HTML Completed Breeder's Haven: Reconception [v4.17.2018][Whiskeyrose]

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
So no, it's not backwards. It's simply your expectations not meeting up to the game's scope.
I think if you were going to be fair, and if you've read the other comments in this thread, it's not "my" expectations, but the expectations of people playing the game that are members of this forum. Further, I have to take a slight exception to the fact that your comment completely ignores the (what I feel is) really well crafted analogy about the way a society functions and the fluctuations in societal values.

I'm not saying you can't have your own opinion, if you like the way it functions now, that's great. However to just come in with such a broad statement and rather obtuse generalization like that about 'my expectations' is a bit crass. I don't think it lines up with what I said at all and it's a bit confusing that you'd even write that.

For clarification, I didn't say that it WAS backwards, I didn't criticize the game itself. I talked about my feelings towards the game mechanic. My thought on the mechanic that was it wasn't very clear at first and could use a little edification. I then expounded by stating my opinion on what might be a better system. One which would allow a player to play how they want, collecting girls they want, if they are willing to risk not min/maxing stats. A suggestion, that I feel, would make the game much more dynamic.

I understand if you don't agree with that opinion, and hope that my clarification on my own position helped.

HerpaDerpington

Game Developer
May 14, 2017
Since you want to be fair, before typing whatever I typed, I checked all the posts and the only people who voiced complaints over this specific point system was just you. kekzor and Hercule_Poirot found the game annoying (I'm going on a limb for kekzor) because they can't have all the girls in one playthrough. So when you voiced your opinion, which is more than welcome, it was only on your behalf.

As for your second point. You actually said it was backwards. I even quoted you. Saying a system is backwards and offering an alternate solution to it does not alter the fact that you've said it was backwards. Maybe it needs a rework. Maybe it doesn't. I will agree that some further clarification should be provided along with a small in game example.

The system you propose in your initial post makes sense in reality but in game does not. You are technically the overseer/administator/head honcho/whatever of a closed community. For all intents and purposes, you're the authority and if we want to be more specific you're actually the head of a totalitarian regime. That does not stop you from treating your occupants in a good way (the ancient Greeks also had benevolent tyrants). So taking this in game, if you start picking up girls that provide you with a lot of equality points and have a minority of them giving you meritocrity, common sense dictates you are building up a society based on equality and everybody else not agreeing to it needs to "suck it up". Hence why in game you actually do not want to breed with women that give you points that subtract to your primary ones.

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
The intro states that you can choose how/where to cum. I don't see this option, and even if I just click on a girl's name there seems to be no way to leave her page without impregnating her.

EDIT: Never mind, I needed to play a bit further to understand how it works.

Last edited:

Zhurgy

Aug 6, 2016
I really liked first version of game... I loved the simplicity of system, I tried current one and I honestly do not approve the concept of opposite stats, not to mention having no idea about tresholds for reaching more residents and trouble with gaining enough labor points. I totally dislike the new system to the point where it's no more enjoyable game for me.

M3H1

Jun 7, 2017
If you downloaded the Bugfix and the game begins and restarts on the 15th week, download the bugfix again.

whiskeyrose fixed the problem, but used the same link.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
How do I play turn mode? Everytime I start a new game it seems to automatically go sandbox. And I don't have any way of telling until turn 16 rolls around and no ending occurs.

shiddily

Aug 5, 2016
There are 16 endings, one for each unique "build" of stats.

With the latest version, you should be prompted to enter Normal or Sandbox mode immediately after the intro, or immediately after choosing to skip the intro. Do you have the latest version, the download link titled "Bugfix 11/30" ? That fixed the auto-sandbox bug for me.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
any torrent for this one?kinda sucks download this on ubuntu,cuz my firefox never endsthe download even with the extension from mega....

don2sail

Jun 3, 2017
around day 7 on my second time through I stopped receiving labor points for both breeding and casual sex. Naturally this stops any further advancement. It wasn't a sudden stop, the girls seem to be affected one by one. My best guess is second time casual sex.

Feb 1, 2018
I really like this game; it's got just about everything I like in an erotic game: a bit of challenge, multiple endings, great sex scenes, and hot pics. But the description here, particularly the "Genre" section, is misleading at best.

There is no corruption; every "character" arrives in your "city" (more of a village, actually ... a small one) pre-corrupted. And the "light mind control" is so deep in the background that it might as well not exist. Mostly what this game is (and it's very good at it; no criticism of the game designer is intended here), is a well-designed resource control system. It asks (and answers) the question, "What kind of city will you create, given nearly-complete control over what kinds of citizens you choose to attract and what kinds of services you choose to offer?"

Personally, I love it.

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes