seraph85

Jan 31, 2019
Am I crazy or would these games be more successful if they had animations and slower corruption? We are talking about the difference between making 3 games that will get 10k buys max and 1 game that will get 50k
I love slow progressive corruption like starting with groping then moving step by step from there with each encounter.

dmop22

Sep 8, 2019
Every job requires effort. There is nothing special about game development.

The problem is that those cliches work when you invest enough time. When you speedrun box checking your product doesn't resemble the products you are copying.
Have you even played the game? There's a ton of low effort stuff on dlsite and this isn't one of them. I mean, it's not the best game ever, but it doesn't go into bad or low effort by any means. Also I'll take Japanese games which actually get finished over blue balls patreon milking any day.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
It drives me insane how little time some of these Japanese devs will spend on their games meanwhile western devs will spend 7 years on a game that gets 2 updates a year so I guess I can't complain that much.
To be fair, anyone puts out a completed game probably knows more about making a game than 90% of people that still haven't finished their first. After like 3 or 4 games, they're probably familiar with the motions. I think the issue is largely that everyone wants to get it damn near perfect their first try and invest too much time and resources into something above their current capability.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I think you're a bit early on this one though.
Seems like there's at least some kind of content update planned ->
I just did some math and this game apparently made 105k before taking away whatever share dlsite takes. 7k buys for 15 dollars.

I guess that it's actually profitable to shit out this obviously low quality product on a yearly basis. People will buy it..
This guy sells consistently well though. Releases a game every 1,5 to 2 years I guess.
So excluding fees/taxes/..., (105K/2)/Year. That's about 52K/Yr. Not exactly getting rich off that is he now?

Also, if there's multiple people on the team even less so. At least if it's a full-time job, then I hope they earn more than just what it looks like at first glance on dlsite (Fanza? Other platforms?).

On the 'low end' of 1,5 years of DEV time it gets a bit nicer, if it's a one-man team. But still.

I think I only played the one Kagura did, the purple haired exorcist thing. Wasn't all that bad really.
So after a few quality releases, you pretty much sell based on name recognition alone ya know.

Reactions: dazedanon

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Have you even played the game? There's a ton of low effort stuff on dlsite and this isn't one of them. I mean, it's not the best game ever, but it doesn't go into bad or low effort by any means. Also I'll take Japanese games which actually get finished over blue balls patreon milking any day.
Finishing a game of this scale and quality is the equivalent of a western game getting abandoned after 0.2 while the developer lies for a year that an update is coming

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I think you're a bit early on this one though.
Seems like there's at least some kind of content update planned ->
Yeah, I was debating whether or not to pick this one up but I wanted to personally play it myself so I just went ahead. Once the content update is out I'll update the patch, it was really easy anyway. Of course if an actual translator wants to pick it up, I'll hand it over to them including ownership of the thread if they want.

Reactions: ohhaiguize

Avoidable27

Sep 14, 2021
I've played this game and i can say, ntr in this game is kinda bad. And i didnt notice even a small piece of corruption

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
No, the FMC has a boyfriend but he is still the one getting NTR'ed. You never play as the boyfriend.
How involved is the boyfriend, is he just mentioned or only in it for a few seconds? Seems more like a corruption game to me, probably pass on it.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
How involved is the boyfriend, is he just mentioned or only in it for a few seconds? Seems more like a corruption game to me, probably pass on it.
He shows up every now and then and has some scenes and development. Not super major or anything though.

Reactions: LordFrz
3.60 star(s) 13 Votes