chris18

Jul 8, 2017
i installed both rtp versions, game works fine but now i cant fight snakes for either game which give that extra 5 exp i need of 15 exp and their snake skin is worth 100 G, bees give 10 and their honey is worth 50 G, otters give 10, dogs give 12 but its a mixed bag to find otters or dogs. eagles kick my ass im lvl 13 with knight sword W str 4.

havent played in 6 yrs since i couldnt find a translated version at the time and eventually got lost and couldnt progress and ofc it became extremely grindy. thought at least with a translation id b able to do everything and not get lost even if still extremely grindy. but now its even more grindy cuz i lost the map that had the snakes for both games. the map that had them is significantly and obviously different from the 1 without i thought id try fighting them in the jap version like i used to and swap save files back and forth but i cant even do that. r the snakes just on a different map now? :( >_<

edit: well i explored a little more and found the centipedes which give 36 xp and after figuring out the literal apples and oranges ig ill b set with them. ig things turned out for the better without the snakes :)

Last edited:

Athia

Sep 15, 2022
So ... How am i supposed to beat the very first ordinary ant ?
I'm Lv.2, i have no item to replenish vitality, and since the attacks are scripted in the damage they deal, i just can't beat it since i can't heal (11 VIT)
Am i just softlocked 10 mins into the game ?

keyrioss

Aug 17, 2017
So ... How am i supposed to beat the very first ordinary ant ?
I'm Lv.2, i have no item to replenish vitality, and since the attacks are scripted in the damage they deal, i just can't beat it since i can't heal (11 VIT)
Am i just softlocked 10 mins into the game ?
I'm sure you're already figure this out, but you get less damage if you concentrate instead of attack like crazy like his previous games. Mini strategy turn-based.
I keep getting some audio error for this game, is there a way to solve it?
Post a screenshot if you get any pop out to help you solve them problemo. Unless you've installed proper rtps and whatnot then.... idk.

Reactions: Athia

Athia

Sep 15, 2022
I'm sure you're already figure this out, but you get less damage if you concentrate instead of attack like crazy like his previous games. Mini strategy turn-based.
Yeah after some painful time i noticed that, but it sure would have been nice if the ins and outs of how this work would have been explained beforehand

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: keyrioss

Sonnymafia

Aug 24, 2017
Breath of Fire and Iron v1.01
Unofficial JGP format (Joiplay package)

- Optimized look and size of the texts
- Optimized controls for standard gamepad
- Included savegame with unlocked gallery

Last edited:

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
Strangely, there is an MS-WORD folder, but no Fonts folder anywhere. Which fonts should be installed, and in which folder should they sit?

gfurst

Nov 6, 2019
Strangely, there is an MS-WORD folder, but no Fonts folder anywhere. Which fonts should be installed, and in which folder should they sit?
I don't quite remember, but I was able to play this game somewhat recently without issues on wine. Try either dropping the fonts on the exe folder, or the wine prefix Windows folder, if doesn't work try the standard guide to play old rpgm games on wine.

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
I don't quite remember, but I was able to play this game somewhat recently without issues on wine. Try either dropping the fonts on the exe folder, or the wine prefix Windows folder, if doesn't work try the standard guide to play old rpgm games on wine.
The point is that there are no fonts. Reading your response, I suspect that I got me an incomplete download somehow.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes