eldereye

Jan 20, 2020
That's odd, my tests been showing my stats increasing regardless of level. Unless it's a threshold system where once your past a certain level stat ranks up again after fucking.
Could be that I mistook one for the other. If I only used the same BBB with Kindhearted the whole time, then my stat tier would have been increasing at a constant rate, just like my level.

The trait method works but its very uncommon. I'm willin to bet below 10% chance.
I knuckled down and did a full another test. I used two different Foxen, both with T1 Swift. It took 132 breeding successes to get 100 offspring with Swift, so I'm guessing there's about a 75% chance to pass it on when both parents have it. None of the 100 got an upgrade. Maybe I got unlucky, maybe the chance lower than 10%, or maybe there's some other factor.

maustro

Dec 6, 2017
I knuckled down and did a full another test. I used two different Foxen, both with T1 Swift. It took 132 breeding successes to get 100 offspring with Swift, so I'm guessing there's about a 75% chance to pass it on when both parents have it. None of the 100 got an upgrade. Maybe I got unlucky, maybe the chance lower than 10%, or maybe there's some other factor.
What version are you on? I couldn't breed any tier 2 traits on 95A version, but on 97A it has been reasonably quick.

abdulah7

Oct 4, 2017
A few people mentioned getting higher-tier traits by breeding the same-tier trait. I wasn't able to get this to work. Out about 60 attempts breeding two Foxen, each with tier 1 swiftness and nothing else, I got 30 offspring with tier 1 swiftness and none with tier 2 swiftness. I gave up after that.
I don't have pictures but I can confirm that I've gotten this to work for at least Hornball and Kindhearted. By breeding parents who both had either at lv1, I've gotten offspring who had it at lv2. By breeding parents who both had both at lv1, I've even gotten offspring who had both at lv2. That was on 0.760.97A.

It does seem rather rare, though. I've been exclusively breeding nephs with at least one, ideally both, of those traits as part of a plan to powerlevel, and I've gotten like 3 offspring with lv2. I'd estimate the chance to be <5%.

arcader000

Nov 13, 2019
Could be that I mistook one for the other. If I only used the same BBB with Kindhearted the whole time, then my stat tier would have been increasing at a constant rate, just like my level.

Insane bad luck, in my testin the last week I've had it happen about a dozen times.

can anyone share their character presets?
Here's mine, its more fun to make your own but if your stumped on good value just peep the other presets an copy and paste the values you like into your own.

You know it's an alpha for 6 years, right? Don't fall that "alpha", it's just an excuse to have a broken game.
Length of dev time isn't really a factor, especially with essentially a solo dev with contracted helpers. You say its a broken game but I haven't noticed any game breaking bugs or even crashed which is more then I can say for some fully released games lmfao.

• Angry
Reactions: Drages

redioz

Feb 13, 2021
Can someone upload the BOTNTools_0.9.1 on file host? I cant download from attachment even with VPN. It keep giving me Malformed attachment request message.

JaySpill

Nov 6, 2020
A few people mentioned getting higher-tier traits by breeding the same-tier trait. I wasn't able to get this to work. Out about 60 attempts breeding two Foxen, each with tier 1 swiftness and nothing else, I got 30 offspring with tier 1 swiftness and none with tier 2 swiftness. I gave up after that.
That's how it works for me. Was C/C/C and caught a Seraphim with aptitude B. After several attempts breeding with it I got stat B for aptitude, too.

Dalkosh

Dec 29, 2017
Fellow men of culture, I have good news! It's finally offering me to level Lykos from level 3 Essence to level 4. There you have it, lv42 futa lykos that happens to be pregnant and has ASB stats. I've had her for a long while, so it's either the level or the pregnancy. She was also named auspisciously Joyous, LOL!

I was so going in the wrong direction, levelling random traits to rank 2 in random races... Ah, such a joy!
Level  4 vulwarg.PNG

Reactions: JaySpill

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
You know it's an alpha for 6 years, right? Don't fall that "alpha", it's just an excuse to have a broken game.
Among other dumb stuff, but.... One thing I learned is to filter the opinion of the average gamer cause they can't read between the lines with things like that. "It's an alpha", an alpha that's been like that for half a decade isn't "an alpha" but badly developed beta released as "free" but hiding the good stuff behind the paywall of a subscription and keeping that model forever while not caring about either polishing glitches or adding QoL features like a bloody solution for the save wipes

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Fellow men of culture, I have good news! It's finally offering me to level Lykos from level 3 Essence to level 4. There you have it, lv42 futa lykos that happens to be pregnant and has ASB stats. I've had her for a long while, so it's either the level or the pregnancy. She was also named auspisciously Joyous, LOL!

I was so going in the wrong direction, levelling random traits to rank 2 in random races... Ah, such a joy!
View attachment 2992546
I REALLY wish you could smash that angel XD

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: ashGHOUL

Sparks127

Aug 23, 2019
My two cents on the game is that it's pretty impressive, but it has a severe lack of creativity. Playing male handicaps you because I guess the creator just isn't into it, but futas are fine, but they don't have balls, because I guess that would be too much. And the npcs make jokes multiple times about futas are better if they don't have balls. "Sugar walls before balls" as if you can't have both. The lack of variation in models is kinda lame. The desert having harpies and aliens is really weird, especially the aliens. Just really uninspired. The lack of different sex positions is also quite boring. And then there's the actual gameplay. I only started playing with the recent update, but the amount of grind to breed certain traits is abysmal. And nothing in the game telling you how breeding traits works, or how essence works, or what it does. There's also the fact that the breeder, as a breeder, sucks at their job. I can't think of any reason you'd have the breeder doing any personal breeding as their stats are terrible. I did really like the spiritform and how I could customize that, but the hair styles on the exotic wolves clipping through their heads was lame.

Reactions: RubyZeronyka

Sikirash

Oct 3, 2018
I have not checked this game out for a while.
It seems you can finaly force some graphical settings by editing "GameUserSettings.ini" in

..."AppData\Local\OBF\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor"

folder. I was always annoyed at the antialiasing method this game uses. Finally, you can set it to 0. You just need to make the ini file "read only" in properties after saving it.

I set it to 0 alongside with foliage for nice increase in performance and sharpness.

In earlier version you could only force foliage settings. Any other would be ignored.

Reactions: Snipeyyt

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Can someone please tl;dr for me how the fuck Essence works, so I know what you're supposed to be aiming for to begin with? I can't believe the dev would put a system this confusing into the game and not explain it at all.

Mastertrkr

Nov 11, 2019

View attachment 2992546
How in the world did you get "A" and "S" stats, I've gotten the "B" rank from seraphim... Where did you find the other two????

arcader000

Nov 13, 2019
Among other dumb stuff, but.... One thing I learned is to filter the opinion of the average gamer cause they can't read between the lines with things like that. "It's an alpha", an alpha that's been like that for half a decade isn't "an alpha" but badly developed beta released as "free" but hiding the good stuff behind the paywall of a subscription and keeping that model forever while not caring about either polishing glitches or adding QoL features like a bloody solution for the save wipes
No the beta phase is when you focus on stomping out the bugs an stuff. You don't rework entire systems during beta lmfao. But save wiping is an unfortunate result of it, saves would be fine if it was just modifying the back data but system overhauls don't really have that luxury usually.

My two cents on the game is that it's pretty impressive, but it has a severe lack of creativity. Playing male handicaps you because I guess the creator just isn't into it, but futas are fine, but they don't have balls, because I guess that would be too much. And the npcs make jokes multiple times about futas are better if they don't have balls. "Sugar walls before balls" as if you can't have both. The lack of variation in models is kinda lame. The desert having harpies and aliens is really weird, especially the aliens. Just really uninspired. The lack of different sex positions is also quite boring. And then there's the actual gameplay. I only started playing with the recent update, but the amount of grind to breed certain traits is abysmal. And nothing in the game telling you how breeding traits works, or how essence works, or what it does. There's also the fact that the breeder, as a breeder, sucks at their job. I can't think of any reason you'd have the breeder doing any personal breeding as their stats are terrible. I did really like the spiritform and how I could customize that, but the hair styles on the exotic wolves clipping through their heads was lame.
I agree with the breeder being awful right now, until we get a way to upgrade them with traits the only thing they have going for them is an easier to obtain ddd or ccc. But even then once you get a stud with those stats they're out of a job again anyway.

Solutions to both hopefully will also solve the fact that there's nothing to do with money once you get all the barns, and with them being a combined total under 500 you'll get all the barns long before you unlock all the areas as well. I could see them adding buff like items that improve trait inheritance rates and what not.

The male model is awful so I'm not surprised more care has been given to the futas, especially shot themselves in the foot making all the male nephs bestial. Making a whole ass new model for every species is why they only added like 4 of them lmfao. Futas with balls kinda just looks weird but that's just me.

Reactions: MalkavsRustyBones

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
No the beta phase is when you focus on stomping out the bugs an stuff. You don't rework entire systems during beta lmfao. But save wiping is an unfortunate result of it, saves would be fine if it was just modifying the back data but system overhauls don't really have that luxury usually.

I agree with the breeder being awful right now, until we get a way to upgrade them with traits the only thing they have going for them is an easier to obtain ddd or ccc. But even then once you get a stud with those stats they're out of a job again anyway.

Solutions to both hopefully will also solve the fact that there's nothing to do with money once you get all the barns, and with them being a combined total under 500 you'll get all the barns long before you unlock all the areas as well. I could see them adding buff like items that improve trait inheritance rates and what not.

The male model is awful so I'm not surprised more care has been given to the futas, especially shot themselves in the foot making all the male nephs bestial. Making a whole ass new model for every species is why they only added like 4 of them lmfao. Futas with balls kinda just looks weird but that's just me.
Do you realise that this is the only game from the many that I played that saves from version 0.2 dont work on version 0.3 but saves made in version 0.4 load perferctly fine on 0.1?

Its kinda curious how all games and their devs manage to somehow find a way to be able to port old saves to newer versions yet in BotN thats not the case. And for a guy that has nearly 20 years of experience as a dev as he implies. Making a project with this many set of flaws is simply unexcusable.

I can excuse glitches in the performance, models looking too similar, animations being lacking, breeding options being limited, even the stupid thing of having ball less futas instead of having a toggle of sorts or even lacking anal but insisting on forcing everyone again to deal with the grind?

What's so difficult for those bloody soulslike fans devs to understand that not everyone is into the bloody grind those games involve? Pray that we wont lose the sandbox cheats in later versions cause knowing him, that's his idea.

Far too many pointless overhauls like the World Progression, the UI, the capturing systems, the whole Reaper mecanics, etc and the only damn thing that can truly be benefy from it its kept as arcaic as day 1

arcader000

Nov 13, 2019
Do you realise that this is the only game from the many that I played that saves from version 0.2 dont work on version 0.3 but saves made in version 0.4 load perferctly fine on 0.1?

Its kinda curious how all games and their devs manage to somehow find a way to be able to port old saves to newer versions yet in BotN thats not the case. And for a guy that has nearly 20 years of experience as a dev as he implies. Making a project with this many set of flaws is simply unexcusable.

I can excuse glitches in the performance, models looking too similar, animations being lacking, breeding options being limited, even the stupid thing of having ball less futas instead of having a toggle of sorts or even lacking anal but insisting on forcing everyone again to deal with the grind?

What's so difficult for those bloody soulslike fans devs to understand that not everyone is into the bloody grind those games involve? Pray that we wont lose the sandbox cheats in later versions cause knowing him, that's his idea.

Far too many pointless overhauls like the World Progression, the UI, the capturing systems, the whole Reaper mechanics, etc and the only damn thing that can truly be benefy from it its kept as archaic as day 1
That's cause the older save lacks the info needed to work in the newer version but the newer save just has additional info not needed for the older version. Theoretically you could open the old save and add the info needed to work on the new version.
This is hardly the first game where saves get killed between patches, hell I've seen VNs and strategy games have this issue. Europe Universalis IV being a good example.

I've seen the old UI and I certainly wouldn't say that was a pointless overhaul... Old world progression seems pretty lame too, the main problem with the new one is really just they didn't bother adding text to explain it at all but seems a lot more interesting then just dump a bunch of hoes into the wild and it'll eventually improve stock globally.

ninjahedgehog

Oct 23, 2018
Can someone please tl;dr for me how the fuck Essence works, so I know what you're supposed to be aiming for to begin with? I can't believe the dev would put a system this confusing into the game and not explain it at all.
Bruh, we laterally running experiments here trying to figure that out since page 621
the TL;DR?:
breed a mutant

3.90 star(s) 106 Votes