RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
It only varies the fact of putting boobs, there is not much difference between the scenes of Futas or Man.

Well, for better or for worse... they are only less species that are men. The game itself gives you the explanation of "Sugar walls before balls" to sum it up.

The game has had many changes and I don't think they are going to put balls xddd. they eliminated several male variants.
Yeah, this is quite sad I'll say. I'm not into masculine males, more like into femboys as long as they're ultra girly but damn! Some of those males look amazing. Like.... Why? Why removing them? I just don't get it. Almost makes me mad gotta say. The dev really fucked this game up way before I thought he did.

yp34

May 4, 2022
I think you got the wrong impression of what I did. I didn't modified a game version from one that was THAT old lmao

Like, I know that BotN changed a lot but the version I changed it from was from 07569 to 076152, which I think are roughly about 10 hotfixes between each other as much. Game barely changed if at all between those.

Also. HOLY FUCK. I never saw those male versions in BotN before. I had seen the dude NPC in one of the oldest but never faced the fukin Lamias outside of the portal's warden.

DAMN! Is kinda sad to see how downhill the game has gotten ever since. Sure, some things got better like changing part of the turn basedness of the OG builds to the current system (I kinda miss the spam click mechanic tho) but still....
To be frank, I'm not fluent in English so I'll ignore most of the context and explain what I understand based on the game.

There are quite a few changes between old and new versions. Remember that many of them have traits? Well, some were removed or disabled from the game. Which were...
"Gaudy" "Grungy" "Divergent" "Sterile" "Abomination (Before you could breed between Father/Mother/Protagonist x Daughter/Son) "Atypical" "Desire" "Valuable"

As well as many "variants" of color in characters. Firstly because they "had similarities" with others.

View attachment 3981426
The "underworld" version does not have the wolf because it was removed, but the cat, fox and the bee. Maybe others.

The cow has many, the "galaxy" version "Halloween" " LuckyS" " JeanneCorrupted" and the ones that refer to Ice Cream "MntChiciChip" and "Mocha" .... Hell "NinthCircle" "Underworld"

View attachment 3981427 View attachment 3981428

The only one I liked but never found was the Rabbit with the "Mirko" texture.
View attachment 3981475

Also the deletion of characters or replace.
Actually, I don't remember which version I played but I remember that I could find in "God Mode" but it's a long time ago. When the cheats were not so different from the current ones.

Things that were changed.
For better or for worse, from possible mission (I mean, looking at the edition in some places.... It was a mission for some version of 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
)

accessories (2018 -
)
male character or "species" that would be replaced by others. (Lamias----> Dragons)

View attachment 3981487 View attachment 3981489
View attachment 3981490 View attachment 3981492 View attachment 3981493 View attachment 3981503 View attachment 3981494 View attachment 3981496 View attachment 3981559
Among many things you can find that were deleted or removed in the updates.
Someone mentioned about the "male" version of the angels. It was a comment on the Steam forum.

But in summary.
The games that have updates are subject to changes throughout history. xd

As happened to me months ago with the game "love at first tail" When I deleted it because it took up space, I forgot that the save was still kept in the program folder. I reinstalled the game with updated version. I still had the thumbnail picture of where I was in the story in a dialog, but opening it sent me to another part of the story xd

Similar to Carnal Instinct, the update that says 4. is a part where the "magic" is not yet fully developed, because they didn't introduce it xd
But the current version, if it has that... also the change of the space where is your potions, life bar and stamina...

Damn derelict is really despicable
He has male versions and Lamias ready nobody would have complained if those got reinstated in a patch but no
He has to be a dick and not work at all
Seriously how hard is to simply drop feed the arleady finished assets
It will allow him to milk at least the game more and have more good will but no he will do nothing for the pretty arleady finished game he has now

• Sad
Reactions: RubyZeronyka

kingtom129

Sep 9, 2021
I managed to modify some Nephelym information using hex edit (race, gender, traits) thanks to a useful comments that some people posted here some time ago. I wasn't too keen on downloading and executing BOTNTools because of the virus flag (even if it might very well be a false positive), so I decided to make my own simple tool for editing save files.

You can browse through your list of Nephelyms (including the breeder) and modify their race, gender and traits.

I made this tool in Python, so I provide the python script files for people that don't want to execute random exe files on the internet or prefer to use the scripts themselves. You'll need to execute botn_m.py using a relatively moden version of Python. For people who don't care, I also provide the tool compiled into a single .exe which doesn't need Python or any other dependency.

For the sake of completeness, I will briefly describe how to edit files using this tool. You'll first see the following UI when starting the application:
View attachment 3008078

Go to "File->open save" and select the save you want to edit. After the tool has finished processing the save, it will display the list of Nephelyms. By selecting them, you can see their information in the respective fields. You can see my save as en example:

View attachment 3008083

Note: you can see that I have some random Nephelym with the human breeder class. This is because I was previously messing around with the save files. Fun fact, you can actually swap almost all races to the human breeder class (except Mares for some reason), some of them looking better than others.

Traits are displayed in the big text field, one line per trait in save order. If we want to modify this Nephelym, we need to click "Modify". After that, we can edit anything but the name of the Nephelym. Before we can actually write to the save file, we need to press "Verify". This transforms any understandable keywords into the respective strings that the game recognizes (e.g. hominal is converted to Trait.Form.Hominal) and performs checks so that no erroneus information is written into the save. In my case, I modified the previous Nephelym with the following data:

View attachment 3008104

After verifying, the data looks like this:

View attachment 3008107

After that, we can click "Apply changes" and it will overwrite the opened save file with the following modifications. By default, the tool will perform backups of save files every 2h (meaning it will perform a backup if it detects that the last backup was done over 2h ago), but you can disable/change the time interval in "File->Options".

Note that while traits are generally pretty safe to modify and tweak, modifying gender and sometimes the race of some Nephelyms might result in crashes due to some incompatiblity of the shape and model data. For example, I have observed that changing Futa to Female and viceversa is generally safe (since they are basically identical other than the penis), but changing to Male just doesn't work. Additionally, changing the MC to a big size can be problematic when performing wild sex, as the game gets stuck in the interaction (but strangely enough it seems okay during breeding sessions?).

Finally, while I tried to make the tool as robust as possible, note that it is something that I coded in a week during my spare time. I suggest you make your own backups before starting to edit in case something unexpected happens in the long run.
how do i find the save? i spent soo long looking in the steam file for the game but there wasnt anything close to a save folder

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Mmmm i load my old finished save on the new version but Nephelyms doesn't spawn anymore... is possible to fix it?
I haven't found any, fix that is. Don't have your specific bug, mine is if I set my Nephs as a vagrant I can no longer interact with her at all.
The only solution I could find was to just play my old save on the old version and start over on the new one with cheats. I was able to semi-recover 25% of my stuff within an hour or so.....but I really don't like the remade systems in the new version so I might just stick with the old version until significant additions are made.

Hunterx33

Oct 29, 2018
I haven't found any, fix that is. Don't have your specific bug, mine is if I set my Nephs as a vagrant I can no longer interact with her at all.
The only solution I could find was to just play my old save on the old version and start over on the new one with cheats. I was able to semi-recover 25% of my stuff within an hour or so.....but I really don't like the remade systems in the new version so I might just stick with the old version until significant additions are made.
For me the game works normally except the wild ones don't spawn lol.
PD: i just put a new vagrant for test and works fine.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes