• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Is anyone else getting an error when unzipping the new update about it being corrupt? Apparently it's specifically with the file /Radiant/Content/Paks/pakchunk0-WindowsNoEdiotr.ucas

The error message is that it fails a CRC check. I've tried downloading from three sources with the same result
Which link did you use? Patreon's v0.741.5 link I gave in post #6779 on the previous page leads to a working archive.

STet

Apr 17, 2020
does anyone know how to find the pear in the cove i keep swining around and cant find the dam thing
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
*If you want to subsequently have sex with (true for v0.741.5), do not use the last line of dialogue (leading to sex) in conversation with her until you get the pearl, otherwise, on your next visit, she will sleep and you will have to sleep in your house so that she wakes up. If you steal Keystone from her, then she will subsequently constantly cry and there is nothing you can do about it even if you have a pearl.
* Be sure to have sex with the Kraken, otherwise the shell will be closed and there will be no pearls next to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssato243 and hovsa

Micadi

Mar 15, 2019
Hmmm, decided to install the new public version after nearly 2 years from the last time I played it, and I'm getting "the program can't start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing error ", but then the game still loads and I can start a new game. Any ideas what's this about? (the previous copy of the game that I didn't delete is working normally)

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Hmmm, decided to install the new public version after nearly 2 years from the last time I played it, and I'm getting "the program can't start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing error ", but then the game still loads and I can start a new game. Any ideas what's this about? (the previous copy of the game that I didn't delete is working normally)
Windows 7? It's not the first time. Run through Steam, this window will not be.

Reactions: Micadi

lechtoyz

Sep 18, 2018
Yeah, progression is still way slower than it needs to be. Even knowing exactly what to do/where to go and using every cheat except the imma lazy sack one (so mainly infinite lust/fluids/max trait level/all barns already built) a speedrun to unlock everything as quickly as possible would still take like an hour and a half minimum. If someone is actually reading the dialogue, figuring things out for the first time, and gathering fluids/money the "proper" way could easily take 5+.

I understand he wants people to play through the progression to test it, but he's fucking insane if he thinks people should play through all that every update. Even using the cheats, losing all your creatures each time is already enough of a pain in the ass.

Reactions: LDV

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Is there any way to heal the Seraphim from frigidity? I tried a lot, but I never managed to provoke them to Surprise sex or Spontaneaus Blow Job. Maybe I don’t know something?

Last edited:

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Is there any way to heal the Seraphim from frigidity? I tried a lot, but I never managed to provoke them to Surprise sex or Spontaneaus Blow Job. Maybe I don’t know something?
lol just interact with them and suprise sex them!

STet

Apr 17, 2020
lol just interact with them and suprise sex them!
Thanks for the advice, of course, but it's obvious even to an idiot. Earlier, probably a year ago, Seraphim themselves took an active interest in the breeder. The developer either made them frigid like The Emissary, or introduced some conditions to arouse their interest. This is what I am trying to find out.

Last edited:

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for the advice, of course, but it's obvious even to an idiot. Earlier, probably a year ago, Seraphim themselves took an active interest in the breeder. The developer either made them frigid like The Emissary, or introduced some conditions to arouse their interest. This is what I am trying to find out.
Untitled.png

Reactions: STet

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
as well as the comment right above this, you can not be seriously expecting things to stay the same in a game that is in it's ALPHA stages????? I mean it's not like things aren't implemented that the dev wants and he will do what he wants as he does not have to bow to any one specific thing. are people upset at him? yes! why? taking ages to do things.... as well as changing things, implementing progression and removing things that were there before. i'm surprised he decided to cave and put the new cheat in to give you most everything. Perhaps you should go ahead and give it time and get to atleast the beta stage!

Reactions: nm79

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
as well as the comment right above this, you can not be seriously expecting things to stay the same in a game that is in it's ALPHA stages????? I mean it's not like things aren't implemented that the dev wants and he will do what he wants as he does not have to bow to any one specific thing. are people upset at him? yes! why? taking ages to do things.... as well as changing things, implementing progression and removing things that were there before. i'm surprised he decided to cave and put the new cheat in to give you most everything. Perhaps you should go ahead and give it time and get to atleast the beta stage!
The game's been in alpha for four years, it's had plenty of time.

Reactions: opodin

STet

Apr 17, 2020
What does such a powerful outburst of consciousness have to do with my question? I just wanted to know about the opportunity to provoke the Seraphim into sex. And that's all. I understand what "alpha" means in the title of the game, and in none of my posts did I resent the developer's decisions.

Reactions: V-red

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
What does such a powerful outburst of consciousness have to do with my question? I just wanted to know about the opportunity to provoke the Seraphim into sex. And that's all. I understand what "alpha" means in the title of the game, and in none of my posts did I resent the developer's decisions.
the part about "I remember a year ago this was the case" this invariably leads to the dev is shit for changing what I liked! and that's how I saw your post and i'm tired of people shitting on devs like they do here when most people don't even support the devs, not only that but many of the devs don't come here because of they don't want to hear the crap out there from a place that shouldn't have it. Do i care it's here? well I won't report the site for having pirated content to valve as I know it's available elsewhere. I actually do care about pirating, though i will take advantage of it in some aspect but I won't keep sharing it beyond me getting it.

Reactions: hyperion66

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Don't mind Freki. Anytime anyone says something that could reasonably (or unreasonably) be interpreted as criticism of DerelictHelmsman or the direction this game is being taken, he jumps on them with a rant about how the developer has the right to choose where to take the game and random people pirating it should shut up and take whatever they get. He also adds in comments about how the game is in the alpha stage of development and so you should expect game breaking bugs and regular loss of your saves, despite the fact that it's been in alpha for four years now.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
the part about "I remember a year ago this was the case" this invariably leads to "the dev is shit for changing what I liked!"
Er, no, it really doesn't. That's a quantum leap in ridiculous. He was looking at what was and commenting that he liked how things were. This is NOT saying "the dev is shit".
If you want to expand it, look at it this way:
"The dev changed something I like, but that's okay. I know that the dev may change things as the Alpha phase goes on. I accept this change though I didn't fully understand why it was changed until now."

In any case, Spillthebeans sent us a quote straight from the Discord. Seraphim were NEVER supposed to initiate Surprise Sex.
It was an oversight until now.
--------------------------------------
I'm also trying to breed Slender Bovaurs. It's not easy and not always successful but it can work out.
Also trying to go for only Exotic types of things that have exotic types.
Population control still remains kind of an issue. I almost HAVE to breed Sterile Abominations just to keep things in check.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freki

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Er, no, it really doesn't. That's a quantum leap in ridiculous.
If you want to expand it, look at it this way:
"The dev changed something I like, but that's okay. I don't really understand it myself but what I do understand is that the dev may change things as the Alpha phase goes on. I accept this change though I do not fully understand why it was changed until now."

In any case, Spillthebeans sent us a quote straight from the Discord. Seraphim were NEVER supposed to initiate Surprise Sex, it was an oversight until now.
and this way I will agree it sounds better. but as text always happens, different people read a short blurb in different ways colored by their own experiences. you know what you wanted to say but that is not what came across, with your expanded comments I am sorry I took it the other way but I only reacted the way I did and I apologize for misunderstanding your intent. I am glad to see there are others that understand things change and are willing to work with them.

And for the record I am irritated having to restart every time, but I understand things change and saves might not be compatible. :)

Reactions: Squark ⚧❤️
3.90 star(s) 105 Votes