RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
At first, it was made that way that you would need to import saves. But I decided to let people choose what they did in previous episodes. I thought that only a few have my game left on their PC hard drive and would be annoyed if they had to replay everything from the start.
I know it may look linear at some points, but I tried doing a lot of choices and scenes that have different dialogs for the choices you made from 0.1. Let me explain:

Some talks with the girls have 8 different dialogs. Two sex scenes in this episode were point-based. One major choice when you kill Buer or spare him.

I studied a bit on how to make the choices feel impactful and the only way is to just release the full game. Right now you guys keep getting bits of the game and there is not a lot of choices that change anything.

I will try showing what most of the games even in Triple-A studios do with their choice system
View attachment 1694910

We rarely see some games that one single choice, in the beginning, can lead to 2-5 different paths to play.

I know you want more from me, but I am a solo dev that has to do like 90% of the work. I can barely do an update in 4 months with the size of an update I am aiming at. And making multiple branch games is not as easy as it looks. Choices still need to follow the story no matter what and if you make a lot of branches it is usually really hard to make. That's why you see so many developers who try to do a multiple branches gameplay tend to move very slowly with their game or even abandoned it.

As for the Li's I kinda hate that I went that way but it's sort of my easy way out. I once told you guys that my game's goal is not to make paths around girls' corruption. But to make choices on how you will approach the fight with Megan.
I dont know what are you talking about but the alter egos started showing up like the 3rd or the 4th episode. It's not new just got a little more impactful. I kinda dont see sex between these characters in real life with nice words and etc. So I just made them get more corrupted in this episode so the game would stop blue balling.

I see a lot of people saying so WHY DO I HAVE TO RESIT THE BRIGHT LORD IF EVERYTHING STILL HAPPENS. And my answer to that is that the first phase was a prologue that I tried to mess with a player's head so they tried to resist him, but some events would happen where the player starts to think that resisting him is now not an option, Bright Lord is the only person who can save your group. Now we have one of the first Major choices whether you kill Buer or not. Is that what I will focus on that more. And that will start to make mc act different with the girls, not vice versa. If this was a female protagonist game I would need to focus on one character and it would be easier because most of the players would want to see the FC getting fucked in different ways. Right now we have 3 main girls that have some impact on the choices you make. And 4 that dont.They are just there to be fucked.

But yeah I should remove that game description from 0.1 many people get confused and they enter with the idea that they will be resisting or going along with the Bright Lord. Trust me in 0.1 when I was stupid and confident with myself the idea was to have so many choices and so many different variables and etc. But as my developer skills grow I start to understand that I am still not experienced or have the manpower to do so. I am sorry if the update was a let down.
TBH, i dont mind the corruption to move forward faster. in fact i welcome it. The main issue i have is the love path and corruption path is very similar in terms of scenes, while the text have some minor differences. I think the concerns some players and my self have is that the corruption/mind control seems to happen without us doing much. in essence, makes us feel our choices dont make much difference. As you said, you lacked the man power to do more scenes which is understandable. However, i would propose to have two branch only and it would make it easier. So minor points differences wont make much of differences

Crazygamer43

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Donor
Compressor
Feb 25, 2018
Bright Lord [v0.7 Elite] [KissKiss Studio]

Original

Original Size: 1.59 GB
Compressed Size: 163 MB

Win/Linux: - - -

85309.png

Transparent Text Box Mod

Original Size: 1.59 GB
Compressed Size: 163 MB

Win/Linux: - - -

185157.png

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
I feel like I'm missing something here. When I download the game I get "Part 2" and it's asking me to input my choices from Part 1. Where is Part 1?

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Santaras - Do us a favor, remove the "landlady"/"landlady husband" text and change to a name. It painful to read. It look like its written by a 12 year old. I have no idea who started this stupid trend in VN games. It is UNDERSTOOD the taboo relationship in the games and why it is frame like that due to Patreon rules but make it less painful to read. i've never understood why people need to define the relationship aspect of this in a game so clearly. Devs can just hint it and we dont have to go through the pain of reading this type of writing

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Bright Lord [Phase2 v0.1b] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.64 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 201 MB:
Compressed Size Mac: 167 MB:

Bright Lord Walkthrough Mod

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:
or you can
Check out my

Last edited:

Ryantrix

Nov 21, 2018
Santaras - Do us a favor, remove the "landlady"/"landlady husband" text and change to a name. It painful to read. It look like its written by a 12 year old. I have no idea who started this stupid trend in VN games. It is UNDERSTOOD the taboo relationship in the games and why it is frame like that due to Patreon rules but make it less painful to read. i've never understood why people need to define the relationship aspect of this in a game so clearly. Devs can just hint it and we dont have to go through the pain of reading this type of writing
Just apply the patch, its the way it is meant to be played.

3.90 star(s) 88 Votes