm glad you're liking it.

Second, there is a walkthough in the Game Directory. If you have trouble finding it, let me know and I'll post a link to a zip of the text files.

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Without going too spoilery could someone give me an idea as to the type of horror I can expect here? I just want a base idea not a detailed list so I have some idea what I might be getting into.
Fair question. Right now it's pretty light and long-term it will be more psychological and supernatural. I'm not aiming for lots of gore. Does that help?

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
No but guys ... - are you serious?
If you force him to divulge all the information concerning the future of this game-novel, that is to say spoil the surprise, this risks destroying his mysterious side, and therefore destroying part of his interest ... - when, however, the themes of this game-novel are very evident from the start. (a sort of mix between "True Blood" and "Supernatural", in a homosexual game-novel version)
Moreover, as a reminder ... - I would like to point out to you that there is already a certain atmosphere (very beautiful) very well balanced between hunting, romanticism, passion, even Love between practically all the characters from the start/departure. - it is far too obvious that mystique, passion and hunting (and obviously a very tensely sexual atmosphere between males of several species, human, lycantrope and hybrid) are the main themes of this absolutely exceptional game-novel.
Just to say that all this takes place in a big city, and therefore of a more advanced form (more current, more in our current era of time ...) and humanly diverted.
This risks becoming a little gem in the homosexual, mythical and mysterious game-novel universe. - don't spoil it ...

Last edited:

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Hi all!

There is a full update over on Patreon ( ) but I wanted to give a quick update here on progress for Build 0.4.

Short version is this will be released to Early Access in May. I have staged and rendered images for 90% of the new dialogue with only about 200 lines left, but there are going to be some complicated sequences in this final stretch that I don't want to rush. Once those are done, I need to clean up the images in post, add in sound, and QC the build through several playthroughs. I just don't want to rush it, nor put myself through some self-inflicted version of "crunch."

If you're not a Patron, this will release 30 days after it becomes available for Early Access (i.e., sometime in June). I was really hoping to have this out in April and I'm sorry if this comes across as "bad news," but this is a huge update (doubling the size of Build 0.3 in terms of lines of script AND images) and I think it'll be worth it.

Cheers,
BBN

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.3b APK
Android games updated daily -

Reactions: BoundByNight

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Download android v0.3b APK Mega
Android games updated daily -
Thanks, Cax. I added a link for this to the OP. I'm going to try to figure out how to do an Android build in May; kept running into errors the first time I tried.

Reactions: caxhub

Longfang

Feb 19, 2018
Very promising game, the writing is good and the renders are nice looking. The only criticism I have so far is that I don't find Ronan attractive at all, mostly in part because of his shitty haircut. He kind of looks like an uglier version of the protagonist.

Otherwise I don't have much else to complain about, Santino is an absolute DILF and I quite like Nick as a secondary point of view, the switching around between him and Alex when they were talking was well done.

I do wish Alex could have the option to top though, but so far it seems like he's going to be a bottom only I guess?

Reactions: BoundByNight

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
Very promising game, the writing is good and the renders are nice looking. The only criticism I have so far is that I don't find Ronan attractive at all, mostly in part because of his shitty haircut. He kind of looks like an uglier version of the protagonist.

Otherwise I don't have much else to complain about, Santino is an absolute DILF and I quite like Nick as a secondary point of view, the switching around between him and Alex when they were talking was well done.

I do wish Alex could have the option to top though, but so far it seems like he's going to be a bottom only I guess?
Hey there! Thanks for trying it and the feedback! The possibility of the MC topping at some point is definitely on the table, but he definitely leans more towards being a bottom. If/when he tops, it'll probably be a special scene in Act 2 or 3.

As for Ronan, I'm sorry you don't like his looks! :cry: Everyone's got some different tastes and I'm trying to offer a variety of flavors. Personally, I like his haircut (aside from some weird artifacts on the edge I have to keep cleaning up in post) but I appreciate it may not be to everyone's taste. Who knows... if I get tired of cleaning up the artifacts in post, maybe he'll get a haircut at some point and you'll get your wish. :ROFLMAO:

Longfang

Feb 19, 2018
Hey there! Thanks for trying it and the feedback! The possibility of the MC topping at some point is definitely on the table, but he definitely leans more towards being a bottom. If/when he tops, it'll probably be a special scene in Act 2 or 3.

As for Ronan, I'm sorry you don't like his looks! :cry: Everyone's got some different tastes and I'm trying to offer a variety of flavors. Personally, I like his haircut (aside from some weird artifacts on the edge I have to keep cleaning up in post) but I appreciate it may not be to everyone's taste. Who knows... if I get tired of cleaning up the artifacts in post, maybe he'll get a haircut at some point and you'll get your wish. :ROFLMAO:
Well good to know the MC topping isn't entirely out of the question :)

Don't worry I don't expect you to change how Ronan or anyone else looks to please me specifically lol, as you said it's a good thing there's variety. Besides he's a werewolf right? The monster fucker in me will at least enjoy looking at that form :ROFLMAO:

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
As of a few minutes ago, Build 0.4a is now in Early Access to patrons. This one was a beast for me but also a lot of fun. It more than doubles the size of the game in terms of both lines of code and images. Alex finally starts to learn some secrets and why this is happening to him…and had some sex along the way.

Lots of other updates in this build (too many to list all of them), but some of them are:
  • Updated UI
  • Autosaves on Choices and Quit enabled
  • Lots of typos fixed
  • and more
Time for me to have a glass of bourbon.

BoundByNight

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2021
I thought I'd give a brief overview of where things are heading for the next update (Build 0.5) that will pick up with Chapter 9.

The new content in Build 0.5 will pick up where the Chapter 6 and 8 cliffhangers left off, i.e.,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. I'm also be going doing some work on Chapter 2, including some flashbacks, to better introduce Nick and give a little bit of a better sense as to his history with Ronan.

The script for the new content in this update is probably about 40% written, with some very initial renders completed in order to test out the environments and render settings. So far, they're looking good.

Related to environments and render settings, I've begun reshooting Chapter 1 from start to finish. I don't know if this will make it into Build 0.5 as it's a lower priority than the new content, but I really think those opening chapters don't represent the quality of the art in the new updates. As I want new players to get the best first impression possible, I feel this is something that needs to happen. In terms of a complete reshoot, Chapter 1 is the priority, followed by Chapter 2 (although Chapter 2 is getting some entirely new shots as part of the flashback sequences referenced above).

We're also closing in on 40 patrons over on Patreon, which is my goal for purchasing some professionally produced, royalty-free music. If that happens before I start adding sound to this update (usually the last step), expect to see some of that in this build, too.

That's all for now. Cheers!

againsthaters

Mar 18, 2021
I thought I'd give a brief overview of where things are heading for the next update (Build 0.5) that will pick up with Chapter 9.

The new content in Build 0.5 will pick up where the Chapter 6 and 8 cliffhangers left off, i.e.,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. I'm also be going doing some work on Chapter 2, including some flashbacks, to better introduce Nick and give a little bit of a better sense as to his history with Ronan.

The script for the new content in this update is probably about 40% written, with some very initial renders completed in order to test out the environments and render settings. So far, they're looking good.

Related to environments and render settings, I've begun reshooting Chapter 1 from start to finish. I don't know if this will make it into Build 0.5 as it's a lower priority than the new content, but I really think those opening chapters don't represent the quality of the art in the new updates. As I want new players to get the best first impression possible, I feel this is something that needs to happen. In terms of a complete reshoot, Chapter 1 is the priority, followed by Chapter 2 (although Chapter 2 is getting some entirely new shots as part of the flashback sequences referenced above).

We're also closing in on 40 patrons over on Patreon, which is my goal for purchasing some professionally produced, royalty-free music. If that happens before I start adding sound to this update (usually the last step), expect to see some of that in this build, too.

That's all for now. Cheers!

You show more and more professionalism, we can feel your passion there, and in your improvisation ... - you evolve at a rather unusual speed.
I'm starting to be even more than proud of your work. - if only all the creators would be like you ...
You are really revealing yourself as a really great and very talented creator, and endowed with a great extraordinary passion for your work.

LOVES

Johnathaniel Evans Pereira (and my husband: Ricardo Pereira Evans)

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes